CSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Forum.
by Stockton12 (UTA) Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 pm

» Ready, Set, Go!
by Dennis (BOS) Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

» HOUSTON ROCKETS TRADE BLOCK
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 am

» Mike D'antoni
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

» Magic Fire
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 am

» Chicago Bulls TB
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am

» Chicago Sign
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 am

» T.R. Dunn (10 characters)
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am

» Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 am

Trade Chatter

+28
Benripcity (MIA)
rh0xxy (MIN)
BizGilwalker (HOU)
SterlingCooperDraperPryce
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Querejeta (WAS)
Higrade (LAC)
dapralbe (ATL)
Jamal (CHA)
Jestor (LAL)
Dennis (BOS)
bt (SAC)
jinx
andrei (MEM)
Kgdobby
Myles (SAS)
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)
Cyrisnyte (SAS)
Rizzo (NY)
emplep7 (DET)
Sun Scorched (NOP)
blackice (TOR)
Jake0890 (WAS)
orangeparka (MIA)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
Riot (MKE)
WillyJakkz (ORL)
Dylan (BKN)
32 posters

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

Trade Chatter - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade Chatter

Post by LakeshowAK7 (OKC) Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:31 pm

orangeparka (MIA) wrote:
LakeshowAK7 wrote:
orangeparka (MIA) wrote:On a side note, Smart will be the best SG in the league before long IMO...

He looks pretty much done developing in my engine outside of a few areas.  I think he'd be hardpressed in unseating Harden, and in a couple years.....  BEAL lol.

Really? For me he has a ton of scoring and defensive potential left. Even higher than Harden's.

Yup for me... right now he's at:

74/75 DEF
68/75 SCR

His biggest deviation right now in terms of potential and current ratings is his inside shooting which is 83/95.
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizzo (NY) Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:19 am

Bottom line is I will have the best guard and best big in the eagle in about two years.
Rizzo (NY)
Rizzo (NY)

Back to top Go down

Post by LakeshowAK7 (OKC) Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:40 am

Rizzo (NO) wrote:Bottom line is I will have the best guard and best big in the eagle in about two years.

Are you hacking into Myle's admin file and making Smart better than he has the potential to be? Otherwise you will fall short in your statement!
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)

Back to top Go down

Post by orangeparka (MIA) Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:08 am

Rizzo's should be the most accurate.

orangeparka (MIA)

Back to top Go down

Post by bt (SAC) Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:48 pm

Where's the eagle?

Although I do agree.
bt (SAC)
bt (SAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizzo (NY) Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:52 pm

No need to hack when he has the potential to be an elite scorer and an absolute pest on the defensive end too. Move over James Harden because the SG position will belong to Marcus Smart in a couple of years!

And I noticed that typo just now bt. I have grammar OCD and it bothers me that I can't edit that post on my phone right now lol.
Rizzo (NY)
Rizzo (NY)

Back to top Go down

Post by bt (SAC) Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:57 pm

Ha, I meant to post a smiley face with that but looked better as best in the eagle.
bt (SAC)
bt (SAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by LakeshowAK7 (OKC) Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:12 am

Rizzo (NO) wrote:No need to hack when he has the potential to be an elite scorer and an absolute pest on the defensive end too. Move over James Harden because the SG position will belong to Marcus Smart in a couple of years!

Depending on what your cup of tea is for a shooting guard, Smart may not be your......cup of tea.  Below is a side by side comparison of Smart/Beal.  The top ratings being their current and the bottom being their potential according to the latest file.

Beal seems to be a bit less refined right now (probably because Smart came into the CSL with what appears to be him being already relatively close to his ceiling while Beal still has some growing pains), but seems to have a bit of a higher ceiling despite being less than a year older.

Trade Chatter - Page 3 LQ9bUA4
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)

Back to top Go down

Post by orangeparka (MIA) Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:17 am

What you're seeing is wrong I think.

I have him at 91 scr/63 pas/82 hdl/80def/72 stl. That's the best SG in the league by far ratings-wise, and a top 3~5 player in the league. Not even slightly comparable to Beal.

Considering he's at 4.0/5.0 on the ratings page for me, I think what I'm seeing is definitely closer.

He put up 19/5/5 per36 as a rookie. He's legit. Definitely a future face of the CSL.

orangeparka (MIA)

Back to top Go down

Post by LakeshowAK7 (OKC) Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:18 am

orangeparka (MIA) wrote:What you're seeing is wrong I think.

I have him at 91 scr/63 pas/82 hdl/80def/72 stl. That's the best SG in the league by far ratings-wise, and a top 3~5 player in the league. Not even slightly comparable to Beal.

Considering he's at 4.0/5.0 on the ratings page for me, I think what I'm seeing is definitely closer.

He put up 19/5/5 per36 as a rookie. He's legit. Definitely a future face of the CSL.

So you're saying each league file is different?  I'm not buying that.  Well actually I lied, DDS is a weirdly coded program that doesn't make much sense. I know each "scout" (or in this case "team) shows a bit different ratings, but can it really have that much difference?
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Myles (SAS) Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:21 am

Every GM/team views potential differently. There is one league file and every league file has the same ratings in the database, but how it's viewed/perceived is different from everyone else.
Myles (SAS)
Myles (SAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by orangeparka (MIA) Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:24 am

Can it differ that much though?

orangeparka (MIA)

Back to top Go down

Post by LakeshowAK7 (OKC) Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:25 am

orangeparka (MIA) wrote:Can it differ that much though?

