CSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Forum.
by Stockton12 (UTA) Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 pm

» Ready, Set, Go!
by Dennis (BOS) Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

» HOUSTON ROCKETS TRADE BLOCK
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 am

» Mike D'antoni
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

» Magic Fire
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 am

» Chicago Bulls TB
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am

» Chicago Sign
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 am

» T.R. Dunn (10 characters)
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am

» Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 am

Trade Chatter

+28
Benripcity (MIA)
rh0xxy (MIN)
BizGilwalker (HOU)
SterlingCooperDraperPryce
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Querejeta (WAS)
Higrade (LAC)
dapralbe (ATL)
Jamal (CHA)
Jestor (LAL)
Dennis (BOS)
bt (SAC)
jinx
andrei (MEM)
Kgdobby
Myles (SAS)
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)
Cyrisnyte (SAS)
Rizzo (NY)
emplep7 (DET)
Sun Scorched (NOP)
blackice (TOR)
Jake0890 (WAS)
orangeparka (MIA)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
Riot (MKE)
WillyJakkz (ORL)
Dylan (BKN)
32 posters

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

Trade Chatter - Page 22 Empty Re: Trade Chatter

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Sun May 11, 2014 3:03 pm

Jestor, you're a very intelligent GM, for sure you are great at managing a team.. Don't take this personal as I have nothing against you, and you are teaching me a lot of PB3 with your tips.. But..
Man, that's one of the worst trades I've ever seen. I mean, you feel you can compete with Sullinger and Bennett starting? You 2 nice players (Porter / McGary) and an average PG now. But you're passing the chance of having a franchise player instead of that Average PG (great floor general but he is sub a liability scoring / defending, cannot even create steals like Rubio..)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jestor (LAL) Sun May 11, 2014 3:11 pm

Marcos_Beck (OKC) wrote:PHO giving up on their pick and a chance at Embiid / Exum to pick up two average players and a late 1st? Really? Really?

A few points:

1. Marshall isn't average.  He has elite floor general skills (92/80/87) and is a good enough shooter and underrated defender.  The number of point guards in this league who fit that description are very few, and my system is built around a point guard with precisely that type of elite skillset.

2. You're overrating Embiid and Exum, particularly Exum. I frankly don't see either one as franchise players, and even if they are, it's going to take so long to get there, we'd be wasting a lot of quality years from Porter and McGary.

3. There's a dramatic shift in lineup and strategy coming as a result of this move.  Are we going to make the playoffs?  No, probably not.  Are we going to shoot past a lot of bad teams in this league and keep the pick safely out of the top players in this draft range?  I'm fairly confident we will.
Jestor (LAL)
Jestor (LAL)

Back to top Go down

Post by blackice (TOR) Sun May 11, 2014 3:14 pm

I'm not going to question Jestor, I'm afraid he'd make me look foolish later on but SS got a great deal here. He can up Session's minutes and run MKG at backup for a bit and he has enough depth up front to survive the loss of Sullinger. CHI pick will be very late.

In return he basically just got a top 5 pick which he can package with salary for a veteran star or hold on to and add a young stud to his roster.

Jestor must hate this draft and be very high on the attributes that Marshall brings to the table.

Cool trade.
blackice (TOR)
blackice (TOR)

Back to top Go down

Post by LakeshowAK7 (OKC) Sun May 11, 2014 3:31 pm

From a value standpoint this is god awful for Phoenix. But that doesn't always make a trade what it is. Phoenix gets their PG who fits their system like a glove and for Jestor's system that may vault them into the playoffs sooner than a top 5 pick would. So I guess I see it both ways.
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamal (CHA) Sun May 11, 2014 4:15 pm

I like this trade for both, but specially for the Suns.
The PHO 1st is the key to the trade, and I think Phoenix just made a quality jump by acquiring Marshall and also Sullinger.
A PG like Kendall can completely turn a team under Jestorball. It won't be easy to win in Phoenix from now on...
Jamal (CHA)
Jamal (CHA)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Sun May 11, 2014 4:32 pm

Wow, Charlotte has completely thrown in the towel for this season already. Didn't expect that.
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Higrade (LAC) Sun May 11, 2014 5:13 pm

Really odd trade I think...especially with no protection on the Phoenix pick. I mean, a 3-21 start then dealing your draft pick is a really odd move, especially by you Jestor. I'd think it was more reasonable if you were getting a dominant player in return, but you just add depth with Sully & Marshall. Even then, not near enough to turn the season around. That pick was and still is a 100% guaranteed Top 5 lottery pick. There's 12 teams minimum in the West that are head and shoulders above this new Suns team. I just really don't get it, but you tend to know what you're doing. There is a 0% chance this team can even compete for a playoff spot, let alone win many more games so I don't see the logic at all here unless you just got bored ?

