CSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Forum.
by Stockton12 (UTA) Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 pm

» Ready, Set, Go!
by Dennis (BOS) Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

» HOUSTON ROCKETS TRADE BLOCK
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 am

» Mike D'antoni
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

» Magic Fire
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 am

» Chicago Bulls TB
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am

» Chicago Sign
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 am

» T.R. Dunn (10 characters)
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am

» Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 am

Denver lands Hayward in 3-team with Boston

+2
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Dqchen87 (CAVS)
6 posters

Go down

Denver lands Hayward in 3-team with Boston Empty Denver lands Hayward in 3-team with Boston

Post by Dqchen87 (CAVS) Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:40 pm

This season has been a roller coaster ride for Nuggets GM, David. Team started off well beyond expectation but eventually cools off.
It is now stuck in mediocrity with a 21-25 record.
Still, GM David has remain faith in its team and maintained active trade discussions with GMs around the league.

I wanted to create a defensive minded team with a balance offense.
Frankly, everything started with the Asik trade.
Pek is a nice player, but he replicates Monroe.
Where as Asik can focus on rebounding, defense and shot block.
Next I got Reggie and Gee to improve my bench offense.
Now I've moved Pek and KCP to get the swingman I've always intrigued about.

Indeed, the Nuggets give up center Nikola Pekovic and guard Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and got SF Gordon Hayward and SF Quincy Pondexter.
Gordon Hayward's stats may have inflated a bit in Boston.
Nevertheless, it is still a respectable, 21.6 pts & 5.2 rebs.
He will provide some offensive spark along side Jrue Holiday and Greg Monroe.
More importantly, it is his defensive skill-set that intrigues GM David with 83 DEF, 50 BLK & 57 STL. He has the skill-sets to be an all-rounded defender.

Denver lands Hayward in 3-team with Boston 12872022014877
(Hayward's all-round game compliments Nuggets' overall strategy)

Besides Hayward, Nuggets also secured a great back-up SF in Quincy Pondexter. A typical 3-D with 76 DEF and 46.3% from 3pt. He will fit in nicely and provide insurance to either Ariza and Hayward.
Denver lands Hayward in 3-team with Boston 786_222743_814833
(Pondexter, the back-up SF for the Nuggets)

Nugget's starting line will now be consist off:
Jrue Holiday: 91 DEF, 81 PAS
Gordon Hayward: 83 DEF, 59 PAS
Trevor Ariza: 82 DEF, 52 PAS
Greg Monroe: 74 DEF, 63 PAS
Omar Asik: 82 DEF, 70 BLK

All five can defend.
Everyone (sans Asik) can pass and share the ball.
Monroe and Asik will clean up the glass.

There is still a huge chunk of season left.
Let's find out how this new look Nuggets will look and perform.
Dqchen87 (CAVS)
Dqchen87 (CAVS)

Back to top Go down

Denver lands Hayward in 3-team with Boston Empty Re: Denver lands Hayward in 3-team with Boston

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:49 pm

I like your new team, I just think you need shooting at some of the wings. Hayward is not leaving since he's just joined so you could try to trade Ariza for a better shooter.

Asik and Monroe complement themselves really well, Hayward and Holiday are nice players, Ariza is the odd-man because his skill-set is almost the same as Hayward. But I think overall your team improved. Gotta win some games right now, because after it may be too late for a playoff push.
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Denver lands Hayward in 3-team with Boston Empty Re: Denver lands Hayward in 3-team with Boston

Post by Dennis (BOS) Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:56 pm

Hayward is a good player and will increase his % as we worked on his instructions heavily. Looking at him we turned nearly all the "Blue driving potential" into driving. At the rim he's great.

I got only one Problem. He wouldnt fit into the style we want to play. We Collected assets for a long time. Now its time to create the Type of team we want. Thats the only reason Hayward was free to go. To be honest, I hate to let him and Quincy go. Both will play great roles for a Playoff contender.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dqchen87 (CAVS) Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:02 pm

Marcos_Beck (OKC) wrote:I like your new team, I just think you need shooting at some of the wings. Hayward is not leaving since he's just joined so you could try to trade Ariza for a better shooter.

Asik and Monroe complement themselves really well, Hayward and Holiday are nice players, Ariza is the odd-man because his skill-set is almost the same as Hayward. But I think overall your team improved. Gotta win some games right now, because after it may be too late for a playoff push.

Thanks Marcos!
Agree with the outside shooting.
Jrue was a great 3pt shooter, Ariza can be a good one, so I just need Hayward to be decent.
Ariza is some what a replica of what Hayward brings. We see what happens with paring the two together.
Lastly, yes, I need to start winning some games!!!!
Dqchen87 (CAVS)
Dqchen87 (CAVS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dqchen87 (CAVS) Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:07 pm

Dennis (BOS) wrote:Hayward is a good player and will increase his % as we worked on his instructions heavily. Looking at him we turned nearly all the "Blue driving potential" into driving. At the rim he's great.

I got only one Problem. He wouldnt fit into the style we want to play. We Collected assets for a long time. Now its time to create the Type of team we want. Thats the only reason Hayward was free to go. To be honest, I hate to let him and Quincy go. Both will play great roles for a Playoff contender.

Nice insight Dennis!
Thanks for sharing.
Everyone wants to shape their team their own way.
I'm happy to get the guy I want.
Good dealing with you!
Dqchen87 (CAVS)
Dqchen87 (CAVS)

Back to top Go down

Post by LakeshowAK7 (OKC) Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:20 pm

Very good move for you Dq. It may not be too late to sneak into the playoffs, especially with a very defensive-laden team like yours.
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dqchen87 (CAVS) Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:27 pm

LakeshowAK7 (LAL) wrote:Very good move for you Dq.  It may not be too late to sneak into the playoffs, especially with a very defensive-laden team like yours.
Thanks Lakes
West is really really really tough this season.
I will try my best, but I am quite a few games behind.
Wanna tank a few games and let me squeeze in?  Cool Very Happy 
Dqchen87 (CAVS)
Dqchen87 (CAVS)

Back to top Go down

Post by bestnamezRtaken (POR) Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:36 pm

Great pick up by Denver with Hayward, I expressed interest in him a little too late.
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyJakkz (ORL) Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:03 pm

Really nice pickup getting Hayward, really liking the new Nuggets. I wouldn't rush or get in the mindset of trading Ariza just to get a shooter, check FA or use bench assets etc for a shooter, Ray Allen Redick or Korver would've been perfect.

Also I don't think it is too late for a Playoff push, you never know what can happen.
WillyJakkz (ORL)
WillyJakkz (ORL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down