Yeah I mean there's a huge difference between being a top 5 player and a top 5 player at his position. Either my scout or yours is completely drunk.
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)

Back to top Go down

Post by orangeparka (MIA) Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:35 am

Mine is definitely more right. You can't have 5.0 potential with the type of upside that you listed for Smart.

But I think I know what it is. When I see Gobert's player card, he doesn't have much upside except for a few points in a couple of categories. However, he's 2.0/3.0, and you rarely see rookies that are complete coming into the league.

Sometimes we see random players as not having much upside I reckon. I remember seeing that kind of stuff often, certain players not having any upside.

orangeparka (MIA)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizzo (NY) Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:42 am

Looking at the ratings that you had for Smart's potential, my scouts definitely see something different from you and closer to what OP said.
Rizzo (NY)
Rizzo (NY)

Back to top Go down

Post by bt (SAC) Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:03 am

Young guys are going to show much more variation too.

Depends on your coaches talents and the GM talents the game was set up with (might have been generic for everyone though).
bt (SAC)
bt (SAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyJakkz (ORL) Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:16 am

Rizzo (NO) wrote:No need to hack when he has the potential to be an elite scorer and an absolute pest on the defensive end too. Move over James Harden because the SG position will belong to Marcus Smart in a couple of years!

And I noticed that typo just now bt. I have grammar OCD and it bothers me that I can't edit that post on my phone right now lol.

Keep hope alive!
WillyJakkz (ORL)
WillyJakkz (ORL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizzo (NY) Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:25 pm

I hope Orlando takes Alex Len now to screw with DJ up in Boston lol.
Rizzo (NY)
Rizzo (NY)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:26 pm

That would hurt badly.. Jeff you are my man.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyJakkz (ORL) Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:31 pm

Can't say I really like the deal but not bad at all for Boston as I gave some thought about it last night, if I were them passing on Len and drafting Anthony Bennett to pair with Vucevic would've been a better option imo cause AB could potentially develop into the scorer for that C's team.
WillyJakkz (ORL)
WillyJakkz (ORL)

Back to top Go down

Post by orangeparka (MIA) Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:36 pm

Interesting trade for sure. Really hard to gauge it because of the picks and young players involved.

I like it for both teams though. For DAL, IMO Vucevic is easily better than anyone they could've gotten with the sixth pick, and even though they give up Young, they get some pieces and a future unprotected first back.

For BOS, they gain a defensive/rebounding PF to pair with Len, as well as the opportunity to pick among the top 6, which seems to be the number of great prospects in the draft.

orangeparka (MIA)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:39 pm

WillyJakkz (HOU) wrote:Can't say I really like the deal but not bad at all for Boston as I gave some thought about it last night, if I were them passing on Len and drafting Anthony Bennett to pair with Vucevic would've been a better option imo cause AB could potentially develop into the scorer for that C's team.

Thought the same and we really considered trading down, but with all those New Managers and especially jestor back on board, you never know how the draft goes. DeMar and Hill wouldnt have seen any minutes anyway and the market for them wasnt big as well.
So its for us a trade vucevic + Atlantas first (with BI going all in, or not? You never know if you talk about bi) for #6 + young. Im fine with it. Especially because I like young really hard and tried to get him already last year.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyJakkz (ORL) Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:47 pm

DennisJ (BOS) wrote:
WillyJakkz (HOU) wrote:Can't say I really like the deal but not bad at all for Boston as I gave some thought about it last night, if I were them passing on Len and drafting Anthony Bennett to pair with Vucevic would've been a better option imo cause AB could potentially develop into the scorer for that C's team.

Thought the same and we really considered trading down, but with all those New Managers and especially jestor back on board, you never know how the draft goes. DeMar and Hill wouldnt have seen any minutes anyway and the market for them wasnt big as well.
So its for us a trade vucevic + Atlantas first (with BI going all in, or not? You never know if you talk about bi Razz) for #6 + young. Im fine with it. Especially because I like young really hard and tried to get him already last year.

If I didn't have this epiphany last nige I woulda loved the trade cause I know your focus is drafting Len, it just occurred to me Bennett + Vucevic is a better option:

Schroder Demar Wallace (or FA SF) Bennett Vucevic

I just really like that moving forward as a foundation.

Not a bad deal though man.
WillyJakkz (ORL)
WillyJakkz (ORL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:54 pm

WillyJakkz (HOU) wrote:
DennisJ (BOS) wrote:

So its for us a trade vucevic + Atlantas first (with BI going all in, or not? You never know if you talk about bi Razz) for #6 + young. Im fine with it. Especially because I like young really hard and tried to get him already last year.

If I didn't have this epiphany last nige I woulda loved the trade cause I know your focus is drafting Len, it just occurred to me Bennett + Vucevic is a better option:

Yeah I know you didnt want to say its a bad one!
I just want to be a Major player next offseason to get some other pieces. If Im able to moves Johnson and Wallace Ive only rookie contracts left and got ~ 40 Million capspace. Vucevic would have earned 14 Million, Hill 8, DeRozan 3,5.. Now its only young with 2 + who ever I draft.

Edit: btw Vucevics potentials are way below what you are able to see.. was shocked last update, lol.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by orangeparka (MIA) Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:02 pm

WillyJakkz (HOU) wrote:
DennisJ (BOS) wrote:

I dunno, Vuc has a year left and is about to get paid. I feel Len/Young/whoever they get with #6 is better, especially since it looks like they'll have cap space.

orangeparka (MIA)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next