Anyway....Hornets should be pretty nice next season.
Higrade (LAC)
Higrade (LAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by dapralbe (ATL) Sun May 11, 2014 6:06 pm

Both win in this trade, marshall by ratings except defense is one of the best pg of the league and sullinger have a good shoot and potential, both are perfect in jestorball.. Ss have a good pick next year a d i  my opinion with high pace goran dragic and session can be play good level. i know they haven't hdl  but is not important with high pace.

Goran dragic
Azubuike
MG
varejao with instructions can be better
Stoudamire with 80 dfauls instruction more drives can be good

Bench
Sessions
Affalo
Jefferson
Jordan hill
Cotto iverson

11 price

I believe that need other player

I think this a good team.
dapralbe (ATL)
dapralbe (ATL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizzo (NY) Sun May 11, 2014 6:24 pm

I can see why both teams pulled the trigger on this trade and know both GMs are happy to make this happen.
Rizzo (NY)
Rizzo (NY)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Sun May 11, 2014 6:29 pm

Jestor (PHX) wrote:
Marcos_Beck (OKC) wrote:PHO giving up on their pick and a chance at Embiid / Exum to pick up two average players and a late 1st? Really? Really?

A few points:

1. Marshall isn't average.  He has elite floor general skills (92/80/87) and is a good enough shooter and underrated defender.  The number of point guards in this league who fit that description are very few, and my system is built around a point guard with precisely that type of elite skillset.

2. You're overrating Embiid and Exum, particularly Exum.  I frankly don't see either one as franchise players, and even if they are, it's going to take so long to get there, we'd be wasting a lot of quality years from Porter and McGary.

3. There's a dramatic shift in lineup and strategy coming as a result of this move.  Are we going to make the playoffs?  No, probably not.  Are we going to shoot past a lot of bad teams in this league and keep the pick safely out of the top players in this draft range?  I'm fairly confident we will.

I prefer not to question you as most of the guys said. You have a great system and know how to succeed. But I just think you're giving up too much talent here IMO.
And Marshall has potential to be elite as a floor general. At least in my game he has PAS in low 80s and HDL in low 70s. And he can be as good as he is at sharing the ball, he still leaves A LOT defensively and cannot score consistently. Not saying he's a bad player, I went after him, but I see him as a decent backup PG, I would not start him in a league of Lillards and Westbrooks. Too much great offensive PGs to give Kendall lots of trouble.
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jestor (LAL) Sun May 11, 2014 6:35 pm

Actually the HTML has the correct current rating, so Marshall has 92 passing, 80 handling, 87 IQ and 87 discipline, which is elite floor general status, period. I don't need him to score a ton with Porter and McGary, and we'll see if AB15 can rebound. His defense is also underrated - 0.8 PA/SF and 60 steal rating. His bigger size also helps, too. I'm not saying he's a good or even great defender - just that he isn't as terrible as some make him out to be.
Jestor (LAL)
Jestor (LAL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Sun May 11, 2014 6:58 pm

You're always teaching with your explanations, I'm really thankful as I can now say most of what I know about PB3 is mainly because of you and Jamal explanations.
Really nice to know HTML shows us the real values Smile
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jestor (LAL) Mon May 12, 2014 12:19 am

Wow. There goes the valuation of my Spurs' pick. Oh well. San Antonio made out like crazy here. I've really cooled off on Lawson after having him in NAH, and don't trust him to be a championship-winning PG. We inquired about MCW but the Kings ignored it because they had this other trade going on, apparently. Personally, I trust MCW to become a better shooter than Lawson in time and his size and skillset is absolutely freaking drool-worthy.

And to get a sharpshooter in Rivers and a strong two-way forward (albeit an admittedly overpaid one) in Davis and a potential early first on top of it? That's just pure, sweet goodness.

I think Sacramento regrets this trade a couple years down the line. I'm betting they figure out the same thing Myles and I did about Lawson, and as much as I love Kawhi myself, he's not enough to prevent this deal from being one of many major overpays we've seen in this league so far from a value standpoint (and yes, that includes my own first trade today). We'll see, though.
Jestor (LAL)
Jestor (LAL)

Back to top Go down

Post by rh0xxy (MIN) Mon May 12, 2014 12:26 am

WTF is going on? A trade surge lol
rh0xxy (MIN)
rh0xxy (MIN)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan (BKN) Mon May 12, 2014 12:27 am

Jestor (PHX) wrote:We inquired about MCW but the Kings ignored it because they had this other trade going on, apparently.

Just want to clarify I was away for the weekend with barely any internet access. So I had saw the message but never responded because when I got home, this deal was ready to be done. Didn't intend to ignore.
Dylan (BKN)
Dylan (BKN)
Admin

https://csleague.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Mon May 12, 2014 12:27 am

Wow lots of trades today.
I like SAS - SAC trade more for the Kings because Lawson and Kawhi can contribute now and both SAS and SAC do not have their picks. Still, SAC has a very weak front court now. Willing to see if they can succeed with Tyreke and Lawson together, and no real quality big mans. They'll miss Davis' rebounding for sure.

BRO - ATL trade.. Well, I understand that move by the Hawks, but Gay is not the best player to pair alongside Barnes. At least my opinion. And they gave up a lot of bench in OK4 / Robinson to make this trade work. I though they had depth / talent to win it all, but they're making lots of moves.. Just like me Very Happy
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by Higrade (LAC) Mon May 12, 2014 12:59 am

I guess I started the trend with my big one yesterday holy shit so many damn moves.

I actually like this trade for the Nets somewhat. Opens up more shots for Curry and should be interesting how the rest of the guys do with increased minutes.
Higrade (LAC)
Higrade (LAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by blackice (TOR) Mon May 12, 2014 2:58 am

Marcos_Beck (OKC) wrote:Wow lots of trades today.
I like SAS - SAC trade more for the Kings because Lawson and Kawhi can contribute now and both SAS and SAC do not have their picks. Still, SAC has a very weak front court now. Willing to see if they can succeed with Tyreke and Lawson together, and no real quality big mans. They'll miss Davis' rebounding for sure.

BRO - ATL trade.. Well, I understand that move by the Hawks, but Gay is not the best player to pair alongside Barnes. At least my opinion. And they gave up a lot of bench in OK4 / Robinson to make this trade work. I though they had depth / talent to win it all, but they're making lots of moves.. Just like me Very Happy

Not sure about talent but Gay is taking Stuckey and Robinsons minutes as well as Thabo's who is starting at SG now. With a bench of Lowry/Gay with Cousins splitting time at backup C I don't think our depth took a hit. We have Marshon Brooks, Sasha Pavlovic and Josh Harrellson are 3rd stringers as well. Hibbert/Thabo aren't scorers and with Gay leading the 2nd unit there shouldn't be usage% issues but time will tell. Also got a future 1st. 

BKN got a starting C and SG and both are good defensively. Adding adding depth with Robinson/Stuckey should bolster their bench. Curry has more pieces to work with and the offense can run through him. Win win.
blackice (TOR)
blackice (TOR)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Mon May 12, 2014 3:10 am

Yeah BI you're right. The issue here is that I though Gay was going to start next to Barnes. But coming off the bench he may really succeed.
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by dapralbe (ATL) Mon May 12, 2014 4:15 am

Wow is good for the.league tbe teams want compete soon.
Phoenix a d sacramento to. Is increible in west all teams can be competitives will be a hard figth. Lot of trades, an active managers go csl!
dapralbe (ATL)
dapralbe (ATL)

Back to top Go down

Post by emplep7 (DET) Mon May 12, 2014 9:13 am

Wow, the Kings killed that trade. Absolute steal getting two starters out of that deal.
emplep7 (DET)
emplep7 (DET)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamal (CHA) Mon May 12, 2014 1:51 pm

Really love the Spurs-Kings trade for both sides.
The two of them are defining the road they want to follow with their teams with it.
Jamal (CHA)
Jamal (CHA)

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyJakkz (ORL) Mon May 12, 2014 2:49 pm

What a shame.

Kawhi and Ty wrapped with a bow as they were clearly gifted to the Kings.

WillyJakkz (ORL)
WillyJakkz (ORL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sun Scorched (NOP) Mon May 12, 2014 7:14 pm

WillyJakkz (HOU) wrote:What a shame.

Kawhi and Ty wrapped with a bow as they were clearly gifted to the Kings.

Meh. Lawson is on a huge contract and can't shoot, but tries. He'll be valuable to a talent starved team like SAC.

Kawhi is a nice piece, but about to get paid a boatload.

Davis and Udoh for a low BS forecourt - I like it. And while I don't personally like MCW, he clearly has value along with the 17 SAC 1st and cap savings.
Sun Scorched (NOP)
Sun Scorched (NOP)

Back to top Go down

Post by Myles (SAS) Mon May 12, 2014 8:00 pm

Man, the reactions are all over the place on my trade lol
Myles (SAS)
Myles (SAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content