CSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Forum.
by Stockton12 (UTA) Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 pm

» Ready, Set, Go!
by Dennis (BOS) Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

» HOUSTON ROCKETS TRADE BLOCK
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 am

» Mike D'antoni
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

» Magic Fire
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 am

» Chicago Bulls TB
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am

» Chicago Sign
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 am

» T.R. Dunn (10 characters)
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am

» Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 am

Pick 1 - Round 1 - Orlando Magic

+2
Jestor (LAL)
Cyrisnyte (SAS)
6 posters

Go down

Pick 1 - Round 1 - Orlando Magic Empty Pick 1 - Round 1 - Orlando Magic

Post by Cyrisnyte (SAS) Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:47 am

Hey everyone, I have Strep Throat right now as well as have to be up at 3am to open my Starbucks up.  I don't want to slow down the draft though so I'll make my pick and have my article up soon.

With the #1 overall selection…the Orlando Magic select…

Andrew Wiggins
Cyrisnyte (SAS)
Cyrisnyte (SAS)

Back to top Go down

Pick 1 - Round 1 - Orlando Magic Empty Re: Pick 1 - Round 1 - Orlando Magic

Post by Jestor (LAL) Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:03 am

Hope you feel better soon, Jeff.

And least.surprising.pick.ever. Very Happy
Jestor (LAL)
Jestor (LAL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:53 am

Get well soon Jeff! I hope drafting Wiggins makes you feel better right away:)
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Myles (SAS) Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:28 pm

Feel better Jeff! Not surprising here at all and the Magic are going to be very happy with their shiny new SF. Wiggins is going to be in the league for a long long time.
Myles (SAS)
Myles (SAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan (BKN) Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:38 pm

Hope you're feeling better today. But this was of course a no-brainer. Wiggins will most definitely be the next great Magic first overall pick. Will he be as good as Shaq and Dwight though?
Dylan (BKN)
Dylan (BKN)
Admin

https://csleague.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizzo (NY) Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:45 pm

BUST!!! Feel better and enjoy the Wiggins show.
Rizzo (NY)
Rizzo (NY)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyrisnyte (SAS) Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:53 am

Pick 1 - Round 1 - Orlando Magic 0
If you draft him, they will come.

In what may have come as a shock to a few Amish people today, the Orlando Magic selected Andrew Wiggins out of Kansas.  The build up had been there for some time and many with good relationships with GM Cyrisnyte already knew that this was the direction that he was taking with the Magic in his first year in the front office.  One could say there was more of a chance for the Harlem Globetrotters to lose a game than for Wiggins to have fallen to number 2 in the CSL draft.

The Orlando Magic organization announced that moments after Wiggins was selected, that season tickets begin to be snapped up.  After winning a horrific 11 games last season, there is some hope for the future now with Wiggins in the fold.  Last year the Amway Center, home of your Orlando Magic ran at 60% capacity for home games.  When you break it down, that means that the Magic only averaged a little over 11,000 people per home game.  Within 30 minutes of Wiggins selection, the arena had been sold to 80% capacity.  

While the financial implication of having a cornerstone to build around is already drawing dividends.  What everyone wants to know though is what the organization feels about their #1 overall draft pick.

GM Cyrisnyte wrote:We are thrilled to announce that Andrew Wiggins will be joining us in Orlando.  We had him at about 90% as our number one pick and after he dominated the pre-draft tournament we could not pass on this opportunity to select what we feel is a game changer.  The idea of having Andrew and Giannis on the wings, that is a problem I'm glad we will have to figure out.  We had spoke with Andrew heading into the draft and he knows what we are wanting to accomplish here in Orlando and he is up to the challenge.

Scott Skiles wrote:Sometimes fate smiles at you.  I had been let go and then GM Cyrisnyte reached out to me to come to Orlando and coach my old team where I had played for years.  The cherry on top of all that?  Bringing in a player with the talent that Andrew Wiggins has.  He simply rose above all others in the pre-draft tournament.  I would have selected Andrew 100 out of 100 times after reviewing the game film from the pre-draft tournament.  We still have work to do but having some young defensive minded players in Andrew, Giannis and Nerlens helps us as we build our team.

The city of Orlando will be having a welcome to Orlando greeting for Andrew at the airport in two days.  Expectations are high here in Orlando and with the success of the Heat within state, the Magic would love to start building towards success for themselves.  They seem to be headed in the right direction and it seems Wiggins may be the centerpiece they need to help guide them.
Cyrisnyte (SAS)
Cyrisnyte (SAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jestor (LAL) Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:14 am

Man, what a ridiculous trio Giannis, Noel, and Wiggins is going to be.
Jestor (LAL)
Jestor (LAL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down