CSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Forum.
by Stockton12 (UTA) Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 pm

» Ready, Set, Go!
by Dennis (BOS) Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

» HOUSTON ROCKETS TRADE BLOCK
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 am

» Mike D'antoni
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

» Magic Fire
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 am

» Chicago Bulls TB
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am

» Chicago Sign
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 am

» T.R. Dunn (10 characters)
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am

» Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 am

Gordon Hayward - Restricted Free Agent

+5
dapralbe (ATL)
Sun Scorched (NOP)
andrei (MEM)
Dennis (BOS)
SterlingCooperDraperPryce
9 posters

Go down

Gordon Hayward - Restricted Free Agent Empty Gordon Hayward - Restricted Free Agent

Post by SterlingCooperDraperPryce Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:57 pm

Gordon Hayward - Restricted Free Agent Gordon-Hayward

Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce is thrilled to engage the market on behalf of one of our most talented clients - Gordon Hayward.  The 6-8, 211 small forward has incredible versatility and is only 25 years old.  Although a Restricted Free Agent, direct negotiations with Utah have been put on hold.

Donald Draper wrote:"We are interested in pursuing the best contract and situation for our client.  As it stands currently, we are unhappy with the approach Utah has taken regarding negotiations with Gordon.  If other teams have potential interest, we would be happy to discuss Gordon's quite resonable contract requirements."

Back to top Go down

Gordon Hayward - Restricted Free Agent Empty Re: Gordon Hayward - Restricted Free Agent

Post by Dennis (BOS) Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:11 pm

gogo tender offer and join the celtics next year:P
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Gordon Hayward - Restricted Free Agent Empty Re: Gordon Hayward - Restricted Free Agent

Post by andrei (MEM) Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:55 pm

Is this not a good strategy for Utah though?

Hayward and SCDP test the market, negotiate with a few GMs, finally sign a deal...

all this time Utah does absolutely nothing and then matches the deal. Hayward back
andrei (MEM)
andrei (MEM)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sun Scorched (NOP) Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:58 pm

.... or Hayward gets frustrated and signs the qualifying offer. Becomes a UFA next season.
Sun Scorched (NOP)
Sun Scorched (NOP)

Back to top Go down

Post by dapralbe (ATL) Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:18 pm

I made an offer but the agency doesn't said nothing.

I wait a contraoffer.

This is the market.
dapralbe (ATL)
dapralbe (ATL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:22 pm

maybe your offer is too low the agency does not even want to negotiate it. I made an offer for Lowry and got my counteroffer 2 days after. But the diference between my offer and what he was looking for was almost zero.
As I wasn't interested in arguing for low dollars, instead I'd rather finish negotiations and keep my player, I said yes and it was easy.
Raise your offer, maybe the agency will reply to you.
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizzo (NY) Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:53 pm

Marcos_Beck (OKC) wrote:maybe your offer is too low the agency does not even want to negotiate it. I made an offer for Lowry and got my counteroffer 2 days after. But the diference between my offer and what he was looking for was almost zero.
As I wasn't interested in arguing for low dollars, instead I'd rather finish negotiations and keep my player, I said yes and it was easy.

Regardless of what your offer is, I think these agencies should be answering any and all contract offers for their clients.
Rizzo (NY)
Rizzo (NY)

Back to top Go down

Post by SterlingCooperDraperPryce Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:57 pm

Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce was forced to reach out to Utah as a result of, in our opinion, Utah's front office desire to simply match an offer for Hayward.

We proactively engaged Utah with a contract our client was interested in pursuing, and received a counter offer significantly below Gordon's expectations. That was less than 24 hours ago.

Rest assured. Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce is doing everything in the best interest of our client. As other GMs who have done business with SCDP can tell you, we are decisive and quick with responses.

I can assure you, there is no lack of communication on the part of our firm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:49 pm

I can guarantee that, as every player's offer I've made had been replied in less than 24 hours, at least with a memo that they received the offer.
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by orangeparka (MIA) Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:01 am

Not a bad move as I don't see a lot of teams being very intereste in him...

orangeparka (MIA)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:06 am

It's a nice option, although Hayward isn't resigning for little money, he could sign his QO and wait till next FAP when more teams have CAP space.
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:52 am

BOS would love to pay him what he deserves next offseason.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sun Scorched (NOP) Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:24 pm

Rizzo (NO) wrote:
Marcos_Beck (OKC) wrote:maybe your offer is too low the agency does not even want to negotiate it. I made an offer for Lowry and got my counteroffer 2 days after. But the diference between my offer and what he was looking for was almost zero.

Regardless of what your offer is, I think these agencies should be answering any and all contract offers for their clients.

Completely agree. I'm kinda getting ghosted on all of my outstanding offers right now. Wierd considering I have starting spots and $24m in cap to spend, you'd think that'd get a return phone call.

Wink
Sun Scorched (NOP)
Sun Scorched (NOP)

Back to top Go down

Post by LakeshowAK7 (OKC) Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:26 pm

Time to bring Kobe back on a 24 mill deal Wink
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sun Scorched (NOP) Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:27 pm

LakeshowAK7 (LAL) wrote:Time to bring Kobe back on a 24 mill deal Wink

Hahaha - no joke!

Funny story - Bryant's cap hold, had I not renounced, was $45,679,500.

Ouch.
Sun Scorched (NOP)
Sun Scorched (NOP)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm

Why was Kobe's, Iggy's and All those other Nice FAs' CAP Holds that big?
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:16 pm

Marcos_Beck (OKC) wrote:Why was Kobe's, Iggy's and All those other Nice FAs' CAP Holds that big?
Last year Salary * x.. I believe it was last years salary * 1.5
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by dapralbe (ATL) Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:58 pm

end hayward and his wife haha wrote in an article as have got away with it and have signed major requirements gordon hayward, I hope you succeed in boston, and I appreciate his manager I've ever reached several agreements.

good luck gordon.
dapralbe (ATL)
dapralbe (ATL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down