CSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Forum.
by Stockton12 (UTA) Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 pm

» Ready, Set, Go!
by Dennis (BOS) Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

» HOUSTON ROCKETS TRADE BLOCK
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 am

» Mike D'antoni
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

» Magic Fire
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 am

» Chicago Bulls TB
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am

» Chicago Sign
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 am

» T.R. Dunn (10 characters)
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am

» Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 am

All Ready Done in Orlando

4 posters

Go down

All Ready Done in Orlando Empty All Ready Done in Orlando

Post by Cyrisnyte (SAS) Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:24 am

All Ready Done in Orlando Nate-mcmillan-fired
11 wins don't help you keep a job...

Well the first change in Orlando is not that of Giannis Adetokunbo moving from the Magic Kingdom to another team but rather that of Nate McMillan being let go.  It's hard to find a reason to keep around a coach who managed only 11 wins in 82 games.  There wasn't much said when GM Cyrisnyte took over the team recently but the writing was on the wall as the future of the Magic was put into focus.

GM Cyrisnyte wrote:
We appreciate the time that Nate McMillan put in here in Orlando.  I had the opportunity to sit down and talk about the future of the Magic with Nate and we just had a difference of where we thought the direction should be heading.  Nate is a class act and I'm sure he will find another opportunity here in the CSL.  We wish him the best and appreciate what he had to endure last season with the lack of talent he had to perform with.

Rumors are swirling already that the Magic are making an attempt to bring in a former Magic player as the head coach…

All Ready Done in Orlando Scott-skiles-evil-overlord
Will the evil overlord return home?

The Magic are looking to recently fired Scott Skiles to come back to Orlando.  Scott played point guard for the Magic in the early 90's, suiting up for the Magic for 5 seasons.  Skiles actually is in the record books when on December 30th, 1990 against the Denver Nuggets, Skiles managed to dish out 30 assists in one game.  The Magic are keeping their fingers crossed that Skiles will want to reunite with a team he was a huge part of and take on the challenge of increasing last season's 11 win total.  There are some great assets to start with and having the #1 overall pick is always an enticing piece to have.

GM Cyrisnyte wrote:I have reached out to Scott and let him know we would love to have him take over the reigns here in Orlando.  Many of you know that Scott played here for the Magic for 5 seasons and we hope he will take on the challenge of head coach with the organization for another 5.  In our brief talks, Scott understands what we want to do and wants to share his thoughts on the future.  I will be meeting with Scott tomorrow here at our facilities to see if we have the same ideas in mind.  If so, then I'm sure that Mr. Skiles will be the next coach of your Orlando Magic.

The Magic need a turn around.  The word out of the organization is that Andrew Wiggins will be the #1 overall pick in this year's draft.  Having a face of the franchise come in at such a young age will require someone to guide him who can realize his potential and help him develop it.  Scott Skiles seems to have presented himself as that person.  Now we have to wait and see how the meeting goes between the former player and the new GM.
Cyrisnyte (SAS)
Cyrisnyte (SAS)

Back to top Go down

All Ready Done in Orlando Empty Re: All Ready Done in Orlando

Post by orangeparka (MIA) Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:42 am

What else was McMillan supposed to do with that roster? Haha.

It'd be a nice fit to have a coach with some former connections come over. I regret letting Spo go haha.

orangeparka (MIA)

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyJakkz (ORL) Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:01 am

HOpe you get Skiles man, hate to see McMillan go if you don't get Skiles.
WillyJakkz (ORL)
WillyJakkz (ORL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyrisnyte (SAS) Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:17 am

WillyJakkz (HOU) wrote:HOpe you get Skiles man, hate to see McMillan go if you don't get Skiles.

Ya, this one may bite me in the ass. I just figured I would make it fun to try and bring in a former player as the new coach.
Cyrisnyte (SAS)
Cyrisnyte (SAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jestor (LAL) Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:56 am

Damn it, now you're going to tempt me, aren't you, Jeff?
Jestor (LAL)
Jestor (LAL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyrisnyte (SAS) Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:47 am

Whew…we landed Skiles so now it is time to hit the trade wires.
Cyrisnyte (SAS)
Cyrisnyte (SAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyJakkz (ORL) Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:02 am

Congrats, always loved Skiles as a player when he was here and thought they shoulda hired him irl.

Good pickup.
WillyJakkz (ORL)
WillyJakkz (ORL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down