CSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Forum.
by Stockton12 (UTA) Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 pm

» Ready, Set, Go!
by Dennis (BOS) Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

» HOUSTON ROCKETS TRADE BLOCK
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 am

» Mike D'antoni
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

» Magic Fire
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 am

» Chicago Bulls TB
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am

» Chicago Sign
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 am

» T.R. Dunn (10 characters)
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am

» Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 am

Magic set to Unleash Taj

5 posters

Go down

Magic set to Unleash Taj Empty Magic set to Unleash Taj

Post by Cyrisnyte (SAS) Fri May 02, 2014 2:56 pm

Magic set to Unleash Taj Madmax
Will Taj Gibson Unleash Fury in the Post?

The Magic made a move that drew much criticism in the last few days.  They basically agreed to take on the salary of Taj Gibson and help save the Bulls from financial hell.  Gibson is set to make $9,550,828 this season as well as $10,175,648 next year.  At 29 years of age, there is little doubt that the Magic are not looking at Gibson as a long term part of their plan.

It is well known that the Magic have one of the youngest group of starters in all of the CSL.  Players like Wiggins (19), Noel (20), Antetokounmpo (19) and Larkin (21) are still wet behind the ears as far as CSL experience goes.  So, why would Gibson be traded for?  Sure, the Magic landed 3 second round picks but is it worth it to add that kind of salary to a team that is still in a rebuild mode?

GM Cyrisnyte wrote:You know, sometimes you have to take a chance before you make a huge investment.  We looked at Taj on tape and what he can bring to a team and we really wanted to see how his game can pair with Noel.  We feel with Taj and Nerlens on the blocks, we can provide some great interior defense.  While Gibson is not an elite defender, he is above average for sure.  With Giannis and Andrew on the wings and Taj and Nerlens in the post, we feel we can play some great defense.  We are currently allowing 111.2 points per game and sit at 5-9.  So let's take a look at where we are at the 30 game mark.  This also gives us the chance now before the draft to see what direction we really want to go with the power forward position on our team.  I would rather spend the money now and test it out than invest a lottery type pick in someone to see it fail.

While the Magic feel they have a plan in place, there was some immediate outcry in the league about the trade by GM Cyrisnyte.

Magic giftwrapped the Bulls cap flexibility there. 3 second round picks for a $10 million contract next season is too cheap IMO.

Also, I feel that extra year on Taj is slowing ORL rebuilding project. They're headed to lottery even with Taj (in my opinion at least) and you're losing 10M in CAP space you could have used to sign someone better and rebuild faster..

Like the move to clear that much space. The Magic should have required a future 1st out of that deal.

In the end, it comes down to what the Magic gained in their eyes.  That is…the chance to see a player and take a glimpse into the possible future for them.
Cyrisnyte (SAS)
Cyrisnyte (SAS)

Back to top Go down

Magic set to Unleash Taj Empty Re: Magic set to Unleash Taj

Post by Rizzo (NY) Fri May 02, 2014 3:02 pm

I know some people would look at the situation and focus on you helping the Bulls get out of cap hell. As a GM, I like to focus on the positives for my team. If I make a trade, I am doing it to better my team and not worrying about the residual effect for the other team. In this case, you got by far the best player in the deal plus three picks. Nothing to complain about there.
Rizzo (NY)
Rizzo (NY)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Fri May 02, 2014 3:35 pm

I like the trade, however your pick is losing value now as you gonna win more games. Taj - Noel looks like a scary frontcourt. Was hoping to get a win against you, seems I have to get that dream out of my head.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri May 02, 2014 4:10 pm

I liked it when it was first posted and still do.

The look and philosophy you're going for is a tough interior defense in case guys somehow make it past your tough perimeter defense which is gonna be a task for teams to do in the first place not to mention I like what you're seeing from your team cause realistically you're 2 games back from the Heat and 1 from the Hornets in the loss column so it appears to me as this is making a statement that Orlando is for real, we may not win the division but we are gonna give teams hell really soon and I love it.

Sitting back waiting a year for the draft to improve your team isn't an option when you want to instill a winning culture around young studs like Wiggins Giannis and Nerlens and Taj will help do that so much respect to you.

Go Magic!
WillyJakkz (ORL)
WillyJakkz (ORL)

Back to top Go down

Post by andrei (MEM) Fri May 02, 2014 4:15 pm

I like the deal for ORL. Taj is a solid PF
andrei (MEM)
andrei (MEM)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content