CSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Forum.
by Stockton12 (UTA) Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 pm

» Ready, Set, Go!
by Dennis (BOS) Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

» HOUSTON ROCKETS TRADE BLOCK
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 am

» Mike D'antoni
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

» Magic Fire
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 am

» Chicago Bulls TB
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am

» Chicago Sign
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 am

» T.R. Dunn (10 characters)
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am

» Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 am

Team Assignments

+22
andrei (MEM)
goikiri (IND)
Benripcity (MIA)
Cyrisnyte (SAS)
dapralbe (ATL)
Stockton12 (UTA)
Rizzo (NY)
BizGilwalker (HOU)
WillyJakkz (ORL)
bt (SAC)
Jestor (LAL)
RobIII(GSW)
Dennis (BOS)
blackice (TOR)
Dqchen87 (CAVS)
GreenBear (PHX)
Higrade (LAC)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
Jake0890 (WAS)
Dylan (BKN)
26 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Team Assignments - Page 3 Empty Re: Team Assignments

Post by bt (SAC) Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:19 am

Dennis (BOS) wrote:Good to see this assignment worked so great. Wouldh have been fine with all my Top5 teams. Though credit to Adam for taking the in much trouble Knicks to clear the path for a return to Boston.
Division will be a tough one. Rizzo showed last season he's able to build a monster, Dylan build two unbelievable teams put of nowhere and BI will take of 50% of the trades made in the csl. Tough Division.

Cool to see guys like Marcos and Jeff got their Dream teams and guys like bt are happy with their challenge. Though getting demarcus isnt the worst thing Razz. Really looking forward to get the League started.

Ha, lucky he's in it. Looks like it'll be a long season.
bt (SAC)
bt (SAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by StOfTheStep (PHI) Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:21 am

Marcos_Beck (CHI) wrote:
bestnamezRtaken (POR) wrote:
GreenBear (MEM) wrote:I believe it was mentioned at some point, but our rosters are going to be the teams' rosters on opening night of the 2013-2014 season, correct? So mid-season trades will not take effect?

I believe after the playoffs.

According to Myles, playoff rosters.

Higrade (LAC) wrote:Nah, this is rosters from the beginning of the season. How rosters are now is how they are staying, no changes are made to ratings or mid-season trades.

Otherwise Evan Turner & Andrew Bynum would be on Indiana. That's not the case. If they were, I probably would have gunned for the Pacers.

There's no chance in hell Myles would release the file/html...only to change the players to different teams later. I imagine this is how things are staying.

I'm confused... so is it the roster at the end of the 2013-2014 season or the beginning? It would make my team radically different.
StOfTheStep (PHI)
StOfTheStep (PHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:24 am

Playoffs rosters, so end of regular season.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by StOfTheStep (PHI) Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:27 am

Dennis (BOS) wrote:Playoffs rosters, so end of regular season.

Ok, thanks for the response!
StOfTheStep (PHI)
StOfTheStep (PHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:34 am

Jamal (NYK) wrote:Also happy I came out with my first option for this restart.

So watch out guys, the Hornets are back!!! Twisted Evil 

Team Assignments - Page 3 160426_court_02

Would love to have a like button. Love the court!
Know your were really frustrated, like me, so its good to see you are motivated again bro.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by emplep7 (DET) Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:05 am

Surprised only a handful of teams kept their original teams, but it will make it even more interesting.
emplep7 (DET)
emplep7 (DET)

Back to top Go down

Post by StOfTheStep (PHI) Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:08 am

emplep7 (DET) wrote:Surprised only a handful of teams kept their original teams, but it will make it even more interesting.

10, 9, 8, 76ers!
StOfTheStep (PHI)
StOfTheStep (PHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by andrei (MEM) Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:11 am

Jamal (NYK) wrote:Also happy I came out with my first option for this restart.

So watch out guys, the Hornets are back!!! Twisted Evil 

Team Assignments - Page 3 160426_court_02

Super happy that the Hornets are back and the Bobcats Embarassed  are gone
andrei (MEM)
andrei (MEM)

Back to top Go down

Post by dapralbe (ATL) Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:11 am

I'm looking forward to it and I have the philosophy and thought rotation
dapralbe (ATL)
dapralbe (ATL)

Back to top Go down

Post by BizGilwalker (HOU) Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:11 pm

BizGilwalker (HOU) wrote:Houston Rockets!

