CSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Forum.
by Stockton12 (UTA) Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 pm

» Ready, Set, Go!
by Dennis (BOS) Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

» HOUSTON ROCKETS TRADE BLOCK
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 am

» Mike D'antoni
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

» Magic Fire
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 am

» Chicago Bulls TB
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am

» Chicago Sign
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 am

» T.R. Dunn (10 characters)
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am

» Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 am

CSL March Madness: The Quarterfinals!

+6
Rizzo (NY)
andrei (MEM)
WillyJakkz (ORL)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
dapralbe (ATL)
Jake0890 (WAS)
10 posters

Go down

CSL March Madness: The Quarterfinals! Empty CSL March Madness: The Quarterfinals!

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:27 pm

In the quarterfinals, 8 teams are left. The Pacers coming off of a win against the Pelicans, the Bulls after taking down fan-favorite Dallas, the Wizards who took down the powerhouse Pistons, and the Clippers who are still on fire even while missing Kemba Walker and Josh Smith, beating Houston and Orlando. On the bottom half of the bracket we have the Portland Trailblazers after destroying the Timberwolves, the Oklahoma City Thunder after a miraculous comeback against cinderella Phoenix, the Utah Jazz who have blown both previous matchups out of the water, and the Miami Heat, led by Kevin Durant, averaging 50+ on 48 minutes per game. Who will be advancing to the semifinals?

Here is the current bracket, as a reminder, which can also be found at http://challonge.com/cslmarchmadness:
CSL March Madness: The Quarterfinals! ME23gBq

#16 Indiana Pacers vs. #8 Chicago Bulls
RESULT: Chicago Bulls WIN, 113-98
Screenshots of game result:
CSL March Madness: The Quarterfinals! Os82TIU
CSL March Madness: The Quarterfinals! WWOXjxU
Analysis: Well, we all knew it eventually had to happen: LeBron cooled off. After averaging more than 50 points in the first two rounds, everyone knew the key to victory would be to slow LeBron down and make other players take the shots, and that’s exactly what Chicago did. LeBron had 34 points on 42% (still no poor performance, but it wasn’t enough), while Kobe shot a putrid 23%. Dirk was invisible as always, something we’ve grown used to on this Pacers team, and it just wasn’t enough to overcome Derrick Rose’s 31 points on 60% shooting. Chicago will move on to face either the Wiz or the Clippers next round.

#13 Washington Wizards vs. #5 Los Angeles Clippers
RESULT: Washington Wizards WIN, 98-79
CSL March Madness: The Quarterfinals! DppsrOl
CSL March Madness: The Quarterfinals! PRLo9NR
Analysis: This is the game where the Clippers really felt the loss of Kemba Walker and Josh Smith. Scoring 79 points is unacceptable in any game, let alone one against a team like the Wizards, but with Smith and Kemba out, there wasn’t any scoring left to be found. James Johnson took the most shots for the Clippers, 11, converting on only 4 of them, while Chris Paul shot 6 of 10 for 17 points. If the Clippers were going to win this one, Chris Paul needed a 30 point performance, but it wasn’t happening tonight.

#10 Oklahoma City Thunder vs. #2 Portland Trailblazers
RESULT: Portland Trailblazers WIN, 110-91
CSL March Madness: The Quarterfinals! UOfKWLC
CSL March Madness: The Quarterfinals! 6RuTe6E
Analysis: This one was ugly from the start. OKC shot a terrible 38% FG%, while the Trailblazers shot an even .500. Boris Diaw played 42 minutes, Nene played through an injury, and both of them shot .375 from the field. Dwight Howard’s 7 of 13 for 19 points was the lone decent performance from the Thunder, but Damian Lillard’s 28 points was too much for the Thunder to overcome on a poor shooting night.

