CSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Forum.
by Stockton12 (UTA) Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 pm

» Ready, Set, Go!
by Dennis (BOS) Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

» HOUSTON ROCKETS TRADE BLOCK
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 am

» Mike D'antoni
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

» Magic Fire
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 am

» Chicago Bulls TB
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am

» Chicago Sign
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 am

» T.R. Dunn (10 characters)
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am

» Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 am

Team Picking is Now Open

+15
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
bt (SAC)
Cyrisnyte (SAS)
Stockton12 (UTA)
Jamal (CHA)
Higrade (LAC)
Sun Scorched (NOP)
Jestor (LAL)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)
GreenBear (PHX)
Rizzo (NY)
Jake0890 (WAS)
Dennis (BOS)
Myles (SAS)
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Team Picking is Now Open Empty Team Picking is Now Open

Post by Myles (SAS) Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:14 pm

Alright gents,

You may now PM your top 5 choices for teams you want to GM to any member of the admin staff. The deadline for this will be in roughly 60 hours (two and a half days from now) because we want to give people time to look over the ratings. We are hoping to produce the HTML pages with all the ratings by around this time tomorrow. So that should give everyone ample time to check out the rosters before sending in your choices. If you already know who you want, feel free to send us that list before the ratings come out. You are free to make changes to your list up until the deadline (which will be around sometime Wednesday night EST, to be officially determined later).
Myles (SAS)
Myles (SAS)

Back to top Go down

Team Picking is Now Open Empty Re: Team Picking is Now Open

Post by Dennis (BOS) Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:20 pm

Just a short question.
1)How do we handle picks?
Example: Boston owning Philadelphia pick 2015 which is protected in 2015 and if pick falls under Protection will be converted into two Future seconds.
2)file will be uploaded too to take a look at the potentials? Potentials will be as accurate as possible? (Except for staff differences)

Could influence my decision if I pick MKE, PHI etc.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Myles (SAS) Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:25 pm

1. All picks from the 2014, 2015, and 2016 draft will be accurately reflected in game. So the Phoenix Suns have the Lakers 2015 1st, top 5 protected. The exact details of the protection still need to be discussed. I'm of the opinion that, for simplicity's sake, picks should only have one year of protection and then will be an unprotected first the year after that. But that's not confirmed.

2. Yes, the file will be available. It won't be the exact file, we're going to have two files made but they will be using the exact some roster set so there won't be any issue.
Myles (SAS)
Myles (SAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:32 pm

Thanks Myles.
1) Answer scares me a bit. Would have interest in maybe taking over the 76ers. But losing the 2016 first would be too huge. Thats why asking. Would be cool if you could clarify until deadline if all options for picks will be considered or if due to Simplicity Protection will be handled like always.

2) okay, so I could rely on potentials as good as possible keeping in mind the staff issue/ normal variations.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:37 pm

The NBA has so many ridiculously protected picks that are crazy complicated to follow, I think we should just do the one year protection as always.

Just my 2 cents.
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:41 pm

It is. Just asking because if we do the simple way, philly is a lost Franchise.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Myles (SAS) Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:46 pm

Why would Philly be a lost franchise? They have their 2014 1st, New Orleans 2014 1st, and their lottery 2015 1st as well as Michael Carter Williams, Nerlens Noel to build around. That gives them two seasons and three draft picks to use before that 2016 1st they lost comes into play. And if they lose their 2015 1st, that means they were in the playoffs. I don't see how Philly is screwed.
Myles (SAS)
Myles (SAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:48 pm

Maybe wrong words. I then lost interest. The only reason I asked. Thanks for the fast answer Smile.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizzo (NY) Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:56 pm

Myles (SAS) wrote:Why would Philly be a lost franchise? They have their 2014 1st, New Orleans 2014 1st, and their lottery 2015 1st as well as Michael Carter Williams, Nerlens Noel to build around. That gives them two seasons and three draft picks to use before that 2016 1st they lost comes into play. And if they lose their 2015 1st, that means they were in the playoffs. I don't see how Philly is screwed.

Wouldn't they still hold that 2016 first since we are doing three years of draft picks? Wouldn't teams start with picks in the 2014, 2015 and 2016 drafts?
Rizzo (NY)
Rizzo (NY)

Back to top Go down

Post by Myles (SAS) Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:09 pm

Well, no, their 2015 1st is owned by Boston but lottery protected. If they get their 2015 1st back via protection, then Boston is owed a 2016 1st (if we are going by our protections).
Myles (SAS)
Myles (SAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by GreenBear (PHX) Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:20 pm

How are injuries being handled? For example, is Nerlens Noel going to miss most or all of the first year? And is there a higher than average chance that he will deal with more injury problems throughout his career?
GreenBear (PHX)
GreenBear (PHX)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizzo (NY) Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:23 pm