I would like to point out that for cap purposes, Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik are supposed to have $8.4M cap hits for each year of the deal. Each of them has the balloon payment as the cap hit, which is incorrect and would severely impact 2014 free agency should I choose to go that route.
May I please get verification on this?
BizGilwalker (HOU)
BizGilwalker (HOU)

Back to top Go down

Post by bt (SAC) Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:15 pm

It's impossible for the game to emulate this unless they manually want to watch your trades and cap space so I'd guess that you're stuck with it but I'm sure a commissioner will confirm.
bt (SAC)
bt (SAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by BizGilwalker (HOU) Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:22 pm

bt (SAC) wrote:It's impossible for the game to emulate this unless they manually want to watch your trades and cap space so I'd guess that you're stuck with it but I'm sure a commissioner will confirm.
Well, I'll have to wait and hear back, but that would essentially destroy my free agent plans, never mind the fact it's completely inaccurate.
BizGilwalker (HOU)
BizGilwalker (HOU)

Back to top Go down

Post by bt (SAC) Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:27 pm

With a poison pill contract, which figure is used for trades? If it's the cap hit, would be an easy adjustment of the contract in the DB but if it's only the cap hit and not for trades, makes it impossible unless manually watched.
bt (SAC)
bt (SAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by BizGilwalker (HOU) Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:54 pm

bt (SAC) wrote:With a poison pill contract, which figure is used for trades? If it's the cap hit, would be an easy adjustment of the contract in the DB but if it's only the cap hit and not for trades, makes it impossible unless manually watched.
The cap hit is used for trades. Omer Asik and Jeremy Lin should have 8.4M as their actual in-game salaries.
BizGilwalker (HOU)
BizGilwalker (HOU)

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyJakkz (ORL) Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:01 pm

Well it had been briefly discussed last season about waiving non or partially guaranteed contracts where the admins would have to do the numbers manually but talks never advanced.

I like the idea for players already under contract but wouldn't advocate doing non or partially guaranteed contracts beyond that.
WillyJakkz (ORL)
WillyJakkz (ORL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Myles (SAS) Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:15 pm

We are not doing partially or nonguaranteed contracts. We are also not doing poison pill contracts so Lin and Asik will have 8.4M cap hits, as well as not doing RFA for second rounders. If the game cannot handle certain complexities in the CBA, we cannot do it.

SS is still working on contracts. The three things, to my knowledge, that still need editing in the file are players on correct teams, draft picks updated, and contracts.
Myles (SAS)
Myles (SAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyJakkz (ORL) Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:19 pm

Myles (SAS) wrote:We are not doing partially or nonguaranteed contracts. We are also not doing poison pill contracts so Lin and Asik will have 8.4M cap hits, as well as not doing RFA for second rounders. If the game cannot handle certain complexities in the CBA, we cannot do it.

SS is still working on contracts. The three things, to my knowledge, that still need editing in the file are players on correct teams, draft picks updated, and contracts.

Good to know and since you're here could you verify or confirm that we are in fact using 2013-14 Playoff rosters (post nba trade deadline)?

Appreciate it.

Edit: nm, I'm thinking that's what the players on correct teams statement means
Edit: Just read your post confirming thx

Last edited by WillyJakkz (ORL) on Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
WillyJakkz (ORL)
WillyJakkz (ORL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Myles (SAS) Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:28 pm

Yes, playoff rosters.

To anyone that has PMd me recently, my phone will not allow me to reply, and I don't have computer access at this convention. So email me at nelso194@mail.chapman.edu for any questions you need answered.
Myles (SAS)
Myles (SAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by bt (SAC) Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:10 pm

Sorry Dennis, I'm not after you but I saw your trade block and thoughts came to me. Using Boston as an example, sorry.

I think the pick assignment needs work. Philadelphia gets screwed. The 2015 owed to Boston is protected 1-14 and there's million percent chance it falls within that protection. The fall back here will be the 2016 1st which is still highly valuable. The real life fall back is a couple of second rounders. We didn't want teams screwed by everyone having normal picks (Miami/Brooklyn with all years picks) but if we're doing that, I think Myles or someone needs to go through and make a decision on the fair ones. That's not fair to Philly to lose an unprotected 2016 pick when in reality, the damage isn't bad losing a pair of second rounders.

