CSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Forum.
by Stockton12 (UTA) Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 pm

» Ready, Set, Go!
by Dennis (BOS) Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

» HOUSTON ROCKETS TRADE BLOCK
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 am

» Mike D'antoni
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

» Magic Fire
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 am

» Chicago Bulls TB
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am

» Chicago Sign
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 am

» T.R. Dunn (10 characters)
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am

» Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 am

It's been fun guys!

+17
Dqchen87 (CAVS)
andrei (MEM)
BizGilwalker (HOU)
emplep7 (DET)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
goikiri (IND)
Jamal (CHA)
Rizzo (NY)
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)
Higrade (LAC)
blackice (TOR)
Dennis (BOS)
Riot (MKE)
WillyJakkz (ORL)
Benripcity (MIA)
Cyrisnyte (SAS)
orangeparka (MIA)
21 posters

Go down

It's been fun guys! Empty It's been fun guys!

Post by orangeparka (MIA) Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:44 am

Hey guys, it's been a hell of a ride and I write this with a heavy heart, but with my roster pretty much set now, it's time for me to retire from the CSL/sim leagues.

I really don't want to quit obviously (I love sim leagues) but long story short, I've recently made a very exciting life-changing decision to help head a startup company along with a few really great associates here in Korea. It's IT-related and has to do with crowdfunding, and is basically somewhat like a Korean Kickstarter haha. I haven't taken the semester off yet (still a university student), but have instead decided to drop a few courses instead and keep attending most of my classes on the side. I don't know if it'll be manageable but that's the plan for now. So basically, all remaining time will have to go towards that project. It might be some sleepless nights, but I feel like it'll be a really great opportunity for us and whatnot.

The past year and half of sim-leaguing has been great, and it was really fun and interesting to do on the side especially since I was serving my mandatory military service, but alas. I've played the Phoenix Suns, Chicago Bulls, and Miami Heat, so I think I really got a good taste of all kinds of teams as well, so no regrets there.

I really wanted to accomplish the threepeat too, so it's sad to see it end here.  Crying or Very sad I like the outlook of the team longterm, so hopefully whoever takes on the team doesn't go too crazy! Haha, jk.

I just wanna say thanks to everyone who's made it a truly great experience, especially guys like Blackice, Myles, Dylan, Lakeshow, Riot, SS, Willy, etc. (I'm sure I'm forgetting lots of guys) who I've known since the early days of R2G, and even before that on the RealGM boards.

I hate that it's so abrupt and stuff, and I'm sorry to the mod team for not letting them know in advance.

This really is a great great league, and Myles/Dylan really work super hard to make it such a great platform for all of us, so I hope you guys always help and support them!

I might be checking in once in a while to see how things're going, so see ya'll then.  Very Happy 

Thanks again guys!

-OP

orangeparka (MIA)

Back to top Go down

It's been fun guys! Empty Re: It's been fun guys!

Post by Cyrisnyte (SAS) Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:51 am

Hey OP, hate to see you go. You built up one hell of a team there in Miami and now they will go into someone else's hands.

Real life has to come first though. I know this from experience. I wish you the best man and hope everything works out for you.
Cyrisnyte (SAS)
Cyrisnyte (SAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Benripcity (MIA) Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:52 am

Whoa last guy I expected to leave.

Good luck with your project man, Come back and kick our asses again when you get some free time back.

Really funny considering everyone is building there teams to beat miami Smile
Benripcity (MIA)
Benripcity (MIA)

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyJakkz (ORL) Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:06 am

Got damn man... you put me on to these sim League games and I owe you bigtime for that... most fun I've had since competing in these things which started in the RealGM GMat Games...

Damn man, you've been a big help and really enjoyed competing against you my man.

If you have a change of heart stick it out or create an alternate account and GM another team lol...

Damnnn.... but definitely a great life opportunity for you, time to take your CSL GM'ing success into real life bro!
WillyJakkz (ORL)
WillyJakkz (ORL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Riot (MKE) Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:09 am

That Miami team is going to get filled faster than an empty pint glass in Milwaukee. You've done a stellar job.

I wish you the best with your endeavors, brother. I'm sure we'll see you around sometime in the future. Appreciate the shoutout, it's been a pleasure working with you since our days doing GM a Team on RealGM.

Last edited by Riot (MKE) on Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Riot (MKE)
Riot (MKE)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:22 am

We had some discussions here and there, but its still hard to see you go. I know the feeling. Like said yesterday I got a Joboffer too and Im still struggling with my decision. Dont want to end up being as active as bt, bazemore or yuedar.

