CSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Forum.
by Stockton12 (UTA) Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 pm

» Ready, Set, Go!
by Dennis (BOS) Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

» HOUSTON ROCKETS TRADE BLOCK
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 am

» Mike D'antoni
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

» Magic Fire
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 am

» Chicago Bulls TB
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am

» Chicago Sign
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 am

» T.R. Dunn (10 characters)
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am

» Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 am

CSL March Madness: THE FINALS! Your champion is...

+7
RobIII(GSW)
Myles (SAS)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
emplep7 (DET)
Rizzo (NY)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Jake0890 (WAS)
11 posters

Go down

CSL March Madness: THE FINALS! Your champion is... Empty CSL March Madness: THE FINALS! Your champion is...

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:41 pm

Washington vs. Portland. Wall vs. Lillard. Griffin vs. Aldridge. Valanciunas vs. Leonard. Starting with 30 teams, we’re down to 2 who are incredibly evenly matched. Who wins it all?

Here’s the bracket before tonight’s championship game:
CSL March Madness: THE FINALS! Your champion is... W0NTSYU

#13 Washington Wizards vs. #2 Portland Trailblazers
RESULT: Portland Trailblazers WIN, 115-94
Screenshots of game result:
CSL March Madness: THE FINALS! Your champion is... 4SLjpfy
CSL March Madness: THE FINALS! Your champion is... JsjRqs8
Analysis: For a championship game, it wasn’t particularly close. Lillard and Wall both went tit for tat, with Lillard scoring 41 and Wall had 37, both on over 70% shooting. Blake Griffin abused LaMarcus Aldridge, holding him to 8 points, but John Henson stepped up off the bench for 19 points on 50% shooting. In the end, it probably came down to the depth of Portland. The big 3s of both of these teams (Lillard, Aldridge, Henson and Wall, Griffin, Valanciunas) are evenly matched, but outside of those 3, Washington’s roster is bleak. Portland, on the other hand, had Meyers Leonard, Kyle Korver, Avery Bradley, and Michael Beasley, who all stepped up and propelled this team to victory.

Your 2014 CSL March Madness Champion is… the Portland Trailblazers!
CSL March Madness: THE FINALS! Your champion is... 2014-nba-playoffs-portland-trailblazers-championship-ring

Congratulations andrei, even if it doesn’t mean anything. Wink

Here’s the final bracket after all is said and done:
CSL March Madness: THE FINALS! Your champion is... 0n2JvhB

Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

CSL March Madness: THE FINALS! Your champion is... Empty Re: CSL March Madness: THE FINALS! Your champion is...

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:34 pm

After all I lost to the champions!

Congrats andrei!
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

CSL March Madness: THE FINALS! Your champion is... Empty Re: CSL March Madness: THE FINALS! Your champion is...

Post by Rizzo (NY) Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:50 pm

Congrats to the Blazers! They were my pick to win it a few rounds ago and Damian Lillard just put the team on his back.
Rizzo (NY)
Rizzo (NY)

Back to top Go down

Post by emplep7 (DET) Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:16 pm

Congrats to the Blazers. I had the Wiz winning but Lillard has been out of control lately.
emplep7 (DET)
emplep7 (DET)

Back to top Go down

Post by bestnamezRtaken (POR) Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:55 pm

I knew Damian would pull through. He's too good in the game. Congrats to the Blazers.
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:57 pm

Thanks to those of you who followed along with this for the past week. As interesting as this was to do, it was a lot of work so I appreciate those who looked at it.

Damian was just too good this entire tournament.
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Myles (SAS) Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:15 pm

Damn, Wall had a monster of a game but who would have expected Henson of all people to come up big.
Myles (SAS)
Myles (SAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by RobIII(GSW) Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:50 pm

Lillard is so clutch its not funny
RobIII(GSW)
RobIII(GSW)

Back to top Go down

Post by Higrade (LAC) Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:32 pm

Interesting tournament but this has been debated before - in DDS2 and DDS1 at least - that the sim engines are different for Exhibition games and actual Season games...who knows though. All I can say is we won't ever lose on our home court to Suns  Shocked we have the 2nd best home record in the league lol.

Also, Portland won't win the championship this season  Wink  great stuff though, very fun, thanks for putting in the work !
Higrade (LAC)
Higrade (LAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:52 pm

Higrade (GSW) wrote:Interesting tournament but this has been debated before - in DDS2 and DDS1 at least - that the sim engines are different for Exhibition games and actual Season games...who knows though. All I can say is we won't ever lose on our home court to Suns  Shocked we have the 2nd best home record in the league lol.

Also, Portland won't win the championship this season  Wink  great stuff though, very fun, thanks for putting in the work !

Wait, really? The engine changes between exhibition and an actual league? Is there any proof behind that or just speculation?

It would make some sense though. Exhibition is really finnicky with a lot of super high scoring players and not a whole lot of defense.
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Higrade (LAC) Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:01 pm

I mean I can't confirm anything but it's been debated in previous leagues I've been in throughout the years. I know when DDS1 first came out we found out there was an actual difference between the two but really no idea if it continued through dds2 & 3.
Higrade (LAC)
Higrade (LAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jestor (LAL) Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:31 am

Higrade (GSW) wrote:Interesting tournament but this has been debated before - in DDS2 and DDS1 at least - that the sim engines are different for Exhibition games and actual Season games...who knows though. All I can say is we won't ever lose on our home court to Suns  Shocked we have the 2nd best home record in the league lol.

Actually, we match up very well against you. You beat us in the first game, but that was before all our trades so it doesn't really count, and we would still would have beaten you if your DC had been set for the last game. It just would've been closer than the 29 point asskicking.

Jestor (LAL)
Jestor (LAL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Higrade (LAC) Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:00 am

Jestor (PHX) wrote:

Actually, we match up very well against you.  You beat us in the first game, but that was before all our trades so it doesn't really count, and we would still would have beaten you if your DC had been set for the last game. It just would've been closer than the 29 point asskicking.

Dude...Glenn Robinson was my starting SF and Bledsoe played 12 minutes while Burke played 9....cmon now.
Higrade (LAC)
Higrade (LAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by andrei (MEM) Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:52 am

Wow, thanks all and thanks to Jake for organizing. Big win for us and it means a lot to me. Will need to post an article about it tomorrow
andrei (MEM)
andrei (MEM)

Back to top Go down

Post by blackice (TOR) Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:11 pm

Congrats Andrei, and thanks to Jake for running this.
blackice (TOR)
blackice (TOR)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down