Not sure if there are others like this but was a thought after seeing the picks. Unless the fall backs can actually be second rounders in the CSL?
bt (SAC)
bt (SAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:32 pm

bt (SAC) wrote:Sorry Dennis, I'm not after you but I saw your trade block and thoughts came to me. Using Boston as an example, sorry.

I think the pick assignment needs work. Philadelphia gets screwed. The 2015 owed to Boston is protected 1-14 and there's million percent chance it falls within that protection. The fall back here will be the 2016 1st which is still highly valuable. The real life fall back is a couple of second rounders. We didn't want teams screwed by everyone having normal picks (Miami/Brooklyn with all years picks) but if we're doing that, I think Myles or someone needs to go through and make a decision on the fair ones. That's not fair to Philly to lose an unprotected 2016 pick when in reality, the damage isn't bad losing a pair of second rounders.

Not sure if there are others like this but was a thought after seeing the picks. Unless the fall backs can actually be second rounders in the CSL?

We already discussed that, asked it before the assignment to get it clear. Myles said it will be (most likely) normal protection. No special rules. The reason I applied for Boston.

Myles (SAS) wrote:Why would Philly be a lost franchise? They have their 2014 1st, New Orleans 2014 1st, and their lottery 2015 1st as well as Michael Carter Williams, Nerlens Noel to build around. That gives them two seasons and three draft picks to use before that 2016 1st they lost comes into play. And if they lose their 2015 1st, that means they were in the playoffs. I don't see how Philly is screwed.

Would be weird if I ask first if we keep the normal protection or follow real NBA and it gets changed after assignment. If it gets changed Im voting for Rose having 25 durability too (no offense Marcos, just like reallife), etc.

Edit: and then I want all the first picks after 2016 too. We would have way more firsts. So PHI could be seen as compensation for losing the Future firsts too. Razz
BTW the picture attached is a Screen from the file Marcos created for Myles and Dylan.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by StOfTheStep (PHI) Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:30 pm

So as far as the new rosters are concerned, when will we see the updates take effect (either on the League File or Rosters on the CSL forum)? I don't want to be annoying about this or anything (because I know you guys are extremely busy and dedicated to this changeover), but until I see my official roster, I don't want to update my Trade Block or discuss serious trades with anyone due to the fact I'm not sure who I officially have or what their ability or potential is.

Once again, thanks for your hard work guys!

~Show Ya Luv~
StOfTheStep (PHI)
StOfTheStep (PHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by RobIII(GSW) Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:34 pm

StOfTheStep (PHI) wrote:So as far as the new rosters are concerned, when will we see the updates take effect (either on the League File or Rosters on the CSL forum)? I don't want to be annoying about this or anything (because I know you guys are extremely busy and dedicated to this changeover), but until I see my official roster, I don't want to update my Trade Block or discuss serious trades with anyone due to the fact I'm not sure who I officially have or what their ability or potential is.

~Show Ya Luv~
same here
RobIII(GSW)
RobIII(GSW)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:57 pm

RobIII(GSW) wrote:
StOfTheStep (PHI) wrote:So as far as the new rosters are concerned, when will we see the updates take effect (either on the League File or Rosters on the CSL forum)? I don't want to be annoying about this or anything (because I know you guys are extremely busy and dedicated to this changeover), but until I see my official roster, I don't want to update my Trade Block or discuss serious trades with anyone due to the fact I'm not sure who I officially have or what their ability or potential is.

~Show Ya Luv~
same here

+1!
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by Myles (SAS) Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:21 pm

I'm still at my convention in DC, Dylan has been busy this week. Just wait out the weekend and we will likely have something starting next week.
Myles (SAS)
Myles (SAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan (BKN) Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:24 pm

I'm in the middle of updating the rosters. Taking today off to enjoy the holiday with family, will hopefully finish them up either late tonight or tomorrow.
Dylan (BKN)
Dylan (BKN)
Admin

https://csleague.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next