CSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Forum.
by Stockton12 (UTA) Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 pm

» Ready, Set, Go!
by Dennis (BOS) Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

» HOUSTON ROCKETS TRADE BLOCK
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 am

» Mike D'antoni
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

» Magic Fire
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 am

» Chicago Bulls TB
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am

» Chicago Sign
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 am

» T.R. Dunn (10 characters)
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am

» Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 am

CSL Tonite! Can they Fly?

+6
RobIII(GSW)
Jake0890 (WAS)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
Sun Scorched (NOP)
Dennis (BOS)
10 posters

Go down

CSL Tonite! Can they Fly? Empty CSL Tonite! Can they Fly?

Post by Dennis (BOS) Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:42 am

*March Madness right ahead! So lets get up the draft related articles. As Jamal and I are writing our NLL one actually I decided to get my CSL one up too. Its maybe a bit early, but hey, better too early than too late. Sorry for often using players of my team as comparisons. I know they arent developed yet, but I believe the comparisons fit.
@Myles, I hope I didnt reveal anything not allowed. If yes please tell me so I could change it. Thanks captain Smile.

Can those Wings fly or not?

Today we gonne talk about the Wings Part 1! Prospects featured in this article will be Dante Exum, Zach LaVine, Elias Harris, Nik Stauskas and Jerami Grant. I will put up a second version for Wings that could be considered being a steal. But man, it takes a lot time, so only the first five prospects.

CSL Tonite! Can they Fly? Exum3
Dante Exum, SG, 18 - 6'6" - 188lbs
Big Board Movement: 5., 3., 4.
Prediction: Top 5 Pick
CSL Insight Comparison: Dwayne Wade
MSN-BC Comparison: Tracy McGrady
CSL Tonite! Comparison: Rasheed Sulaimon feat Gordon Hayward
CSL Tonite! Scouting Report:
Dante seems to become a really great two-way shooting/combo guard. Like Rasheed Sulaimon he will become a great secondary playmaker as soon as he's developed. Ive to say his playmaking ability reminds me of Manu Ginobili. Exum is a really intelligent player and will always be able to find the open man. Still he wont be able to play the point. What our scouting department doesnt like is his shot. If you are planing to build a team following the Jamal-rule (2 shooters, 1 driver) be sure you need a PG and SF able to hit threes as Exum wont hit any. On the other side he will be a really good slaher, though his size will make it tough for him to get past smaller shooting guards with quick feets. I would compare his shooting ability with Gordon Hayward. Another point Gordon and Dante are similiar: Both are extraordinary defenders!
Predicted Statline: 16 points, 5 Assists, 4.5 Rebounds, 1.5 Steals (per36 as soon as developed)
Strenghts: playmaking, intelligent player, good defender
Weaknesses: foultrouble, forces bad shots, no range

CSL Tonite! Can they Fly? Hs-grant-325x325
Jerami Grant, SF, 20 - 6'8" - 210lbs
Big Board Movement: 4., 4., 5.
Prediction: Close to the Top 5, ~ Pick 7
CSL Insight Comparison: Josh Smith
MSN-BC Comparison: Shawn Marion
CSL Tonite! Comparison: Derrick Williams
Jerami looks like a lock down defender. A guy able to shut down all those scoring small forwards out there. He wont get into any foultrouble and will force turnovers at a great clip. On top he will be a extraordinary rebounder for a wing player. On the other side he isnt able to hit any threes or jumpers and could become a very inefficient scorer. But thats something that could be changed with instructions as his moves inside already look really promising. Overall he reminds me of former second overall pick Derrick Williams. Will he end up being another bust?
Predicted Statline: 14 Points, 8 Rebounds, 1.2 Steals, 1.2 Blocks (per36 as soon as developed)
Strenghts: post moves, defense, rebounding
Weaknesses: shot, efficiency, potential to become a bust, raw

CSL Tonite! Can they Fly? Ncb_g_nik-stauskas_mb_600x600
Nik Stauskas, SF, 20 - 6'6" - 205lbs
Big Board Movement: 18., 12., 9.
Prediction: Top 5 Pick
CSL Insight Comparison: Chandler Parsons, Danilo Gallinari
MSN-BC Comparison: JJ Redick
CSL Tonite! Comparison: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
This guy looks great! Do you guys remember OPs luv for Dennis Schröder in the first CSL draft? Im feeling the same about Nik Stauskas! I wouldnt mind to trade in to nab him. You are interested in Bazz Muhammad/Jahi Carson? No problem, just call Boston! This guy is intelligent, wont force bad shots and is a lights out shooter. His handling is absolutely ok for a SF and he will be able to score at a decent level. However rumours are saying he isnt a great passer, wont be able to force turnovers and his defense is far away from being elite. Overall he looks like KCP with maybe slightly better shooting but worse defense. Still he's far away from being another Chandler Parsons. He will be a stellar roleplayer as soon as developed.
Predicted Statline: 14 Points, 1.5 Assists, 2 Rebounds, >40% from 3pt (per36 as soon as developed)
Strenghts: 3pt shot, intelligent player, wont force bad shots, takes care of the ball
Weaknesses: defense, rebounding, wont force many turnover

