CSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Forum.
by Stockton12 (UTA) Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 pm

» Ready, Set, Go!
by Dennis (BOS) Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

» HOUSTON ROCKETS TRADE BLOCK
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 am

» Mike D'antoni
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

» Magic Fire
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 am

» Chicago Bulls TB
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am

» Chicago Sign
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 am

» T.R. Dunn (10 characters)
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am

» Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 am

Drive Preference Cap

+12
WillyJakkz (ORL)
StOfTheStep (PHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
emplep7 (DET)
goikiri (IND)
Dennis (BOS)
Myles (SAS)
Cyrisnyte (SAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)
andrei (MEM)
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)
Rizzo (NY)
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Drive Preference Cap - Page 2 Empty Re: Drive Preference Cap

Post by Jamal (CHA) Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:56 pm

dapralbe (UTAH) wrote:I've never been commissioned not even have the game, but I can learn all memory ratings twice just to see them and try to relate them, in terms of preferences alone know which explains my good friend goikiri, so I usually use a real logic based on numbers and statistics that I can see, if I had the game like you or have been also commissioned as your jamal on a lot of information to make more complete analysis, but not to have that information alone have those numbers in my head is not bad. touche

No GM knows the real FGJ values, but that's not the point here, nor how many numbers your eidetic memory can store, or who wins the world cup.
The only thing that matters is that the parameter you're basing whatever you're trying to say on, it's made by mixing the real FGJ and FG3 with shooting tendencies (and who knows what more), what makes it completely useless.
Jamal (CHA)
Jamal (CHA)

Back to top Go down

Post by bt (SAC) Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:09 am

I don't think there needs to be a cap on drives. Just lower the FGD rating. I mean, look at this here.

http://stats.nba.com/playerTrackingDrives.html?pageNo=1&rowsPerPage=25&sortField=DVS&sortOrder=DES

Those that take a lot of drives, and are decent at it, shoot at best around 50%. Conley (54%) and LeBron (63%) the two standouts. Why not lower those stupid FGD ratings from the 80's down to the 40's and 50's? Don't these ratings mean the percentages a player shoots from that area?

http://stats.nba.com/playerTrackingShooting.html?pageNo=1&rowsPerPage=25&sortField=FGP_DRIVE&sortOrder=DES

This shows a lot more with driving FG% but again, of those making more than 3-4 drives, the percentages are much lower.

Also, the top leading drivers at at 10 per game. 80% of Tony Parker's shots are drives but he shoots under 50% overall.

I don't think we need to limit driving. Just lower the FGD ratings.
bt (SAC)
bt (SAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:56 am

bt (TOR) wrote:I don't think there needs to be a cap on drives. Just lower the FGD rating. I mean, look at this here.

http://stats.nba.com/playerTrackingDrives.html?pageNo=1&rowsPerPage=25&sortField=DVS&sortOrder=DES

Those that take a lot of drives, and are decent at it, shoot at best around 50%. Conley (54%) and LeBron (63%) the two standouts. Why not lower those stupid FGD ratings from the 80's down to the 40's and 50's? Don't these ratings mean the percentages a player shoots from that area?

http://stats.nba.com/playerTrackingShooting.html?pageNo=1&rowsPerPage=25&sortField=FGP_DRIVE&sortOrder=DES

This shows a lot more with driving FG% but again, of those making more than 3-4 drives, the percentages are much lower.

Also, the top leading drivers at at 10 per game. 80% of Tony Parker's shots are drives but he shoots under 50% overall.

I don't think we need to limit driving. Just lower the FGD ratings.

I think that has already been done. Or at least I hope so.
Otherwise we may have 70% inside shooters all over the place again.. Limiting drives won't limit players from shooting sky-high percentages if FGD and FGI hasn't been lowered dramatically.
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by Myles (SAS) Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:08 am

Tomorrow I will make a detailed post about our rating editing and testing process. I hope you all know that we did our due diligence and you have no need to worry.
Myles (SAS)
Myles (SAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:54 am

Myles (SAS) wrote:Tomorrow I will make a detailed post about our rating editing and testing process. I hope you all  know that we did our due diligence and you have no need to worry.

That's nice!
Can't wait for the regular season to start!
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by dapralbe (ATL) Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:20 am

if you guys want to start this promises I feel that this new era of csl, going to have a long history full of joys for all
dapralbe (ATL)
dapralbe (ATL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum