CSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Forum.
by Stockton12 (UTA) Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 pm

» Ready, Set, Go!
by Dennis (BOS) Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

» HOUSTON ROCKETS TRADE BLOCK
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 am

» Mike D'antoni
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

» Magic Fire
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 am

» Chicago Bulls TB
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am

» Chicago Sign
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 am

» T.R. Dunn (10 characters)
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am

» Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 am

CSL March Madness: Round 1, Part 1

+10
Jestor (LAL)
RobIII(GSW)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
WillyJakkz (ORL)
dapralbe (ATL)
Dennis (BOS)
emplep7 (DET)
BizGilwalker (HOU)
Sun Scorched (NOP)
Jake0890 (WAS)
14 posters

Go down

CSL March Madness: Round 1, Part 1 Empty CSL March Madness: Round 1, Part 1

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:41 pm

Hey guys, so I was playing around with the exhibition game feature on the game, and I wanted to try doing a march madness style bracket for the CSL. Single elimination, so a lot more upsets (hopefully). All 30 teams will be included, just for fun. A few things to note, please:
1. If your players are injured... sorry, tough luck. There's no way for me to fix that. You'll be playing without them for the tournament (sorry Willy - looks like Harden won't be playing)
2. The top 2 seeds (NOLA and POR) get a bye because of the weird number of teams.
3. For whatever reason, the full bracket flipped the teams around. Home team will always have home court advantage when I sim.
3. Remember, this is just for fun. This doesn't prove anything, don't take it too seriously.

So, without further adieu, here is the full bracket, which can also be found at http://challonge.com/cslmarchmadness
CSL March Madness: Round 1, Part 1 VO6DPzY

The first round contains 14 games, and I'm going to be breaking it into 2 parts to keep this post manageable. I will be doing the top half of the bracket today, and the 2nd half will be posted at a later time.

Game 1, #17 Denver Nuggets vs. #16 Indiana Pacers
RESULT: Indiana Pacers WIN, 110-85
Screenshots of game result:
CSL March Madness: Round 1, Part 1 J4H4d82
CSL March Madness: Round 1, Part 1 N8HHzUv
Analysis:
LeBron James was simply too much for the Nuggets to handle. He had 50 points on 75% shooting, and no one on the Nuggets even came close to scoring that much. The leading scorer for the Nuggets was Jrue Holiday with 16 points on 70% shooting, but it simply wasn't enough. LeBron didn't get much help from anyone else on the team, Kobe and Lance included, but it didn't matter in the end. The Pacers will move on to face the New Orleans Pelicans in the 2nd round.

Game 2, #25 Sacramento Kings vs. #8 Chicago Bulls
RESULT: Chicago Bulls WIN, 121-117
Screenshots of the game result:
CSL March Madness: Round 1, Part 1 JfCNgYk
CSL March Madness: Round 1, Part 1 XkCEMaB
Analysis:
Sac-Town led this game the whole way, even leading by as much as 14 at halftime. Even going into the 4th quarter, they led by 9 points and were in the drivers seat. But led by Derrick Rose's 34 points, the Bulls made a comeback and, in a nail biter, won by 4 points. Tyreke Evans was dominant as usual with 32 points on 50% shooting, but he and Kyle Lowry combined for 14 turnovers, which proved costly in the end. Even Kawhi Leonard added 28 point on 67% shooting, but it wasn't enough to stop the 8th seeded Chicago Bulls. The Bulls will move on to play the winner of Dallas and Atlanta.

Game 1, #24 Dallas Mavericks vs. #9 Atlanta Hawks
RESULT: Dallas Mavericks WIN, 106-90
CSL March Madness: Round 1, Part 1 G6qRwhD
CSL March Madness: Round 1, Part 1 UYf6kEx
Analysis: This game simply came down to Atlanta never finding their shot. Their total team field goal percentage was a stupidly low 31%, while Dallas shot a blistering 53%. Outside of Rudy Gay and DeMarcus Cousins, the Hawks simply got no production from anybody, while for the Dallas Mavericks, DeMar Derozan was having the game of his life with 37 points. David West chipped in 20 (with 10 from the foul line!), and OJ Mayo had 17. The first upset of the bracket means Dallas will be moving on to play the Bulls in the 2nd round.

Game 1, #29 Boston Celtics vs. #4 Detroit Pistons
RESULT: Detroit Pistons WIN, 99-84
CSL March Madness: Round 1, Part 1 MQS3UQm
CSL March Madness: Round 1, Part 1 5hiF2Pt
Analysis: In one of the ugliest games of the century, the Pistons pull out a 15 point win. After trailing by 9 at the half, the Pistons came back with a 4th quarter point differential of +17. The Pistons shot 39% while the Celtics shot 35%, so neither team played well, but the difference came down to the Pistons having a star player; Melo dropped 34 points on the Celitcs, while the Celtics, who have to rely on more of a team effort, were led by Shabazz's 21 points. The Celts didn't have the firepower necessary to keep up with the top team in the East, as expected. The Pistons will be playing the winner of WAS-PHI in the 2nd round.

Game 1, #20 Philadelphia 76ers vs. #13 Washington Wizards
RESULT: Washington Wizards WIN, 108-92
CSL March Madness: Round 1, Part 1 CPLhp8a
CSL March Madness: Round 1, Part 1 5LCgQFg
Analysis: As expected, the Washington Wizards won handily against the 76ers. The Wizards led in every statistical category, including steals, blocks, turnovers, fouls, rebounds, FG%, points in the paint, fastbreak scoring... everything, really. The 76ers, got a combined 63 from Wade and Bynum as per usual, but as is so often the problem with this team, there was no help from anybody else. Meanwhile, John Wall lit the Sixers up with a 26 point, 10 assist game. Blake Griffin added 25 and Jonas had 12, hell, even Jonas Jerebko got into the action with 14 points. The Wizards ended up shooting 60% against a paper thin Sixers defense. The Wizards now look ahead to playing the Pistons in the next round.

Game 1, #28 Orlando Magic vs. #5 Los Angeles Clippers
RESULT: Los Angeles Clippers WIN, 115-104
CSL March Madness: Round 1, Part 1 OXRG4Zf
CSL March Madness: Round 1, Part 1 XZhgpvF
Analysis: The Magic came disappointingly close to taking down one of the top western conference teams, but in the end, Chris Paul and Al Jefferson were too much for Vasilije Micic and Nerlens Noel to handle. Even without Josh Smith and Kemba Walker due to injury, the Clips pulled out the win by calling on their role players to step up and perform, and that they did. Doron Lamb had 18, Will Bynum had 22, JR Smith had 10, and though Andrew Wiggins was the game's leading scorer (shooting 20 FTs) and Nerlens Noel and Giannis Antetokounmpo both had respectable games, the game came down to the play of role players, and the Clippers' role players can't be beat. The Clipps will head on to the 2nd round to play either the Harden-less Rockets or the Milwaukee Bucks.

Game 1, #21 Milwaukee Bucks vs. #12 Houston Rockets
RESULT: Houston Rockets WIN, 106-94
CSL March Madness: Round 1, Part 1 WW7bQpQ
CSL March Madness: Round 1, Part 1 Iyyznqw
Analysis: Well, being without James Harden didn't cost the Rockets a loss this time around. The Bucks put up a valiant effort, but their field goal percentage of 38% didn't hold up to the always ultra-efficient Rockets with a 50% FG%. The big 3 of Milwaukee had 53 points, but Gerald Green's 2/12 shooting and Faried's 2/8 shooting held them back in a game where every point counts. Andre Iguodala was 1 rebound away from a double double, TT was 3 rebounds away, and Darren Collison ended up with a double double on 18 points and 10 assists. They'll be playing the Los Angeles Clippers in the 2nd round.

Well, there you have it. In the top half of the first round, we only had 1 upset, though many of the lower seeded teams came very close to advancing. That means we'll be seeing some top tier teams battling it out for bragging rights in the 2nd round. I'll probably have the 2nd half of the 1st round done tomorrow. Here is your bracket after today's sims:
CSL March Madness: Round 1, Part 1 GJlgVA1

Last edited by Jake0890 (MIN) on Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

CSL March Madness: Round 1, Part 1 Empty Re: CSL March Madness: Round 1, Part 1

Post by Sun Scorched (NOP) Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:43 pm

Sweet Jake - this will be fun to track
Sun Scorched (NOP)
Sun Scorched (NOP)

Back to top Go down

Post by BizGilwalker (HOU) Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:45 pm

Will the next round take into account depth chart changes? Because it looks like both Parker and Dirk attempted to start, but were too injured to play.
BizGilwalker (HOU)
BizGilwalker (HOU)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:48 pm

BizGilwalker (IND) wrote:Will the next round take into account depth chart changes? Because it looks like both Parker and Dirk attempted to start, but were too injured to play.