CSL Tonite! Can they Fly? Hs-lavine-325x325
Zach LaVine, PG, 18 - 6'5" - 185lbs
Big Board Movement: 16., 13., 12.
Prediction: Lottery Pick
CSL Insight Comparison: Steve Kerr, From Russel Everythingbrooken to Jimmer Fridette
MSN-BC Comparison: lite version of Kyrie Irving
CSL Tonite! Comparison: CJ McCollum
His combination of scoring inside and from behind the arc is unique and the only reason why he should be considered by teams owning a lottery pick. He wont be able to run the point (thanks god he's 6'5") as he even cant get the easy passes done. Also rumours are saying his teammates are making jokes about his bad college grades. So dont expect him to be your high intelligent pass first point guard. He's more a 6th man scoring guard coming off the bench. A energizer who could take care of opponents bench players. He wont fill the statsline but no matter who will defend him, the defender will be in trouble all the time due to Zachs versatility. He can beat you off the dribble or will take the jumper/three after one of his lethal crossovers. Used in the right situations he could be the x factor to get the win.
Predicted Statline: 18 Points, 2 Assists, 2.5 Rebounds, high FG% (per36 as soon as developed)
Strenghts: FG%, energizer off the bench
Weaknesses: not able to run the point, not very smart, foultrouble from time to time, raw, bust potential

CSL Tonite! Can they Fly? Elias-harris-steht-jetzt-bei-den-los-angeles-lakers-unter-vertrag-
Elias Harris, SF, 24 - 6'7" - 220lbs
Big Board Movement: 9., 14., 16.
Prediction: late tens
CSL Insight Comparison: Andrei Kirilenko
MSN-BC Comparison: -
CSL Tonite! Comparison: Matt Barnes
Ive one problem with Elias. His age. He will be 24 when he joins the league and has only a really few years left to develope. It really depends on his intangibles if he will be worth it to be drafted high. If his workethic is great I could see him get drafted in the late tens. Harris will be a great defender and an awesome rebounder for a wing. He is pretty much another version of Grant, though not on his level. Elias post moves are outstanding but his shot looks pretty ugly which could translate into bad efficiency.
Predicted Statline: 10 Points, 6.5 Rebounds, 1 Block, 1 Steal (per36 as soon as developed)
Strenghts: disciplined defender, finishing around the rim, rebounding
Weaknesses: no range, old

Last edited by Dennis (BOS) on Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:13 pm; edited 3 times in total
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

CSL Tonite! Can they Fly? Empty Re: CSL Tonite! Can they Fly?

Post by Sun Scorched (NOP) Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:18 am

This is awesome dennis!

Exum will for sure go top five, but I agree, his lack of an outside shot limits him.

Grant I can't figure out. Seems like the classic tweener, so your Derrick Williams comparison seems apt. He needs to be a power forward, in my opinion, but how will that work? Years of weight gain (he's only 210 lbs.) and even then he's only 6'8".

Stauskas is awesome and I was originally very high on him, but the more I see, the more I think his major ability (shooting) is replicable via free agency (look at what Andrei has done) pretty easily. I think the point of the draft should be to lock up unique talent that is harder to find via trades/free agency. Stauskas doesn't really fit that bill for me. I don't like that he doesn't create turnovers and he won't really look to score. I think Nik will be a late lottery pick.

LaVine has me confused. I'm not going to call him Shabazz (yet), but I'm worried about his ability to handle the ball. I worry that not only will he be turnover prone, but that he won't force many turnovers which makes him a net negative in that regard. Again, you like the shooting ability, but I think you can find that in free agency.

***As a general note, a lot of these rookies lately have terrible shots. I think veterans will get more looks for their shooting ability,***

I think Harris will be the perfect late round pick up for contending teams. He'll slot in Day 1 as a productive wing, and you'll have him on a 4-year rookie scale contract - also great for cash-strapped teams.
Sun Scorched (NOP)
Sun Scorched (NOP)

Back to top Go down

Post by bestnamezRtaken (POR) Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:27 am

I like the multiple player comparisons Dennis. Very nice.