#11 Miami Heat vs. #3 Utah Jazz
RESULT: Utah Jazz WIN, 129-99
CSL March Madness: The Quarterfinals! Wtb4vTF
CSL March Madness: The Quarterfinals! YgjBKG3
Analysis: Well, the reign of KD has come to an abrupt end. In 3 games so far for the Jazz, they’ve steamrolled every single one of their opponents, and they have to be the favorites to win it all, especially with New Orleans being eliminated already. Again, Kevin Durant played 48 minutes, but only had 30 points to show for it on subpar shooting percentages. Derrick Favors had 36 and Mike Conley shot a perfect 100% on 7 shots for 15 points. This one wasn’t even close.

So there you have it. KD and LeBron have been eliminated, the injury ridden Clippers are done for, and the Thunder’s poor performance leaves them heading home tonight. Tomorrow in the semifinals, we’ll see the Washington Wizards come to Chi-Town to battle Derrick Rose and the Bulls, and Derrick Favors and co. will head to Portland, hoping to take down the #2 seed. Here is the final bracket after today’s festivities:
CSL March Madness: The Quarterfinals! BBOfhc3
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

CSL March Madness: The Quarterfinals! Empty Re: CSL March Madness: The Quarterfinals!

Post by dapralbe (ATL) Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:35 pm

Great result, we need improve things.
Tomorrow semifinals will see.
dapralbe (ATL)
dapralbe (ATL)

Back to top Go down

CSL March Madness: The Quarterfinals! Empty Re: CSL March Madness: The Quarterfinals!

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:37 pm

We knew we were going to lose. George off the bench, no DC, Diaw starting.. Nene playing thought injury.. Ugly game.
Congrats on andrei!
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyJakkz (ORL) Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:40 pm

I have absolutely no clue who'll win this tourney but great job jake, appreciate you doing this.
WillyJakkz (ORL)
WillyJakkz (ORL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:46 pm

Marcos_Beck (OKC) wrote:We knew we were going to lose. George off the bench, no DC, Diaw starting.. Nene playing thought injury.. Ugly game.
Congrats on andrei!

Yeah, sorry about that, but unfortunately, there wasn't much I could do about that.

If it makes you feel any better, I just re-simmed it with the updated rosters and you still got beat by 37.  Laughing
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:10 pm

Jake0890 (MIN) wrote:
Marcos_Beck (OKC) wrote:We knew we were going to lose. George off the bench, no DC, Diaw starting.. Nene playing thought injury.. Ugly game.
Congrats on andrei!

Yeah, sorry about that, but unfortunately, there wasn't much I could do about that.

If it makes you feel any better, I just re-simmed it with the updated rosters and you still got beat by 37.  Laughing

I'm without Nene and Brewer, my two defenders at the PF position. Nothing I can do to beat them. No offense to their team but with a full roster our team is completely different.
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by andrei (MEM) Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:03 am

wow big wins vs Wolves and OKC. Our opponents are tough man and now we play the Jazz. All from our division also Smile We'll see - I bet home court will be a factor in this one Smile
andrei (MEM)
andrei (MEM)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizzo (NY) Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:14 am

My guess is Portland will win it.
Rizzo (NY)
Rizzo (NY)

Back to top Go down

Post by emplep7 (DET) Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:35 am

I think Washington has this. They have been playing good in this tourney.
emplep7 (DET)
emplep7 (DET)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jestor (LAL) Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:46 am

Jazz are perfectly primed to win a title, so I"m going with them.
Jestor (LAL)
Jestor (LAL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:40 pm

Yeah, i said Jazz vs. Chicago with Jazz winning it a couple threads ago, and I'm sticking with it. I don't think there's a team left that will beat them.
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by BizGilwalker (HOU) Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:43 pm

Lebron's crazy run comes to an end, "only" putting up 34/9/7.

We lost to Chicago who dominated us all-around.
BizGilwalker (HOU)
BizGilwalker (HOU)

Back to top Go down

Post by Myles (SAS) Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:14 pm

Welp, there went my dark horse contender. I believed in you Indy!
Myles (SAS)
Myles (SAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down