I honestly hadn't thought that far ahead (didn't plan this out too well, I guess), but... sure... I guess. The exhibition games are based on the league file, and for each regular season sim I download the league file to see how my team did, so I guess as long as you update your DC and strat it'll go into effect in the exhibition games as well.

Short answer: yes.
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by BizGilwalker (HOU) Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:48 pm

Jake0890 (MIN) wrote:
BizGilwalker (IND) wrote:Will the next round take into account depth chart changes? Because it looks like both Parker and Dirk attempted to start, but were too injured to play.

I honestly hadn't thought that far ahead (didn't plan this out too well, I guess), but... sure... I guess. The exhibition games are based on the league file, and for each regular season sim I download the league file to see how my team did, so I guess as long as you update your DC and strat it'll go into effect in the exhibition games as well.

Short answer: yes.
thanks.
BizGilwalker (HOU)
BizGilwalker (HOU)

Back to top Go down

Post by emplep7 (DET) Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:49 pm

Awesome idea man. Will be interesting to see as even though its single game elimination, this is still barometer for how each team will handle themselves in the playoffs. Are the current strategies that each team has set up being used for these or is it a generic strategy?
emplep7 (DET)
emplep7 (DET)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:50 pm

emplep7 (DET) wrote:Awesome idea man.  Will be interesting to see as even though its single game elimination, this is still barometer for how each team will handle themselves in the playoffs.  Are the current strategies that each team has set up being used for these or is it a generic strategy?

Current strategies. Whatever you put in your strats for the regular season sims is the same that goes into this.
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:58 pm

Sad we didnt play our Real starting Five due to trades.
Obviously we just lost because of that! Razz

Crazy man! Thats so much work. Awesome.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by dapralbe (ATL) Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:22 pm

Its funny, great job jake!
dapralbe (ATL)
dapralbe (ATL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:26 pm

Oh, and for those wondering about the full seeding list (because it's kinda hard to read), here it is:

CSL March Madness: Round 1, Part 1 GjvAz4G
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyJakkz (ORL) Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:06 pm

Great job, loads of work went into putting this together so I def appreciate it jake!

At emp, these aren't all true PO matchups as I played the Bucks (East vs West), more like a March Madness as indicated so the seeding is based on record regardless of Conference.
WillyJakkz (ORL)
WillyJakkz (ORL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:23 pm

Like it very much, Jake. I'm currently using those exhibition games to test my team a lot, so it will be funny to see how well we can do given it's just one game, win or go home.
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by RobIII(GSW) Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:40 pm

Really like this. Its great. Cousins shot an insane amount of FT. Good thing derozen matched his scoring or Atl wouldve won.
RobIII(GSW)
RobIII(GSW)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:24 pm

By the way, since I used an online bracket maker to create the bracket, you can find the full bracket (not just the picture of it) at http://challonge.com/cslmarchmadness as I update it.
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jestor (LAL) Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:01 pm

*Very* awesome and cool idea. This is a blast.
Jestor (LAL)
Jestor (LAL)

Back to top Go down

Post by bestnamezRtaken (POR) Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:09 pm

This is awesome, love the idea. Helps spark activity a little bit too. And nice to see us get a win as the only under seed so far. Sucks Teague is hurt though but oh well, it's all in fun!
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dqchen87 (CAVS) Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:58 pm

Awesome idea Jake!
Although, I would suggest you to use the files from this upcoming sim.
There were a lot of trades processed, so you are using the game's default lineup vs. what others will use.

But still, GREAT concept, and will definitely follow and see who can win this!
Dqchen87 (CAVS)
Dqchen87 (CAVS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:10 pm

dqchen87 (DEN) wrote:Awesome idea Jake!
Although, I would suggest you to use the files from this upcoming sim.
There were a lot of trades processed, so you are using the game's default lineup vs. what others will use.

But still, GREAT concept, and will definitely follow and see who can win this!

Yeah, I realize now I should have waited a day, but given that I've already started, I'm going to make all of the 1st round on the current files, and the 2nd round will be whatever people upload for the regular season, just to make it even for everybody. My bad.
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizzo (NY) Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:47 pm

This is pretty sweet. Going to be fun to see who comes out on top.
Rizzo (NY)
Rizzo (NY)

Back to top Go down

Post by blackice (TOR) Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:06 am

Great idea, this is a dope tourney. Shame about getting beat in the 1st round to my main man DeMar who put on a show with 37 points but if I'm going to be beat it may as well be by a real life Raptor. Dallas did an incredible job defensively too.

Thanks for this, should be fun to see who wins it.
blackice (TOR)
blackice (TOR)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down