What an impact for the league. You and me leaving. That would be around minus 15-20% of the comments.

Anyway. Good luck for the Future! Take all the opportunities you can get. They are rare!
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by blackice (TOR) Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:32 am

We've been battling it out since early GMaT, like 2008-2009. After the T-Mac/Snakebites/Bryant08 "era" trying to hold my own and always losing to T-Mac...you, Riot, Luke and Bness came along and ran that board for years. AK, SS, Jake, Willy and Biz came along later and then most of us made the transition to R2G, then here.

We've been trying to one up each other for close to 5 years now and it's been a pleasure, you always kept your cool no matter how much heat was on you. Goodluck with this new venture and take care of yourself bud.
blackice (TOR)
blackice (TOR)

Back to top Go down

Post by Higrade (LAC) Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:56 am

Damn well that's tough to hear. Seems like you were a major part of this league and I haven't had the chance to be in the regular season yet. We all have stuff that comes up though, so glad to hear things are working out pretty well for you by the sounds of it. Best of luck with everything !
Higrade (LAC)
Higrade (LAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by orangeparka (MIA) Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:18 am

Thanks everyone for the good wishes!

orangeparka (MIA)

Back to top Go down

Post by LakeshowAK7 (OKC) Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:11 am

Damn broham. Leaving the CSL to make that Korean paper. Understandable. It's been a fun ride. Hope your company does well and I'm sure the CSL will still be here. At the very least you've left a pretty easy job for any GM to handle.

Best of luck and reconsider after you've had a day to think about it Wink
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizzo (NY) Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:09 am

Tough to see you go OP. I know I've learned a lot about this sim from you in just a little under a year. Wish you would stay but sounds like you've got a great opportunity in front of you. Best of luck and come back soon!
Rizzo (NY)
Rizzo (NY)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamal (CHA) Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:12 am

Just woke up and saw the news. So sad to see you leaving man. Who's going to kick me out of playoffs now?  Crying or Very sad

I guess you're the one that wants to continue this Heat dinasty most, but that new proyect you're starting looks like a great opportunity, so it's understandable. I really wish you the same success you had here with the Heat on that, I'm sure it will be like that Wink

Best of lucks, and hope to hear back from you in the near future!!
It's really been a pleasure.
Jamal (CHA)
Jamal (CHA)

Back to top Go down

Post by goikiri (IND) Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:02 am

Good luck in life, Parka.

Your articles about CSL 2014 draft were excellents, I apprecciate those because I was new. Now, when I am connecting, i will not look orangeparka name. I hope you have receive a good new, but the league, this is a bad new.
goikiri (IND)
goikiri (IND)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:32 am

I With I had the chance of joining the league earlier just to compete against a great GM like you
It's so little time here but it was enough to see how much influence you have around here.
I'd have been a real pleasure to try to dethrone you and the great team you have built.
Anyway, real life comes first. Good luck in handling that new project. Hope it works for you!
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by emplep7 (DET) Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:17 am

Man, did not expect that. Everyone is literally building their teams to beat yours and without you at the helm it wont be as fun and Miami probably won't win it now. Good luck with your company though man and hopefully once you get everything situated you are back in the league.
emplep7 (DET)
emplep7 (DET)

Back to top Go down

Post by BizGilwalker (HOU) Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:53 am

wow hate to see you go man, good luck in your life endeavors Smile
BizGilwalker (HOU)
BizGilwalker (HOU)

Back to top Go down

Post by andrei (MEM) Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:10 am

good luck man
andrei (MEM)
andrei (MEM)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dqchen87 (CAVS) Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:16 am

Best of luck OP! You are definitely one of the best GM!
Wish we completed more trades between the two of us.
Good luck!
Dqchen87 (CAVS)
Dqchen87 (CAVS)

Back to top Go down

Post by bestnamezRtaken (POR) Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:19 am

Dang, sucks to see you go. Good luck bud.
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:23 am

Sucks that you have to leave. I don't know that the Heat 3 peat without you now.

Also, I hope you watched your Heat get beat last night by my Pacers. Just a preview of what's to come in the ECF.
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sun Scorched (NOP) Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:21 pm

You son of a .........
Sun Scorched (NOP)
Sun Scorched (NOP)

Back to top Go down

Post by bt (SAC) Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:30 pm

Am on holidays at the moment but had to chime in just to say best wishes. Great GM and will be a loss here.
bt (SAC)
bt (SAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by orangeparka (MIA) Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:40 am

Thanks a lot guys!

orangeparka (MIA)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down