CSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Forum.
by Stockton12 (UTA) Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 pm

» Ready, Set, Go!
by Dennis (BOS) Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

» HOUSTON ROCKETS TRADE BLOCK
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 am

» Mike D'antoni
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

» Magic Fire
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 am

» Chicago Bulls TB
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am

» Chicago Sign
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 am

» T.R. Dunn (10 characters)
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am

» Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 am

CSL March Madness: Round 2

+3
BizGilwalker (HOU)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
Jake0890 (WAS)
7 posters

Go down

CSL March Madness: Round 2 Empty CSL March Madness: Round 2

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:35 pm

Welcome back to round 2 of CSL March Madness. New Orleans and Portland get their first games of the tournament against Indiana and Minnesota, and the cinderellas, Dallas and Phoenix, hope to stay alive. Who will prevail and move on to the 2nd round? Who will fall short?

As a reminder, here is the full bracket before round 2, which can also be found at [url=challonge.com/cslmarchmadness]challonge.com/cslmarchmadness[/url]:
CSL March Madness: Round 2 OijuUL0

#16 Indiana Pacers vs. #1 New Orleans Pelicans
RESULT: Indiana Pacers WIN, 101-87/b]
Screenshots of game result:
CSL March Madness: Round 2 A3Hb5on
CSL March Madness: Round 2 OskznSv
Analysis: AND THE PELICANS GO DOWN! LeBron was simply too much for this Pelicans team. 55 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals, 1 block, and no one on the Pelicans could even come close to matching him. Marcus Smart was just plain bad, and when Smart is off, this Pelicans team won’t ever win, even in a game like this when Anthony Davis shoots 10 for 18 from the field for 29 points. It didn’t even matter that Kobe and Dirk played poorly, LeBron was just. too. good.

#24 Dallas Mavericks vs. #8 Chicago Bulls
RESULT: Chicago Bulls WIN, 102-80
CSL March Madness: Round 2 ZCWW5Ul
CSL March Madness: Round 2 KerOSk1
Analysis: Well, the Dallas Mavericks run didn’t last long at all. After taking out the dominant Atlanta Hawks in the first round by 16 points, After scoring 37 in the first round, DeRozan got shut down by Joe Johnson, shooting 30%. Rose also had an off shooting night, with 29% FG%. But Tony Allen led the game shooting 50% for 23 points. The Mavericks were just outplayed and overwhelmed, and the Bulls will now be facing the Pacers in the 3rd round.

#13 Washington Wizards vs. #4 Detroit Pistons
RESULT: Washington Wizards WIN, 94-75
CSL March Madness: Round 2 9s9VIOM
CSL March Madness: Round 2 D61kZuE
Analysis: With our 2nd upset of the 2nd round, the Washington Wizards take down the physical Detroit Pistons. John Wall slaughtered Jameer Nelson for 30 points, and the normally dominant Carmelo Anthony was locked down by Jonas Jerebko, who shot a poor 6 of 17. Andre Drummond did his best scoring 23 points on 50%+ shooting, but it wasn’t enough to save them this game, as one of the favorites to go all the way find an untimely demise in the 2nd round. The Wiz will be playing the Clippers or Houston Rockets in the next round.

Game 2, #12 Houston Rockets vs. #5 Los Angeles Clippers
RESULT: Los Angeles Clippers WIN, 116-103
CSL March Madness: Round 2 VEGmkD5
CSL March Madness: Round 2 DPUYeWb
Analysis: After having a fairly easy first round matchup in which missing James Harden didn’t matter so much, the Rockets finally got a challenge against the Clippers, and they couldn’t pull it off. Chris Paul destroyed Darren Collison, shooting 75% for 20 points. Al Jefferson added in 35, and the Rockets just don’t have enough scoring when missing Harden to really compete. Iguodala had 32 as the leading scorer for the Rockets, but there wasn’t much help for anyone else.

Game 1, #15 Minnesota Timberwolves vs. #2 Portland Trailblazers
RESULT: Portland Trailblazers WIN, 119-93
CSL March Madness: Round 2 Es7lRrS
CSL March Madness: Round 2 NnJMQXY
Analysis: Well, the Wolves just couldn’t match the combined 65 points from LaMarcus and Damian Lillard. Not much more to say here.

#26 Phoenix Suns vs. #10 Oklahoma City Thunder
RESULT:Oklahoma City Thunder WIN, 99-89
CSL March Madness: Round 2 GfQDRTF
CSL March Madness: Round 2 H0kEyuy
Analysis: In a game where Phoenix led by 12 point at the half, the Suns choked down the stretch and their run comes to an early end. Kendall Marshall was just bad, shooting 3 of 13, and though Otto Porter had 19 points, it just wasn’t enough to compete Paul George and Deron Williams who combined for 43 points. After this game, the lowest seed left is the Indiana Pacers.

#14 Los Angeles Lakers vs. #3 Utah Jazz
RESULT: Utah Jazz WIN, 114-87
CSL March Madness: Round 2 4pdZHBc
CSL March Madness: Round 2 SF0tzmd
Analysis: When the Lakers have Russell Westbrook healthy, they can hang with anybody in the league. But when he’s not… this is what happens. The Lakers just didn’t have any chance in this one. Derrick Favors had 24 points, only to be outdone by Al Horford, but CJ Watson was abused by Mike Conley. The Jazz will move on to play either the Heat or the Knicks in the next round.

#11 Miami Heat vs. #6 New York Knicks
RESULT: Miami Heat WIN, 136-129
CSL March Madness: Round 2 GBi6jiC
CSL March Madness: Round 2 20shMjH
Analysis: In the 2nd upset of this round, Kevin Durant was simply too much. 50 points. Ricky Rubio played pretty poorly, only scoring 8 points, even with 15 assists. Both Isaiah Thomas and Kevin Durant played 48 minutes, but in a march madness tournament, it seems that the key to winning is having a dominant player, with both teams led by Kevin Durant and LeBron James leading their teams into the 3rd round.

