CSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Forum.
by Stockton12 (UTA) Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 pm

» Ready, Set, Go!
by Dennis (BOS) Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

» HOUSTON ROCKETS TRADE BLOCK
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 am

» Mike D'antoni
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

» Magic Fire
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 am

» Chicago Bulls TB
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am

» Chicago Sign
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 am

» T.R. Dunn (10 characters)
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am

» Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 am

New Budget/Coaching System

+15
StOfTheStep (PHI)
Rizzo (NY)
andrei (MEM)
goikiri (IND)
WillyJakkz (ORL)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
bt (SAC)
emplep7 (DET)
Stockton12 (UTA)
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
GreenBear (PHX)
Dennis (BOS)
RobIII(GSW)
Myles (SAS)
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Are you in favor of the new budget/coaching system?

New Budget/Coaching System - Page 2 Vote_lcap83%New Budget/Coaching System - Page 2 Vote_rcap 83% 
[ 15 ]
New Budget/Coaching System - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%New Budget/Coaching System - Page 2 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 18

New Budget/Coaching System - Page 2 Empty Re: New Budget/Coaching System

Post by bt (SAC) Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:58 am

Yeah, a lot do but a lot don't also.

If it's tied into scouting I guess it can work a little but given the landscape of coaches, it probably shouldn't have a huge impact otherwise you're just allowing top coaches, who most likely coach top teams, a scouting advantage which probably isn't right.
bt (SAC)
bt (SAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by bestnamezRtaken (POR) Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:11 am

I'd be okay with this. If we switch to Invisionfree, I believe there is a mod that you can install onto the board that would give you "money" or "points" or whatever you want to call it, just for posting. You can have it go up by any number you like. 1, 5, 7, 10, 13, etc etc. I believe you'd also be able to edit the money through the admin PC.
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)

Back to top Go down

Post by Myles (SAS) Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:49 am

bt (TOR) wrote:Yeah, a lot do but a lot don't also.

If it's tied into scouting I guess it can work a little but given the landscape of coaches, it probably shouldn't have a huge impact otherwise you're just allowing top coaches, who most likely coach top teams, a scouting advantage which probably isn't right.

You'll see how the coaches will be integrated. I think it'll be fair all around.
Myles (SAS)
Myles (SAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyJakkz (ORL) Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:00 am

Was just gonna suggest that but it's been mentioned already.

Coaches should definitely have a set strategy or what's the use of having them so in effect why even spend loads of cash on Coach Pops if you're not running a ball movement or dribble drive type offense (ball movement likely best resembles the Spurs) and can just switch to iso or a type of offensive set that certain coaches don't run.

That's not the style of play he advocates but I could also see an issue trying to figure the many different strategic styles of all hireable coaches but that is a direction I would love to see the League go as it's just as important as the actual roster of players you have on the team and if the team fails then hiring/ firing a coach becomes more important to said franchise which in effect means the coaching budget is meaningful.

I also remember a while ago asking if the (mainly younger/ inexperienced) coaches grades improve with team success as I was under the impression the grades actual were meaningful but they don't which is another aspect to look at simply because the grades mean nothing truly if the coach has no bearing on strategy.

Those were just some things that seemed like no brainers imo but that's not what the software is about unfortunately.

That said I like the variable budget moreso than fixed but apparently they are both being utilized so I'm for it, anything to attempt to make the L more successful, fun, and more importantly realistic.
WillyJakkz (ORL)
WillyJakkz (ORL)

Back to top Go down

Post by bt (SAC) Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:26 am

Myles (SAS) wrote:

You'll see how the coaches will be integrated. I think it'll be fair all around.

Sweet, sounds good.
bt (SAC)
bt (SAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by goikiri (IND) Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:34 am

I've voted YES. Good ideas guys.
goikiri (IND)
goikiri (IND)

Back to top Go down

Post by andrei (MEM) Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:00 am

YES for me

Great ideas - love the coaching piece
andrei (MEM)
andrei (MEM)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizzo (NY) Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:25 am

Love this idea. Can't wait for the restart!
Rizzo (NY)
Rizzo (NY)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:28 am

Myles (SAS) wrote:

Good point by bt. Thrilled to see how scouting will work.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by StOfTheStep (PHI) Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:58 am

This sounds like a great idea. This opens up a new level in realism making the coaching/scouting system more performanced based, which is should be. I especially like the variable budget based on activity.

Good work, guys!
StOfTheStep (PHI)
StOfTheStep (PHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:22 am

But if we do it, what about more var. Budget for guys that were pretty active to honor their activity even without such a money system ^^?

For every League article +x at the Start, for example ;P.. So all the time Ive put in articles wouldnt be wasted time.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:42 am

If we are restarting, you shouldn't get credit for what you did in the past. Its a new league and a new system, everyone needs to have a clean slate. Your reward for those articles was scouting points.
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:52 am

Jake0890 (MIN) wrote:If we are restarting, you shouldn't get credit for what you did in the past. Its a new league and a new system, everyone needs to have a clean slate. Your reward for those articles was scouting points.

