CSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Forum.
by Stockton12 (UTA) Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 pm

» Ready, Set, Go!
by Dennis (BOS) Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

» HOUSTON ROCKETS TRADE BLOCK
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 am

» Mike D'antoni
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

» Magic Fire
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 am

» Chicago Bulls TB
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am

» Chicago Sign
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 am

» T.R. Dunn (10 characters)
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am

» Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 am

State of CSL - Feedback Needed

+22
StOfTheStep (PHI)
andrei (MEM)
Dqchen87 (CAVS)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Higrade (LAC)
bt (SAC)
emplep7 (DET)
Cyrisnyte (SAS)
Benripcity (MIA)
Jestor (LAL)
BizGilwalker (HOU)
Jamal (CHA)
dapralbe (ATL)
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)
GreenBear (PHX)
RobIII(GSW)
Stockton12 (UTA)
Dennis (BOS)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
Jake0890 (WAS)
Myles (SAS)
Dylan (BKN)
26 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Which option do you prefer?

State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 7 Vote_lcap13%State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 7 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 7 Vote_lcap71%State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 7 Vote_rcap 71% 
[ 17 ]
State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 7 Vote_lcap0%State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 7 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 7 Vote_lcap16%State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 7 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 24

State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 7 Empty Re: State of CSL - Feedback Needed

Post by StOfTheStep (PHI) Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:30 pm

Sorry for the late reponse, but yesterday was a relatively busy day for me. As far as my opinion is concerned (if it hasn't already been finalized yet):
-I think we should just continue going the course. Frankly speaking, this league seems to be well entrenched in the current program and player settings so that the more experienced, loyal GMs are rightfully benefitting. Although the league may not score just as the actual NBA, the simulations are close enough to the real life players that knowledgable GMs know what to expect (at least for the most part considering the programs function). Let's face it, it is a sim league for a reason and to say the is such a thing as a program without flaws is unfathomable.

Now after quickly skimming through this thread, it appears that we are restarting the league without contraction? If this is the case, I think this would be the second best option, as I think changing a few stats within the current league would just cause additional problems as certain GMs might be upset with their current squad radically changing from what they created. Lastly, echoing GreenBear's earlier comments, I think us newer, inexperienced GMs would find ourselves on the short end of the stick, for obvious reasons.

Finally, I would like to applaud the dedication of the admins of this league as their hard work has truly resulted in a polished product.

Whatever the outcome of this discussion, I would once again like to thank you for my inclusion in this league and your relentless efforts for making this league what it is today.
StOfTheStep (PHI)
StOfTheStep (PHI)

Back to top Go down

State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 7 Empty Re: State of CSL - Feedback Needed

Post by GreenBear (PHX) Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:41 pm

StOfTheStep (PHI) wrote:Sorry for the late reponse, but yesterday was a relatively busy day for me. As far as my opinion is concerned (if it hasn't already been finalized yet):
-I think we should just continue going the course. Frankly speaking, this league seems to be well entrenched in the current program and player settings so that the more experienced, loyal GMs are rightfully benefitting. Although the league may not score just as the actual NBA, the simulations are close enough to the real life players that knowledgable GMs know what to expect (at least for the most part considering the programs function). Let's face it, it is a sim league for a reason and to say the is such a thing as a program without flaws is unfathomable.

Now after quickly skimming through this thread, it appears that we are restarting the league without contraction? If this is the case, I think this would be the second best option, as I think changing a few stats within the current league would just cause additional problems as certain GMs might be upset with their current squad radically changing from what they created. Lastly, echoing GreenBear's earlier comments, I think us newer, inexperienced GMs would find ourselves on the short end of the stick, for obvious reasons.

Finally, I would like to applaud the dedication of the admins of this league as their hard work has truly resulted in a polished product.

Whatever the outcome of this discussion, I would once again like to thank you for my inclusion in this league and your relentless efforts for making this league what it is today.

+1
GreenBear (PHX)
GreenBear (PHX)

Back to top Go down

Post by Myles (SAS) Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:40 pm

Newer GMs will be treated equally fair as older ones. No need to worry about that.
Myles (SAS)
Myles (SAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Higrade (LAC) Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:46 pm

I think the game-generated fantasy draft is the way to go, but that's just me. Seems it's not the consensus so it won't happen - but I think there should be an official vote. Random rosters, or current nba rosters, simple.

That being said, if I end up #1 for example, I'm definitely picking the team with the most talent and most trade bait. I'd do it for whatever spot I ended up as and I'm sure a lot of other people would.

