CSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Forum.
by Stockton12 (UTA) Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 pm

» Ready, Set, Go!
by Dennis (BOS) Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

» HOUSTON ROCKETS TRADE BLOCK
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 am

» Mike D'antoni
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

» Magic Fire
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 am

» Chicago Bulls TB
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am

» Chicago Sign
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 am

» T.R. Dunn (10 characters)
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am

» Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 am

Pick 12 - Round 1 - New Orleans Pelicans

+4
Dylan (BKN)
orangeparka (MIA)
Jake0890 (WAS)
Rizzo (NY)
8 posters

Go down

Pick 12 - Round 1 - New Orleans Pelicans Empty Pick 12 - Round 1 - New Orleans Pelicans

Post by Rizzo (NY) Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:36 pm

The New Orleans Pelicans will select SF Dario Saric, who's rights will be moved to Sacramento in the previously posted trade. Article to come...

Dylan (SAC) wrote:
Pick 12 - Round 1 - New Orleans Pelicans CdWo9Xm
Dario Saric Gets His Crown

Pick 12 - Round 1 - New Orleans Pelicans Saric

With the 12th overall selection, the Kings drafted Dario Saric, a 6'10 Small Forward from Croatia.

Saric was reportedly one of two players being considered at #12 (after the Kings moved down from #9), the other being Perry Ellis. Ellis being selected at pick 11, one pick before the Kings selection, it cleared the way for Saric to be named the newest member of the Sacramento Kings, something he couldn't be prouder about.

Dario Saric wrote:I'm so happy to be the newest member of this great Kings organization. I had a long talk with Dylan and I'm even more excited to be part of the process here in Sacramento. I'm looking forward to playing my game with all my teammates and making the great Kings fans proud.

In a conference call with reporters the next day, Kings GM Dylan had this to say about picking Saric:

Dylan wrote:Dario is a versatile forward who, being 6'10 can play both positions. We view him more as a small forward, but no matter where he plays we're confident he can make an impact. We know Saric will be able to put the ball in the basket and distribute pretty well, and we're excited to have him on board.

There are some glaring holes in Saric's game however, particularly in his jump shot and on the defensive side of the ball. Both will be the top priority for Dario to work on over the off-season in preparation for his rookie year.

Dario Saric wrote:I know my strengths and my weaknesses, and I know what I need to do to improve. I work hard at my craft and plan to work even harder to continue making my dream a reality. I'm exciting to be an NBA player for this team, but I know the work doesn't stop here. I know I only have to work harder from here and I'm excited to start working with the guys.

Last edited by Rizzo (NO) on Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Rizzo (NY)
Rizzo (NY)

Back to top Go down

Pick 12 - Round 1 - New Orleans Pelicans Empty Re: Pick 12 - Round 1 - New Orleans Pelicans

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:37 pm

Ouch. Sucks for Dylan. He gets Saric instead of Ellis. Probably should have stayed put in hindsight.
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Pick 12 - Round 1 - New Orleans Pelicans Empty Re: Pick 12 - Round 1 - New Orleans Pelicans

Post by orangeparka (MIA) Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:38 pm

Not bad compensation at all IMO.

orangeparka (MIA)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan (BKN) Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:40 pm

Jake0890 (MIN) wrote:Ouch. Sucks for Dylan. He gets Saric instead of Ellis. Probably should have stayed put in hindsight.

Ellis was the guy I wanted, but I'm okay with Saric too. When I mentioned the two I'm "torn on" in my trade agreement, it was these two.

Dylan (BKN)
Dylan (BKN)
Admin

https://csleague.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyrisnyte (SAS) Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:49 pm

Knowing we were taking Wiggins, I didn't scout Saric. From what I hear though he is a quality player.
Cyrisnyte (SAS)
Cyrisnyte (SAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:49 pm

I like Saric a lot! great pass first forward.. But maybe Im biased because he's a europe guy..
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizzo (NY) Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:17 pm

If I had stood pat at #12, Saric probably would have been the guy I selected. Again, he was another prospect I wasn't in love with but would have filled in nicely as a secondary distributor and a floor spacer. His defense left a lot to be desired though.
Rizzo (NY)
Rizzo (NY)

Back to top Go down

Post by emplep7 (DET) Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:23 pm

Solid pick and if I didnt have Melo I would have drafted this guy possibly, but I like what Ellis could bring.
emplep7 (DET)
emplep7 (DET)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jestor (LAL) Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:32 pm

Shooting in draft camp scared me despite the KA comparisons.
Jestor (LAL)
Jestor (LAL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizzo (NY) Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:08 pm

emplep7 (DET) wrote:Solid pick and if I didnt have Melo I would have drafted this guy possibly, but I like what Ellis could bring.

If you traded Perry Ellis to Sacramento, Dylan would be a very happy man.
Rizzo (NY)
Rizzo (NY)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan (BKN) Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:11 am

Pick 12 - Round 1 - New Orleans Pelicans CdWo9Xm
Dario Saric Gets His Crown

Pick 12 - Round 1 - New Orleans Pelicans Saric

With the 12th overall selection, the Kings drafted Dario Saric, a 6'10 Small Forward from Croatia.

Saric was reportedly one of two players being considered at #12 (after the Kings moved down from #9), the other being Perry Ellis. Ellis being selected at pick 11, one pick before the Kings selection, it cleared the way for Saric to be named the newest member of the Sacramento Kings, something he couldn't be prouder about.

Dario Saric wrote:I'm so happy to be the newest member of this great Kings organization. I had a long talk with Dylan and I'm even more excited to be part of the process here in Sacramento. I'm looking forward to playing my game with all my teammates and making the great Kings fans proud.

In a conference call with reporters the next day, Kings GM Dylan had this to say about picking Saric:

Dylan wrote:Dario is a versatile forward who, being 6'10 can play both positions. We view him more as a small forward, but no matter where he plays we're confident he can make an impact. We know Saric will be able to put the ball in the basket and distribute pretty well, and we're excited to have him on board.

There are some glaring holes in Saric's game however, particularly in his jump shot and on the defensive side of the ball. Both will be the top priority for Dario to work on over the off-season in preparation for his rookie year.

Dario Saric wrote:I know my strengths and my weaknesses, and I know what I need to do to improve. I work hard at my craft and plan to work even harder to continue making my dream a reality. I'm exciting to be a CSL player for this team, but I know the work doesn't stop here. I know I only have to work harder from here and I'm excited to start working with the guys.
Dylan (BKN)
Dylan (BKN)
Admin

https://csleague.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down