CSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Forum.
by Stockton12 (UTA) Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 pm

» Ready, Set, Go!
by Dennis (BOS) Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

» HOUSTON ROCKETS TRADE BLOCK
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 am

» Mike D'antoni
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

» Magic Fire
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 am

» Chicago Bulls TB
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am

» Chicago Sign
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 am

» T.R. Dunn (10 characters)
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am

» Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 am

CSL Head to Head #1: Russell Westbrook vs. Derrick Rose

+5
Rizzo (NY)
Jestor (LAL)
emplep7 (DET)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Jake0890 (WAS)
9 posters

Go down

Who ya got?

CSL Head to Head #1: Russell Westbrook vs. Derrick Rose Vote_lcap75%CSL Head to Head #1: Russell Westbrook vs. Derrick Rose Vote_rcap 75% 
[ 6 ]
CSL Head to Head #1: Russell Westbrook vs. Derrick Rose Vote_lcap25%CSL Head to Head #1: Russell Westbrook vs. Derrick Rose Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 8

CSL Head to Head #1: Russell Westbrook vs. Derrick Rose Empty CSL Head to Head #1: Russell Westbrook vs. Derrick Rose

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:16 pm

Just for fun and for the sake of discussion, I wanted to start a player matchup article weekly pitting two very similar players against each other and letting the GMs decided who they'd rather have. This time we'll be comparing the "best point guard in the league" Russell Westbrook (as proclaimed by the Lakers GM) against the leader of the top team in the East, Derrick Rose.

Keep in mind, all of these stats are per game because Derrick Rose only averages a minute extra per game, so I just left the stats as is. Russell Westbrook is playing for the 9-3 Los Angeles Lakers who are looking to have a huge rebound this season after an atrocious 2013 campaign where they failed to even make the playoffs. Rose is also rejuvenating his team in Chicago, leading them to a league best winning percentage of 83% with the 10-2 Chicago Bulls. Last season, the Bulls finished 8th in the East and were swept by the Miami Heat without much resistance in the first round, partially due to not having a GM.

CSL Head to Head #1: Russell Westbrook vs. Derrick Rose YPIDU18

As I previously said, both Rose and Russell are at the elite level of point guards in the CSL, and they're shockingly similar players. Both 25 years old, both 6'3", Rose only 5 pounds heavier than Westbrook. Statistically, they're almost equals as well. Rose turns the ball over only .5 times more per game, Rose's PA/SF is only .1 point better, and Westbrook only averages .7 assists more per game.

Each player does have certain advantages, though. Wesbrook scores 2.9 points more per game while having 5 less touches per game. He turns the ball over .5 times less than DRose per game, while forcing 1.9 more turnovers per game. He shoots 10% better field goal percentage than Derrick, and posts a 28.4 PER while Rose has only a 20.9 PER. And best of all, he shuts down opposing point guards with a 98% stop percentage while Rose only stops 87% of drives.

Rose does perform better in some categories, though. He commits over a foul less per game than WB, shots 13% from 3 point range, blocks 1.7 shots per game while Westbrook doesn't block any shots at all. He's a better rebounder as well with an advantage of 1.3 in that category. He has a slightly better PA/SF as I previously mentioned with .8 for Rose vs .9 for Westbrook, though both are great.

So... who ya got?

I thought this was a cool idea, so I think I'll continue to do these weekly for awhile. If you have any suggestions for future matchups, let me know and they might be the next two players featured.
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

CSL Head to Head #1: Russell Westbrook vs. Derrick Rose Empty Re: CSL Head to Head #1: Russell Westbrook vs. Derrick Rose

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:42 pm

I'd have Rose cause I'm a Bulls fan and just love this kid. But both are doing great, no doubt.
Still, if I had the possibility to choose a PG for my team, and if I wasn't a Bulls fan, I'd go with CP3. Scores, assists, defends, shoots, there's nothing you can't ask him to do.
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

CSL Head to Head #1: Russell Westbrook vs. Derrick Rose Empty Re: CSL Head to Head #1: Russell Westbrook vs. Derrick Rose

Post by emplep7 (DET) Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:04 pm

I'm going RW here.  He's overshadowing Rose this season due to his insane shooting percentage and defense.  He's having a great year so far, but I wouldn't mind either player on my team.
emplep7 (DET)
emplep7 (DET)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jestor (LAL) Thu May 01, 2014 12:20 am

Westbrook. It's not even close IMO.
Jestor (LAL)
Jestor (LAL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizzo (NY) Thu May 01, 2014 12:33 am

Give me Wetsbrook every time over Rose. He's just doing more at a higher efficiency and is a much better defender minus the block numbers.
Rizzo (NY)
Rizzo (NY)

Back to top Go down

Post by blackice (TOR) Thu May 01, 2014 12:35 am

Westbrook for me as well, he is playing out of his mind right now on both ends of the floor.
blackice (TOR)
blackice (TOR)

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyJakkz (ORL) Thu May 01, 2014 12:50 am

I'd take Rose for the type of team I'd like to build around him although it'd be much easier for me personally to build around Westbrook as I'd simply model a team like the 76ers around that dude and put him at the SG spot and have low usage defensive minded players surrounding him with Roy Hibbert at C or I'd try to get Jrue Holiday and K Love to recreate that UCLA team.

Rose is the player though I'd have more fun building around cause it'd be a more original concept.
WillyJakkz (ORL)
WillyJakkz (ORL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Benripcity (MIA) Thu May 01, 2014 2:19 am

Both are great guards. Rose has been playing hurt and I cant wait till he is healthy again.
Benripcity (MIA)
Benripcity (MIA)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Thu May 01, 2014 5:44 am

Westbrook no doubt, best two way guard in the league.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down