CSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Forum.
by Stockton12 (UTA) Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 pm

» Ready, Set, Go!
by Dennis (BOS) Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

» HOUSTON ROCKETS TRADE BLOCK
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 am

» Mike D'antoni
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

» Magic Fire
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 am

» Chicago Bulls TB
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am

» Chicago Sign
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 am

» T.R. Dunn (10 characters)
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am

» Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 am

State of CSL - Feedback Needed

+22
StOfTheStep (PHI)
andrei (MEM)
Dqchen87 (CAVS)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Higrade (LAC)
bt (SAC)
emplep7 (DET)
Cyrisnyte (SAS)
Benripcity (MIA)
Jestor (LAL)
BizGilwalker (HOU)
Jamal (CHA)
dapralbe (ATL)
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)
GreenBear (PHX)
RobIII(GSW)
Stockton12 (UTA)
Dennis (BOS)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
Jake0890 (WAS)
Myles (SAS)
Dylan (BKN)
26 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Which option do you prefer?

State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 5 Vote_lcap13%State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 5 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 5 Vote_lcap71%State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 5 Vote_rcap 71% 
[ 17 ]
State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 5 Vote_lcap0%State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 5 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 5 Vote_lcap16%State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 5 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 24

State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 5 Empty Re: State of CSL - Feedback Needed

Post by Jestor (LAL) Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:46 am

I like the idea of a GM draft personally. First come first serve just favors those in certain time zones/with certain availability. Now the launch of a new league is fine to have FCFS - Commishes are bringing in their top choices first, so those people are going to get first pick in most cases.

But with a league restart, a GM draft is the only fair way of doing it - although I do think there should be a period of a couple days after that where GMs are allowed to trade teams if they want.
Jestor (LAL)
Jestor (LAL)

Back to top Go down

State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 5 Empty Re: State of CSL - Feedback Needed

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:51 am

What would determine the order of a GM draft? Random? By standings?
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:53 am

Jake0890 (MIN) wrote:What would determine the order of a GM draft? Random? By standings?

Standings would be hilarious. Random would be fair.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by andrei (MEM) Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:00 pm

I'd say random snake order is the fairest
andrei (MEM)
andrei (MEM)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jestor (LAL) Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:05 pm

There's no snake order in a GM draft. It's literally one round - a GM picking what team they want.
Jestor (LAL)
Jestor (LAL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jestor (LAL) Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:07 pm

Jake0890 (MIN) wrote:What would determine the order of a GM draft? Random? By standings?

Random. With Myles putting all GM names in a hat (I recommend a fedora Very Happy) and pulling them out one by one to determine the order. He could podcast it.
Jestor (LAL)
Jestor (LAL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:07 pm

Maybe we could Start with top Choices, everybody could sent in a team he prefers. Teams havent been mentioned twice could be assigned to the GMs that Chose those teams. Afterwards a random draft.
Else what Jamal suggested.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:10 pm

Jestor (PHX) wrote:

Random.  With Myles putting all GM names in a hat (I recommend a fedora Very Happy) and pulling them out one by one to determine the order.  He could podcast it.

https://www.random.org/lists/

^That would probably be easier, but whatever floats your boat.
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dqchen87 (CAVS) Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:16 pm

I like Jamal's suggestion with a fantasy draft completed in the game. We will only get to pick the team.
There will be no super team like MIA, OKC and LAC.
Everyone can have a new start and create your own direction base on the make up of your new team.

The Heat team OP built has zero resemblence to LBJ/Wade/Bosh. Same to be said with Hawks (BI), OKC etc. Everyone got traded at some point with a very few exception.
Dqchen87 (CAVS)
Dqchen87 (CAVS)

Back to top Go down

Post by dapralbe (ATL) Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:20 pm

I suggested at the time that I choose the team that you like and then players Ramdon way, I love this option.
dapralbe (ATL)
dapralbe (ATL)

Back to top Go down

Post by andrei (MEM) Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:25 pm

dapralbe (UTAH) wrote:I suggested at the time that I choose the team that you like and then players Ramdon way, I love this option.

+1
andrei (MEM)
andrei (MEM)

Back to top Go down

Post by bt (SAC) Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:29 pm

I'm really easy with the team selection. I mean yeah some people want a team they follow or where they live but you'll make it your own anyway after time passes.

I just want random players. The league could announce it like a round a day. Be fun logging on to see who you got in the first round, second round, etc.

bt (SAC)
bt (SAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:32 pm

bt (TOR) wrote:I'm really easy with the team selection. I mean yeah some people want a team they follow or where they live but you'll make it your own anyway after time passes.

I just want random players. The league could announce it like a round a day. Be fun logging on to see who you got in the first round, second round, etc.

If we Start over please as fast as possible. As soon as file is updated we should immediately Start to assign the GMs to get it started quickly. So if a Fantasy draft will be done we should do it as fast as possible.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dqchen87 (CAVS) Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:32 pm

On a completely not related note, can we have a super fast sim to finish this season?
Would love to have some kind of closure to our season.
Dqchen87 (CAVS)
Dqchen87 (CAVS)

Back to top Go down

Post by GreenBear (PHX) Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:33 pm

Since it looks like the league is going to be restarted, I like Jamal's option for a game-simulated auto draft that we don't know which players will be on which team until after our teams are picked. This way it would be fair for everyone to get their normal draft picks as well.
GreenBear (PHX)
GreenBear (PHX)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamal (CHA) Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:37 pm

dqchen87 (DEN) wrote:I like Jamal's suggestion with a fantasy draft completed in the game. We will only get to pick the team.
Everyone can have a new start and create your own direction base on the make up of your new team.

