CSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Forum.
by Stockton12 (UTA) Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 pm

» Ready, Set, Go!
by Dennis (BOS) Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

» HOUSTON ROCKETS TRADE BLOCK
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 am

» Mike D'antoni
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

» Magic Fire
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 am

» Chicago Bulls TB
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am

» Chicago Sign
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 am

» T.R. Dunn (10 characters)
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am

» Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 am

Another day, another trade..

5 posters

Go down

Another day, another trade.. Empty Another day, another trade..

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Sun May 11, 2014 10:39 pm

Another day, another trade.. Thunde10

ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER TRADE..

Another day, another trade.. 7805670
Big Al going up against D-12: a common scene at OKC practice facility from today.

When everyone (including GM Marcos) though there would be times of peace and stability on OKCs roster, then comes another bomb to the city.
Newly-discovered 2015 DAL 1st was quickly shipped along with former All-Star big man Paul Millsap and Shannon Brown to the Cavaliers in a 3-way deal involving also the Raptors. On the other hand, also former All-Star big man Al Jefferson and young gunner Reggie Bullock are joining OKC, in a move that sets their current rosters as "the most high caliber players I've ever seen in a Sim League." by legend Houston GM and former GM of the year Willy.
Still, he added some words that made OKC fans little bit worried:
WillyJakkz (HOU) wrote:Loads and loads of talent to try to figure out how to fully utilize them.

GM Marcos then said:
Marcos_Beck (OKC) wrote:I'm well aware of that issue. But my job is to bring OKC the most talented players I can. The rest, well, coach Jackson is a legend and will know how to proper utilize guys. He has to show the league he's worthy of his salary, after all, but we're not worried. We more than trust him to come up with big wins for OKC.

ODD MAN OUT?
With the arrivals of both Jefferson and Bullock, much has been said about a Derrick Williams trade.
Williams, former No. 2 pick who was brought into OKC with their Mini-MLE this summer, has had every possible opportunity to succeed, from being offered a starter position to being their 6th man off the bench. After a rough start of the season shooting below 20% FG, he has improved a lot and still is (his 43% 3pt mark shows that), but after bringing in Bullock and Jefferson, some feel Williams may not have any more minutes in OKC.
No comment was made about him, though, as Marcos refused to reply any questions about more trades, saying just that "players can't be traded right now, most of them. And we want to give this team stability going forward, because they're starting to develop chemistry".

Another day, another trade.. Derrick-williams
Is D-Will on the move? Too early to know as he can't be traded until Feb. 1st

We catch up with P-Jax after today's scrimmage to see what he thinks about newcomers and the fact they've yet to build a definite system, who may start and, finally, tomorrow's game against the (maybe) Harden-less Rockets.:
Phil Jackson wrote:Every team has to have a system to succeed. Even the Olympic Dream-Team in 92 had it's system. We're no different here in Oklahoma. We're playing much better basketball going 11-3 since the start of the season, and 2 of those losses came while we had key players out with injury. Still, we have lots to improve, though we're beginning to show flashes of hope to our fans. System is going to come along, we just need to see which system will benefit our players most. Howard and Jefferson, for example, those kind of guys, you can really build your offense through them. Kemba has been so unselfish and he has improved the quality of our play. George, we're working with him to do some more catch-and-shoot plays, as he's finding his touch from outside, shooting so well.
There's still a lot to come, but things are getting better.
Yes, we may start Bullock, or even Jefferson, Barea, all those guys who have been great for us off the bench. But Brewer, Smith, those guys have earned their way into our starting 5. Guys who are coming now are going to have to play well and work hard to find consistent minutes or even start. It's a question of merit. Whoever is ending games for us, they have earned that. They deserve it.
Well, tomorrow we face the Rockets in their arena. They're 9-1 at home. No clues about who's starting for them, but their team is not only Harden. Of course, he's been playing at such high level, MVP worthy, but they have lots of good players. They knocked us out last year at WCF, they have quality. If we're seeking revenge? No. We just want to go there and play basketball, no matter who's out there playing against us. I hope Harden plays, because in the end, I think the fans will be the greatest winners if he suits up for the game. But it will be a though game, Harden or no-Harden.
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Another day, another trade.. Empty Re: Another day, another trade..

Post by rh0xxy (MIN) Sun May 11, 2014 11:21 pm

OKC is on a trade spree! lol
rh0xxy (MIN)
rh0xxy (MIN)

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyJakkz (ORL) Mon May 12, 2014 2:16 am

Appreciate the kinds words man though I hardly consider myself a legend GM lol but man... you have got some serious talent on that team, that's for sure.

I'm not sure there's even gonna be a learning curve with those guys, if you can visualize how they play and what they're best at and put them in those positions oncourt then you should be even more successful.
WillyJakkz (ORL)
WillyJakkz (ORL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizzo (NY) Mon May 12, 2014 7:06 am

It's amazing that Derrick Williams couldn't even perform efficiently as a 5th man on the floor with some of the lineups you have rolled out there. Just wasn't meant to be I guess.
Rizzo (NY)
Rizzo (NY)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamal (CHA) Mon May 12, 2014 2:00 pm

Is big AL going to play PF next to Dwight? Or what's he's new role with the team?
Just curious about it  Rolling Eyes 
Jamal (CHA)
Jamal (CHA)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Mon May 12, 2014 2:33 pm

He's going to back up Howard and Smith, which means he's going to play some PF next to Dwight... Maybe it can work since Al-Bogut worked pretty well for TOR.
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamal (CHA) Mon May 12, 2014 2:36 pm

Marcos_Beck (OKC) wrote:He's going to back up Howard and Smith, which means he's going to play some PF next to Dwight... Maybe it can work since Al-Bogut worked pretty well for TOR.

Ok, thanks! Was just curious about the plan. Didn't now if it was Smith the one heading to bench or what.
Jamal (CHA)
Jamal (CHA)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down