CSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Forum.
by Stockton12 (UTA) Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 pm

» Ready, Set, Go!
by Dennis (BOS) Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

» HOUSTON ROCKETS TRADE BLOCK
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 am

» Mike D'antoni
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

» Magic Fire
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 am

» Chicago Bulls TB
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am

» Chicago Sign
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 am

» T.R. Dunn (10 characters)
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am

» Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 am

Timberwolves Desperate for Free Agents

+5
Dennis (BOS)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
Roc Nation
Jake0890 (WAS)
9 posters

Go down

Timberwolves Desperate for Free Agents Empty Timberwolves Desperate for Free Agents

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:58 pm

Timberwolves Desperate for Free Agents H1OFqWT

As another GM said, if you didn't win very much last year, you have to overpay to get any of the free agents' attention, and that rings true for the Timberwolves more than anybody else. We're at day 9 of free agency, and reports have said the Wolves' front office are keeping the phone lines busy with as many as 6 or 7 formal offers handed out, with as many as 15 informal talks between them and free agents. And yet, even with $25 million in cap space, no one has signed on the dotted line.

It's clear this system favors the teams that contended for a championship the year before. Miami has been able to retain both Isaiah Thomas and Spencer Hawes, while signing Brandon Rush for far below market value. The Thunder have signed Kyle Lowry, Derrick Williams, and recently, Shannon Brown. The Rockets have re-signed Andre Iguodala and Mario Chalmers. The Boston Celtics, a rebuilding team, have openly admitted that they had to vastly overpay Gordon Hayward to even gain consideration for signing him. Teams like the Phoenix Suns were unable to land any free agents and have now bowed out of free agency, and even the Bobcats have only been able to sign 1 player with $24 million in cap space.

If the Wolves can't reel in one of their targets, this offseason would go down in the books as a total disaster for them.
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Timberwolves Desperate for Free Agents Empty Re: Timberwolves Desperate for Free Agents

Post by Roc Nation Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:05 pm

I can speak to the players that I've represented (which isn't much on that list). Brown only received interest from one team. Williams only received one formal offer. Chalmers was promised a starting spot and no one else was offering more money anyway.

Roc Nation

Back to top Go down

Timberwolves Desperate for Free Agents Empty Re: Timberwolves Desperate for Free Agents

Post by bestnamezRtaken (POR) Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:06 pm

Yeah, I'm in the same boat, trying to get FAs to sign in Dallas. Hopefully we can get one or two people to bite on our line, hah.
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:12 pm

1st Twitter message with more than 140-character hahaha
Well, I must say it's easier to sign players when you are a proven contender. But, anyway, I've reached for players who didn't have any offers before mine, and I've also reached for lots of other players and could not get them.
Thus far we've re-signed 2 guys, and signed 1.. But we may have lost like 20 players in that time, because our offer was too low (we really don't have lots to offer, though).
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:59 pm

Roc Nation wrote:I can speak to the players that I've represented (which isn't much on that list). Brown only received interest from one team. Williams only received one formal offer. Chalmers was promised a starting spot and no one else was offering more money anyway.  

No offense, not sayin' you are lying! But I asked what Williams is asking for and you said he's set to join the thunder for their MLE exzeption. So I told you I wanted to offer my MLE + 30 Mins+ as starter too. And you just told me "Williams wants to Play for a winner". So there was another offer that was even 7m higher compared to the okc offer.
Anyway the only answer I got while writing offers to your agency was "wants to Play for a winner", already thought of offering my MLE the worst Player you got just to See what answer I get Very Happy
No prob if every Player likes playing Time over money, but it isnt the truth that there wasnt a second offer. It was, and it was nearly the Double of what Williams got.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sun Scorched (NOP) Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:06 pm

Hang tough Jake!!! Your team will be a playoff lock if you can nab the guy you're after - it'll be worth it!
Sun Scorched (NOP)
Sun Scorched (NOP)

Back to top Go down

Post by Roc Nation Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:27 pm

DennisJ (BOS) wrote:
Roc Nation wrote:I can speak to the players that I've represented (which isn't much on that list). Brown only received interest from one team. Williams only received one formal offer. Chalmers was promised a starting spot and no one else was offering more money anyway.  

No offense, not sayin' you are lying! But I asked what Williams is asking for and you said he's set to join the thunder for their MLE exzeption. So I told you I wanted to offer my MLE + 30 Mins+ as starter too. And you just told me "Williams wants to Play for a winner". So there was another offer that was even 7m higher compared to the okc offer.
Anyway the only answer I got while writing offers to your agency was "wants to Play for a winner", already thought of offering my MLE the worst Player you got just to See what answer I get Very Happy
No prob if every Player likes playing Time over money, but it isnt the truth that there wasnt a second offer. It was, and it was nearly the Double of what Williams got.

Willams had already accepted the Thunder offer by the time you inquired about him, and like I said, he only received one formal offer, the only thing I got from you was unofficial. For Booker, you offered the same contract as two other teams that had offered for him at the time, and both of those teams were playoff contenders who were offering to make Booker a starter.

Roc Nation

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:38 pm

Roc Nation wrote:
DennisJ (BOS) wrote:

Willams had already accepted the Thunder offer by the time you inquired about him, and like I said, he only received one formal offer, the only thing I got from you was unofficial. For Booker, you offered the same contract as two other teams that had offered for him at the time, and both of those teams were playoff contenders who were offering to make Booker a starter.