So after all 8 round 2 games, here is the bracket:CSL March Madness: Round 2 BYpuNLh
Tune in tomorrow for the next round. How long can Kevin Durant and LeBron James keep this up?

Last edited by Jake0890 (MIN) on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

CSL March Madness: Round 2 Empty Re: CSL March Madness: Round 2

Post by bestnamezRtaken (POR) Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:42 pm

Dang, sucks we got bounced. But we didn't have Jeff Teague or OJ Mayo in the lineup due to injuries, so it was expected. This is still really awesome, keep it up Jake.
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)

Back to top Go down

Post by BizGilwalker (HOU) Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:13 pm

Really? This is where Josh Harrellson decides to start rebounding?

LOL, can't believe I actually beat the Pelicans. 55 from Lebron (probably his most efficient game of the season too), bringing his "March Madness" average to 52.5ppg on blistering 43-55 (78%!!!) shooting. These 50-point games are getting boring now. Including these two games, I think Lebron has double-digit 50-point games already this season.

By the way, Jake, the bracket says that I lost to the Pelicans but the box score says I won. Wink
BizGilwalker (HOU)
BizGilwalker (HOU)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:17 pm

BizGilwalker (IND) wrote:Really? This is where Josh Harrellson decides to start rebounding?

LOL, can't believe I actually beat the Pelicans. 55 from Lebron (probably his most efficient game of the season too), bringing his "March Madness" average to 52.5ppg. These 50-point games are getting boring now. Including these two games, I think Lebron has double-digit 50-point games already this season.

By the way, Jake, the bracket says that I lost to the Pelicans but the box score says I won. Wink

My bad, put the wrong winner into the bracket. It's fixed now.

But yeah, LeBron and KD have been absolutely ridiculous in this tournament. Both averaging 50+ and KD is playing 48 minutes per game.
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by BizGilwalker (HOU) Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:31 pm

Jake0890 (MIN) wrote:But yeah, LeBron and KD have been absolutely ridiculous in this tournament. Both averaging 50+ and KD is playing 48 minutes per game.
I think KD plays 48 minutes more games than not. He averages 46mpg on the season. Laughing 
BizGilwalker (HOU)
BizGilwalker (HOU)

Back to top Go down

Post by emplep7 (DET) Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:02 am

Ahh bummed we lost, but the Wiz are a tough team.
emplep7 (DET)
emplep7 (DET)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:17 am

Wondering what league file was used.. I thought I was going to lose this one because Jestor's team is so organized and we did not have set lineups after trade because of lack of PC.

We had no Anderson so I think you used last sim file, wondering if you're going to keep using this file or will use the current updated file post trades for the next round.

All in all, a nice win against a team that always come close against us. I really like Jestor's system and I'm trying to learn from him, his team is very efficient and he knows how to take the most out of his players. Nice game Wink

Next up @POR. Let's see if we can beat them, seems that Nene is playing injury in this file.. :/
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:23 am

Marcos_Beck (OKC) wrote:Wondering what league file was used.. I thought I was going to lose this one because Jestor's team is so organized and we did not have set lineups after trade because of lack of PC.

We had no Anderson so I think you used last sim file, wondering if you're going to keep using this file or will use the current updated file post trades for the next round.

All in all, a nice win against a team that always come close against us. I really like Jestor's system and I'm trying to learn from him, his team is very efficient and he knows how to take the most out of his players. Nice game Wink

Next up @POR. Let's see if we can beat them, seems that Nene is playing injury in this file.. :/

I simmed all of these games earlier today at around noon, so the new league file wasn't up yet. For round 3, ill be using tonight's new file, so you will have Anderson.

Basically when I put these up, I use the previous nights file.
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:38 am

Jake0890 (MIN) wrote:
Marcos_Beck (OKC) wrote:Wondering what league file was used.. I thought I was going to lose this one because Jestor's team is so organized and we did not have set lineups after trade because of lack of PC.

I simmed all of these games earlier today at around noon, so the new league file wasn't up yet. For round 3, ill be using tonight's new file, so you will have Anderson.

Basically when I put these up, I use the previous nights file.

Heck, I was hoping you would use the same file as round 1 and 2, because at this new one I did not input my DC Very Happy
Great anyway, let's see if we can win against the Blazers.
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jestor (LAL) Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:13 am

Disappointing to blow a huge lead like that, but that happens when you have a really young team like we do. Congrats on the win, Marcos. Your moves are paying off well.
Jestor (LAL)
Jestor (LAL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizzo (NY) Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:44 pm

Wow can't believe we bowed out like that without really putting up a fight.
Rizzo (NY)
Rizzo (NY)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:25 pm

Jestor (PHX) wrote:Disappointing to blow a huge lead like that, but that happens when you have a really young team like we do.  Congrats on the win, Marcos.  Your moves are paying off well.

Your team lacks consistency, but I don't think you consider that a problem as you have a long term project and your players will be more experienced by there.
I think your team, with the right moves, has one of the best futures of this league!
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jestor (LAL) Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:28 pm

Yeah the lack of consistency (and terrible road record) even after the trades are the result of this being a young team, which loses more often. As they grow and mature together, it'll be a much stronger unit, particularly since I'm planning to keep my core of Marshall/Porter/Sullinger/McGary/Oden together (at least for now), with everyone else filling in as needed.

Of course, I may change my mind at some point depending on other moves and who else we find/bring in via FA and the draft.
Jestor (LAL)
Jestor (LAL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down