Someone should trade me Exum. Smile
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:31 am

Heck, Nik is everything my team needs. Great shooter with acceptable handles and won't look for his shot that much. I already have George to lock people down defensively so I can afford Nik being average defensively and not forcing TO's because he's disciplined and has nice IQ, so he'd not foul or gamble too much defensively. I can hide him pretty easily on defense.. The problem is acquiring a pick which allows me to get him. Even more because it's a weak draft, and I don't want to part ways with any real good asset to gamble on having the chance of selecting Nick.
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:32 am

Sun Scorched (CHA) wrote:This is awesome dennis!

Exum will for sure go top five, but I agree, his lack of an outside shot limits him.

Grant I can't figure out.  Seems like the classic tweener, so your Derrick Williams comparison seems apt.  He needs to be a power forward, in my opinion, but how will that work?  Years of weight gain (he's only 210 lbs.) and even then he's only 6'8".

Stauskas is awesome and I was originally very high on him, but the more I see, the more I think his major ability (shooting) is replicable via free agency (look at what Andrei has done) pretty easily.  I think the point of the draft should be to lock up unique talent that is harder to find via trades/free agency.  Stauskas doesn't really fit that bill for me.  I don't like that he doesn't create turnovers and he won't really look to score.  I think Nik will be a late lottery pick.

LaVine has me confused.  I'm not going to call him Shabazz (yet), but I'm worried about his ability to handle the ball.  I worry that not only will he be turnover prone, but that he won't force many turnovers which makes him a net negative in that regard.  Again, you like the shooting ability, but I think you can find that in free agency.

***As a general note, a lot of these rookies lately have terrible shots.  I think veterans will get more looks for their shooting ability,***

I think Harris will be the perfect late round pick up for contending teams.  He'll slot in Day 1 as a productive wing, and you'll have him on a 4-year rookie scale contract - also great for cash-strapped teams.

Thanks man, pretty much inpsired by your articles. You took scouting articles to the next level with your articles (not meant to be disrespectful for Myles or OP). Myles is doing what has to be done to get an overview for the class and you are adding very thought-out articles to give a deeper insight into the class. Love it.

About your thoughts..

No doubt, Stauskas should be picked ~10-12 like KCP was picked two years ago, but I love guys able to shoot paired with good IQ/DI. On top I didnt scout PGs or Cs as I dont need one. So there are maybe some guys that should be drafted in front of him. Also, like you said, the rooks will need a lot time to put up FG% numbers like veterans, so the stocks of shooters could fall as they as their shooting is easy replaced via FA.

For Grant Im really shocked how well my Derick Williams comparison fits, lol. Looking at my reports he could end up being really like him..

And LaVine is looking weired, no doubt, I believe Myles was trying to create something new Very Happy.

About Bazz he's averaging only 1,9 TOs, 1,8PFs per36. Dont know why, but he is doing great so far.

Last edited by Dennis (BOS) on Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:53 am; edited 3 times in total
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:43 am

Jerami Grant = Derrick Williams? And around the 5th pick? I'm staying far away from that.
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:58 am

bestnamezRtaken (DAL) wrote:I like the multiple player comparisons Dennis. Very nice.

Someone should trade me Exum. Smile

Exum with a shot and I would kill myself because I dont own my pick.. But the way he looks at my scouting reports he looks like someone I would draft without hesitation but dont necessarily want on my team.

Jake0890 (MIN) wrote:Jerami Grant = Derrick Williams? And around the 5th pick? I'm staying far away from that.

Only looking at my scouting reports. But I believe the comparison fits.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by RobIII(GSW) Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:27 pm

Great article! Exum will go before Grant. I am really intrigued by LaVine. He could be a great sixth man or be a bust. Nik will be a solid player in the league. I hope he falls to me. And Harris seems like a great pick in the 20s. Solid role player that can contribute immediately.
RobIII(GSW)
RobIII(GSW)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jestor (LAL) Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:57 pm

If I didn't have Marshall's lack of D, Staukas would be my pick with the Spurs selection. (assuming no lottery luck that is)
Jestor (LAL)
Jestor (LAL)

Back to top Go down

Post by GreenBear (PHX) Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:35 pm

Well done, Dennis! With probably 3 1st rounders this year, and not much in the scouting department yet, I'd be in trouble if it weren't for great articles like this. Much appreciated!
GreenBear (PHX)
GreenBear (PHX)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizzo (NY) Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:26 am

Wow, some great stuff here Dennis! Although it's a great article, we don't look to have many great prospects at the top of the draft board.
Rizzo (NY)
Rizzo (NY)

Back to top Go down

Post by andrei (MEM) Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:18 am

Great article - I'm hoping to end up with the last pick in the first round so will take a good look at some of these projected late picks. Certainly don't want to commit to a deal with a player that cannot contribute some good minutes off the bench straight away
andrei (MEM)
andrei (MEM)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down