CSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Forum.
by Stockton12 (UTA) Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 pm

» Ready, Set, Go!
by Dennis (BOS) Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

» HOUSTON ROCKETS TRADE BLOCK
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 am

» Mike D'antoni
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

» Magic Fire
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 am

» Chicago Bulls TB
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am

» Chicago Sign
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 am

» T.R. Dunn (10 characters)
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am

» Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 am

Changing Teams?

+4
Myles (SAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jamal (CHA)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
8 posters

Go down

Changing Teams? Empty Changing Teams?

Post by bestnamezRtaken (POR) Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:06 pm

Changing Teams?

Dallas, TX
Changing Teams? K7X1DQp

As the defending Champions, Miami Heat, swept their way to a second straight title, that was the big news of the league. The Cinderella Story of James Harden and the Houston Rockets, came to a crushing end. The home crowd of Houston was hoping to see their team finally get a win...and it looked like they were about to...Until Finals MVP Kevin Durant, who struggled most of the game, hit a crushing clutch shot as time went off, to end the series.

The league was abuzz about the series...and then out of no where, General Managers were being let go and a change of pace was in order for the league. A couple of new General Mangers around the league were given the chance to change teams since they hadn't made a single decision in the front office. That included Dallas Mavericks General Manager, Tanner Owen.

After some discussions and heavy thought, the league decided against letting a GM go after all, as Owen had debated in his mind to leave the Mavericks for a new team. Upon hearing the news, Owen was happy to see a fellow GM return to his team.

Then, Owen was contacted by Ted Leonsis, owner of the Washington Wizards. The possibility to run a team with John Wall, Blake Griffin, Jonas Valancioa78dsf, Jordan Crawford, expiring contracts, cap space, a top 15 lotto pick...that's a bit hard to turn down.

"I talked with Mark Cuban about getting the offer from Leonsis, he was disappointed about the situation. He felt that I had made a commitment to the team and I hadn't made any changes yet. It was a tough decision, and a hard one at that. But I went back to Mark and told him how I felt, and that it's business...that I would be staying with the Dallas Mavericks. It didn't feel right leaving the team and taking the easy way out. I told him that I'm here to stay." Owen said during an interview.

[to all those that had messaged me regarding trades and offers...I accidently deleted the messages by mistake, so if you could resend them, that'd be great. Thanks!]
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)

Back to top Go down

Changing Teams? Empty Re: Changing Teams?

Post by Jamal (CHA) Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:42 pm

The offer was tempting, but your commitment speaks for itself.

It could be a larger road, but it's sure that once you start building a nice roster and start winning games the satisfaction will be much higher than if you took the Wizards offer.
At the end it doesn't take that long, and once you get rid of the contracts that you got and start getting players that you like via small signings at FA or from the draft it will be a different story. Losing but with the players you drafted/picked and seeing them develop makes you see the end of the tunnel, and before you can imagine you start being competitive and having optimistic short term plans.

I'm sure we'll see the Mavs being competitive sooner than later Wink
Jamal (CHA)
Jamal (CHA)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:43 pm

I'm glad you decided to stick it out. I'm not a fan of people switching teams unless absolutely necessary.
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Myles (SAS) Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:48 pm

Way to take the tough road, mad respect for that. Best of luck and may you never finish higher than me in the division standings Wink
Myles (SAS)
Myles (SAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by orangeparka (MIA) Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:24 pm

Nice. Mavs are in a bit of a tough situation having fallen short in lottery luck, but best of luck.

orangeparka (MIA)

Back to top Go down

Post by emplep7 (DET) Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:57 am

The mavs need help and having a committed GM will get them back on track.
emplep7 (DET)
emplep7 (DET)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:59 am

Good luck dude, love this decision. You are going to be a major player next offseason.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizzo (NY) Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:24 pm

Stick it out is definitely the way to go. Make this team yours and put your own stamp on the roster.
Rizzo (NY)
Rizzo (NY)

Back to top Go down

Post by bestnamezRtaken (POR) Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:52 pm

Thanks guys, I appreciate the positive feedback. I'm happy with my decision.
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down