Why should I send in a formal offer if you tell me the decision is already made? Wrote a message as soon as I read the article "offers Heating up for Williams" (timezones Problem).
To be honest your Agency is the only one I dont like. But let us use the sheet (Myles already announced) for it.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Roc Nation Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:40 pm

I didn't say you should have sent in a formal offer. I'm just saying he only received one formal offer when I had made the decision. The decision was made before you sent in the email for Williams. In reality, it is a decision that I regret because I could have put my client in a better position making more money with the same amount of playing time in Boston. However, I had to honor the agreement I made and the decision I made. If I waited longer or your offer came in earlier, he would have signed with Boston.

Roc Nation

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:44 pm

Roc Nation wrote:I didn't say you should have sent in a formal offer. I'm just saying he only received one formal offer when I had made the decision. The decision was made before you sent in the email for Williams. In reality, it is a decision that I regret because I could have put my client in a better position making more money with the same amount of playing time in Boston. However, I had to honor the agreement I made and the decision I made. If I waited longer or your offer came in earlier, he would have signed with Boston.

Okay, Im Fine with that. Honest answer.
Thanks for it. Keep it going Smile..

BTW Im pretty sure I figured out who is Handling which agency. Looking at signings etc it was "pretty easy". Talked with Roc Nation about his nice strategies during Playoffs Last season. Didnt I Razz?
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by bestnamezRtaken (POR) Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:13 pm

DennisJ (BOS) wrote:BTW Im pretty sure I figured out who is Handling which agency. Looking at signings etc it was "pretty easy". Talked with Roc Nation about his nice strategies during Playoffs Last season. Didnt I Razz?

Honestly, I don't think that any current GM in this league should be running an agency, at all. But that's just my opinion.
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:15 pm

bestnamezRtaken (DAL) wrote:
DennisJ (BOS) wrote:BTW Im pretty sure I figured out who is Handling which agency. Looking at signings etc it was "pretty easy". Talked with Roc Nation about his nice strategies during Playoffs Last season. Didnt I Razz?

Honestly, I don't think that any current GM in this league should be running an agency, at all. But that's just my opinion.

Well where else would you find someone to do it? They have to be familiar with the league, and no one is just gonna lurk around the forum and not want to be a GM.

But yeah, in a perfect world, no agent would be a GM, but that's not gonna happen.
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sun Scorched (NOP) Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:19 pm

Why do you think that?

And no, Dennis, I'm not Roc. Wink
Sun Scorched (NOP)
Sun Scorched (NOP)

Back to top Go down

Post by Myles (SAS) Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:21 pm

Yeah I mean I think everyone can agree that ideally agents and GMs would be separate. It's how it works in real life, Jay-Z being required to sell his ownership stake in the Nets to become an agent. However, the logistics of finding people who are willing to learn everything they'll need to know about the CSL, the players, the teams, AND put in the work to be an agent AND not get anything out of it in terms of running a team or anything? Good luck finding someone like that.
Myles (SAS)
Myles (SAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by bestnamezRtaken (POR) Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:24 pm

Myles (SAS) wrote:

Yeah I mean I think everyone can agree that ideally agents and GMs would be separate. It's how it works in real life, Jay-Z being required to sell his ownership stake in the Nets to become an agent. However, the logistics of finding people who are willing to learn everything they'll need to know about the CSL, the players, the teams, AND put in the work to be an agent AND not get anything out of it in terms of running a team or anything? Good luck finding someone like that.

Yeah, I understand everything about it, why we have GMs running the agencies...I was merely just stating an opinion is all.
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:30 pm

Sun Scorched (CHA) wrote:

Why do you think that?

And no, Dennis, I'm not Roc. Wink

Okay to be honest I considered two guys for this agency, But if you are telling the truth, I know who it is now. Maybe you are bluffing, argh, that would be unfair, eheh:D.

Last edited by DennisJ (BOS) on Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by bt (SAC) Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:39 pm

I didn't have a run in or anything with an agency but as soon as they explained their stance, if it makes sense and has logic, there's no real issue with PAs being GMs.
bt (SAC)
bt (SAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:43 pm

bt (TOR) wrote:I didn't have a run in or anything with an agency but as soon as they explained their stance, if it makes sense and has logic, there's no real issue with PAs being GMs.

Same opinion here. Just couldnt get why Williams accepts an offer thats way below ours. Especially because his greed is way above playing for a winner. WAY above. But roc nation explained he rushed into a contract, so Im fine with it. Hurts, but who cares, thats the timezone problem, a problem I cant solve because I need sleep. lol Very Happy
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by bt (SAC) Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:47 pm

Yeah, I've heard that they will discuss what role player attributes will play next season because there were some issues this season also.
bt (SAC)
bt (SAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jestor (LAL) Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:59 am

DennisJ (BOS) wrote:

BTW Im pretty sure I figured out who is Handling which agency. Looking at signings etc it was "pretty easy". Talked with Roc Nation about his nice strategies during Playoffs Last season. Didnt I Razz?

Yeah you can pretty much figure out who is who by doing a syntax analysis. (I haven't done that because I don't care, but still).
Jestor (LAL)
Jestor (LAL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down