I assume that all injuries would be reset, but that's not something we have discussed as of yet.
Rizzo (NY)
Rizzo (NY)

Back to top Go down

Post by Myles (SAS) Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:33 pm

Haven't discussed yet but pretty likely all injuries will be reset. However, there is a durability rating in the game, and it's safe to assume guys like Nerlens Noel and Derrick Rose aren't going to have the highest of durability ratings.
Myles (SAS)
Myles (SAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:42 pm

Submitted to Myles and Dylan.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by LakeshowAK7 (OKC) Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:48 pm

I am curious to see how Giannis' potential is done. He's actually only one of about 3 players at his age to post .8 blocks, 1 spg, 2+ apg, along with his ppg/rpg. (TMac, KD, and another). Also will his height be adjusted?
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:25 pm

I've finished my excel file with updated picks to reflect real NBA (haven't send it to Myles yet but he knows it's done and I'll send it later when I have my PC)
I've included 1 year protection for 1st picks and no protection for 2nd picks. I've excluded those "if the pick falls into protected range then 2 2nds are converted to X team" type of protection, I've only considered the way things are now in CSL:

Example:
2015 Philly 1st to BOS (Lottery Prot.)
If pick is not converted in 2015, becomes unprotected in 2016, no matter what kind of protection it has in NBA.

That's the best solution for picks, as rules for protected picks in CSL are easy to understand!
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:29 pm

Whatever Myles decides. Just erased philly from my list and replaced it with another team. Problem solved Smile.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by GreenBear (PHX) Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:44 pm

Marcos_Beck (OKC) wrote:I've finished my excel file with updated picks to reflect real NBA (haven't send it to Myles yet but he knows it's done and I'll send it later when I have my PC)
I've included 1 year protection for 1st picks and no protection for 2nd picks. I've excluded those "if the pick falls into protected range then 2 2nds are converted to X team" type of protection, I've only considered the way things are now in CSL:

Example:
2015 Philly 1st to BOS (Lottery Prot.)
If pick is not converted in 2015, becomes unprotected in 2016, no matter what kind of protection it has in NBA.

That's the best solution for picks, as rules for protected picks in CSL are easy to understand!

Appreciate the time and effort you put in here. One other quick question about the traded picks: what about the ones where a team has the right to swap picks if they want? For example, Atlanta has the right to swap its 2015 1st round pick with Brooklyn's 2015 1st round pick if it wants. Are we doing that in the CSL?
GreenBear (PHX)
GreenBear (PHX)

Back to top Go down

Post by Myles (SAS) Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:54 pm

I don't think so. Haven't officially made a decision but we hadn't made it allowable before.
Myles (SAS)
Myles (SAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:19 pm

About swapping picks, in my table I created a separate place to list them.. But to be honest I'd drop that swap issue and go on without it, I think it's too much complicated!

I really like CSL rules for picks as of now.

1st picks protected for one year, if not converted in this year, becomes unprotected for the next year. 2nd picks can't be protected. No right to swap picks.

Only change I'd made is to only allow pick trades from 3 years, not 5 anymore. I mean, starting in 2014 and dealing your 2018 pick is too much. Most of the teams have 2014, 15 and 16 picks to play, and that's a lot of flexibility for trades. No need to risk future in 4+ seasons.
But Myles I think addressed that this will be changed to 3 years, so I think with this correction pick rules are perfectly fine!
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jestor (LAL) Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:10 pm

Don't like swapping picks rule in a sim league. Don't like it in real life, either.

And I believe they said they're going to change the draft pick trade from 5 years to 3 in another post - makes the most sense anyway, since it's what DDS allows.
Jestor (LAL)
Jestor (LAL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sun Scorched (NOP) Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:19 pm

Jestor (PHX) wrote:Don't like swapping picks rule in a sim league.  Don't like it in real life, either.

And I believe they said they're going to change the draft pick trade from 5 years to 3 in another post - makes the most sense anyway, since it's what DDS allows.

Correct re: 3 v. 5 years. We want to track the fewest amount of things outside of the engine as possible. Plus, we really shouldn't have teams gutting their future picks five years out anyways.
Sun Scorched (NOP)
Sun Scorched (NOP)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:49 pm

Draft picks file sent to Myles!

If anyone wants it to help choosing your team, lemme know by PM (don't forget to send your email).
Otherwise, just need to wait to see all picks correctly in the HTML file!
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:52 pm

Marcos_Beck (OKC) wrote:Draft picks file sent to Myles!

If anyone wants it to help choosing your team, lemme know by PM (don't forget to send your email).
Otherwise, just need to wait to see all picks correctly in the HTML file!
Thanks. But not needed, so many sides with the same infos:).
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Higrade (LAC) Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:48 pm

Well, we actually won't be able to see any potentials before picking teams, right ? We would need access to a game file and I'm assuming we will only be picking from the HTML ?
Higrade (LAC)
Higrade (LAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next