The Heat team OP built has zero resemblence to LBJ/Wade/Bosh. Same to be said with Hawks (BI), OKC etc. Everyone got traded at some point with a very few exception.

It also has it's inconvenients, like that the engine values players depending on quality more than age/potential, so we could have a pair of teams with their best players being 'dinosaurs' resulting in a not ready to win team and small value team, with unmovable players, so it's also dangerous.
The thing is if that makes teams more even than the actual ones, and not totally sure about it even myself.

And there's also another thing about my proposal to take care of, and it's that if I'm not wrong the engine does not make the players draft using the snake order, what again doesn't go in favour of making even teams. Not 100% sure about this last one though.
Jamal (CHA)
Jamal (CHA)

Back to top Go down

Post by bt (SAC) Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:42 pm

Pretty sure the snake draft option is there.

About balance though, I think that's the fun. You might get a horrible player or contract. Adds interest to it all.

You can't seek perfect balance whether you run a draft or assign real life teams. I just prefer the surprise of seeing who we get. Kind of like after the draft. You're itching to see your new rookie.
bt (SAC)
bt (SAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Benripcity (MIA) Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:43 pm

I love the fantasy draft idea
Benripcity (MIA)
Benripcity (MIA)

Back to top Go down

Post by GreenBear (PHX) Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:44 pm

Jamal (NYK) wrote:
dqchen87 (DEN) wrote:I like Jamal's suggestion with a fantasy draft completed in the game. We will only get to pick the team.

It also has it's inconvenients, like that the engine values players depending on quality more than age/potential, so we could have a pair of teams with their best players being 'dinosaurs' resulting in a not ready to win team and small value team, with unmovable players, so it's also dangerous.
The thing is if that makes teams more even than the actual ones, and not totally sure about it even myself.

And there's also another thing about my proposal to take care of, and it's that if I'm not wrong the engine does not make the players draft using the snake order, what again doesn't go in favour of making even teams. Not 100% sure about this last one though.

Those are valid concerns, but personally, I just liked the idea that it would be the most fair option. Are some teams going to still be better than others? Of course, but it would all be chance. You don't really know which teams are the best until after you pick them. I think this would alleviate everyone fighting over a handful of teams.
GreenBear (PHX)
GreenBear (PHX)

Back to top Go down

Post by andrei (MEM) Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:44 pm

snake order is available in DDSPB3
andrei (MEM)
andrei (MEM)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:45 pm

I'd really love to have the Bulls. They're the team I support since I started following NBA, and I just love their core of Noah, Taj, D-Rose, Jimmy Buckets, even though I might not be able to win a championship with them. I'd pick the Bulls in a GM draft if I could choose 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 30th, does not matter, as long as they are open.

But I'll stick to any team.

I suggest we can do something like that:

We have 30 GMs. Everyone has their favorite franchise, can be because they support the franchise IRL or because they are connected to the franchise through CSL.
So ask GMs a question: if you could choose a team to start, what would it be? No 1st, 2nd or 3rd option. Only one team.

We have 30 GMs so there would be few "draws". But, if two GMs chose CHI, for example, would mean that no one has chosen BOS. So we could hold a draw between the x teams that have chosen CHI and whoever loses picks BOS.

If you don't like the idea, I then support Jamal's idea of a fantasy draft and GMs choosing their franchises without knowing their rosters. If I had the opportunity, I'd still pick da Bulls!
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by bt (SAC) Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:45 pm

Dennis (BOS) wrote:
bt (TOR) wrote:I'm really easy with the team selection. I mean yeah some people want a team they follow or where they live but you'll make it your own anyway after time passes.

If we Start over please as fast as possible. As soon as file is updated we should immediately Start to assign the GMs to get it started quickly. So if a Fantasy draft will be done we should do it as fast as possible.

Team assignment doesn't need to wait for the file though.

Someone should just run a mini GM lottery system. 3, 2, 1 where 3 is your first preference. Then all points totalled and those GM's get a percentage based on if it's 3, 2 or 1 and then the GM is chosen.

More involved and extra work but a could be a way to kill some time I guess, lol.
bt (SAC)
bt (SAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dqchen87 (CAVS) Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:46 pm

Jamal (NYK) wrote:

Good call on the snake order, yea I don't recall it being an option on the game.

Just thinking out loud, how about we use another system like 2K14 to complete our fantasy draft, then commish will simply follow and create the rooster in DD3.
2K14 have some decent logic in place, as it tried to draft a full team.
Dqchen87 (CAVS)
Dqchen87 (CAVS)

Back to top Go down

Post by bestnamezRtaken (POR) Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:47 pm

So a couple of options.

Everyone keeps the team they have right now, and a fantasy draft is auto simmed and everyone just keeps the teams they have, no trading teams.

A default NBA roster with a GM draft that is randomized.

I don't like the idea of switching teams. If we are doing a fantasy draft, there's really no need to have your favorite team, it's going to be different anyways. I know everyone now as the team they have now. Let's keep it that way unless we do a GM draft with default NBA rosters.
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:48 pm

GreenBear (MEM) wrote:
Jamal (NYK) wrote:

Those are valid concerns, but personally, I just liked the idea that it would be the most fair option. Are some teams going to still be better than others? Of course, but it would all be chance. You don't really know which teams are the best until after you pick them. I think this would alleviate everyone fighting over a handful of teams.

Last time I did a fantasy Draft in PB3 I remember Anthony Davis being selected over few great players, currently better than him. I think game values potential to when you ask it to draft BPA.
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next