Yeah, was aiming for this answer. Thanks Jake. i will SPAM 3-4 articles the week I believe. Wont care about quality anymore. Just nabbing money. As quantity > quality with the new system. Nobody could really rate an article (and if articles getting graded there will be disappointed guys pretty fast) so more articles will be better then really good ones. As long as its insider quality, its fine. Wont do things like I did for CSL tonite.
Another point why I like the old system more. There was quality > quantity, because you had to write 3 Insiders, and if you did write one, you tried to put together something Special. (At least I tried, trade rumours, Minnesota NY comparison, trade Analysis, tkap case etc)
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by LakeshowAK7 (OKC) Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:59 am

I don't see why you just can't produce quality articles anyways. Dennis, you usually always produce quality, why change it now? I'm sure your article quality won't go unnoticed.
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)

Back to top Go down

Post by andrei (MEM) Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:02 am

Dennis (BOS) wrote:But if we do it, what about more var. Budget for guys that were pretty active to honor their activity even without such a money system ^^?

For every League article +x at the Start, for example ;P.. So all the time Ive put in articles wouldnt be wasted time.

How about Dennis we promote you from a lowly GM to President of Basketball Operations  Very Happy 

I think FBB has a whole list of roles that players can take on and we could have promotions based on the number of messages etc.

100+ = GM
1000+= Vice President for something
3000+= President
5000+=CEO

Doesn't mean much but would be cool to identify active, long tenured people from newer guys
andrei (MEM)
andrei (MEM)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:02 am

Not talking only about articles I wrote. Especially Tims articles are the best Ive ever seen.
I believe I wont care about writing something Special. My Focus would be on getting as much money as possible, not on being entertaining or put up quality articles. Whatever, just my opinion.

Haha Andrei, not sure if you are joking about my opinion Very Happy.. Didnt really want to get extra Money or whatever. Just wanted to get a way to explain my thoughts. Still. You could put together quality articles. But the articles I wrote took ~3-7 hours. For example the Minnesota/NY comparison needed 6 hours (!). So why would I write one like this again if I could SPAM 4 low quality ones in the same time to get more money?
Thats my only Problem, and I believe that should be solved.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by bt (SAC) Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:07 am

Can't say I'm overly keen on putting value on media articles. I know you write more articles than someone like me Dennis but I can guarantee you it takes me a lot more time putting out one BT rankings than it would to write 20+ articles. Working out strength of schedule alone takes a ton of time.

I'm not saying that means anything because value wise, 20+ articles is probably what the league wants more. More gifted writers can probably pump something out quickly and of higher quality all the time where as others (even non-english) it takes more time and they will be of lesser quality.

Last edited by bt (TOR) on Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:10 am; edited 4 times in total
bt (SAC)
bt (SAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by andrei (MEM) Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:07 am

Is there a way for you to rate articles on these forums? Higher rated articles produce more cash...

But I also think that long tenured GMs with shit lots of messages should be recognised somehow...
andrei (MEM)
andrei (MEM)

Back to top Go down

Post by bt (SAC) Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:11 am

Could promote spam though but if you have good core GM's, you think you could trust them not to spam.
bt (SAC)
bt (SAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:12 am

Didnt want to compare my articles to anyone others! Maybe I should just have taken your Rankings as example. 100% sure they need the same time like the stuff I did. Doesnt want to showcase me or my articles. Just want to Show I wouldnt put in many time in quality articles if I could earn more with spamming articles  since grading articles is impossible. You could say: Dennis you have so much fun writing about the League.. Why wouldnt you keep doing it?

But if I take over a rebuilding team I believe I prefer the Money. Didnt want to downgrade others articles or whatever. Just wanted to give my 2 Cents, maybe didnt do it the best way. I know my english isnt the best. Sometimes Im just missing words really needed.

Overall i wanted to say: system could increase activity but hurt quality, nothing more.

Last edited by Dennis (BOS) on Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by bt (SAC) Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:16 am

I might have come across incorrect there. I pretty much meant your 20+ articles are more valuable than say a single rankings so it's really not worth doing something like that. Better to just pump stuff out and you'll find not many will spend time writing something in depth.

I personally don't think you need a system. Have great systems in place, it creates a great league and great activity is usually the by-product.
bt (SAC)
bt (SAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:18 am

Simple put, along Wiretap and Insider, create another category for articles: League Articles.

Those would be rewarded more money!
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:20 am

There are already League articles. Wouldnt change something. I could put together a low quality League article in 20 minutes or a Real quality one in 7 hours. Just to fulfill the requirements 20 minutes are needed. To write something Special, much more.
Whatever! I believe its a good idea to get more activity. But like everybody did I wanted to tell my concerns. Obviously whatever is better for the league.

Last edited by Dennis (BOS) on Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jestor (LAL) Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:27 am

Nope.

This is needlessly complicating things, especially with fixed and variable budgets. And it's one of those things that sounds great in theory, but in practice becomes yet another set of things to keep track of, and some people have a hard enough time keeping track of their salary cap situation from year to year - having this on top of it only adds to that money juggling issue.

Jestor (LAL)
Jestor (LAL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:30 am

Jestor (PHX) wrote:Nope.

This is needlessly complicating things, especially with fixed and variable budgets.  And it's one of those things that sounds great in theory, but in practice becomes yet another set of things to keep track of, and some people have a hard enough time keeping track of their salary cap situation from year to year - having this on top of it only adds to that money juggling issue.

Sometimes I wish I could write down my concerns/opinion as simple and plain like Tim does. Would make my Life so much easier. lol. Could we change to German? Haha.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next