Also think whoever ends up with pick #30 is going to be pissed. Which is one reason why I like the random rosters idea, because if you simulate a fantasy draft in DDS, the rosters will be 10x more balanced, making competition a lot better.
Higrade (LAC)
Higrade (LAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyJakkz (ORL) Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:50 pm

Vote for restart no contraction which is obviously in the lead so that seems to be the direction.

No to fantasy draft or random rosters of said teams, if so I appreciate the time and effort etc put into the League by the admins, GM's, but I'd eject myself from GM'ing a team.

If rosters/ assets are true to NBA counterparts it'd be easier to associate with and know where you're starting and with who and what assets as well.

IQ is the biggest denominator here in my mind in conjunction with the ratings and has been thoroughly ignored by the admins.

Marcus Smart 84 IQ as a rookie instantly making him a smarter player than Tony Parker and Chris Paul should never happen in any League.

McGary's 91 IQ put him on par with Ricky Rubio and the only saving grace was his ratings weren't too high or he'd easily have been the MDE, most dominating ever.

Just a few examples, if those aren't corrected then all of this will be for naught.

Also as a rookie GM I was under the impression Coaches had some type of influence on the actual game itself but found out you can adjust strats which made them obsolete practically which was a letdown as you hire a coach with a certain philosophy to run your team and accumulate players that fit the coaches philosophy irl which makes things more realistic.

Anyway restart, nix contraction and I appreciate the James Harden love Marcos but from your description of the real life Rockets it doesn't appear you watch them too much.

Beverly and Jones are not 3pt shooters etc.
WillyJakkz (ORL)
WillyJakkz (ORL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan (BKN) Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:52 pm

I don't think a random draft is a viable option. It's just WAY to risky, and could end really badly. #1 seems to be the safest option.
Dylan (BKN)
Dylan (BKN)
Admin

https://csleague.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LakeshowAK7 (OKC) Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:19 pm

Great post Willy.
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyJakkz (ORL) Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:18 pm

Also a couple/ few other things since we are rebooting (whether I'm participating or not dependent on fantasy draft decision):

Should consider adjusting ALL contracts to mirror real life (2013-2014): Miami Big 3 w/ chance to opt in/ out, John Wall/ Paul George/ Kenneth Faried (to name a few who were not correct), and Andrew Bynum real life contract. There may be more, not sure based off my CSL memory of those guys.

And for the love of the basketball gods please adjust Kobe's 50 HDL, WS (I'm assuming) got that very wrong.

Anyway, great job and you guys have your work cut out for you, appreciate you listening.
WillyJakkz (ORL)
WillyJakkz (ORL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Myles (SAS) Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:47 pm

Can confirm contracts will be fixed and adjusted
Myles (SAS)
Myles (SAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by blackice (TOR) Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:14 pm

Damn, ya'll couldn't hold it together while I was gone?
blackice (TOR)
blackice (TOR)

Back to top Go down

Post by goikiri (IND) Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:11 am

I am late, any decision to be taken will be accepted by me. Sounded good the contracted league with fewer teams... although I could have been one of the cut GMs  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
goikiri (IND)
goikiri (IND)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizzo (NY) Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:34 am

Been MIA for a while and I apologize, but I have been in discussions with Myles, SS and Dylan about everything going on and I am truly excited that we are restarting this league. I loved having Anthony Davis and Marcus Smart but honestly felt like it was cheating with how good Smart was so soon. Plus, with the scoring being so damn high, there was almost zero enjoyment for me. It wasn't even close to realistic numbers. Yes, we can argue that sim leagues shouldn't resemble real life, but I want my game to be somewhat realistic and not crazily out of whack like it was in this league.

I voted for a restart with no contraction. Although the random draft seems very intriguing, it seems like too many GMs would be against it. I would gladly accept any random roster thrown my way, but if it is safer to allow teams to pick their teams and know what they're getting into, I would stick with that.

As for the future draft picks and all that, I think we need to mirror real life to make it "even". People were saying that a random draft would balance out the league, but if we just go with true-to-life rosters, we need to make sure that teams that have collected assets in the form of first round draft picks (like my hometown Boston Celtics), they need to have those assets in order to provide them with a chance to become better faster. Would be against just giving everyone their two picks per year at the start of the season. I also think the future draft pick compensation needs to be only within three years.

The admin team is very excited for this. Like Myles said earlier, this is, and will be, the one and only restart in CSL history. We are working out all of the kinks to make sure we eliminate as many problems as possible as well as to not implement new ones. We are making this transition as fast as possible so stick around because I'm sure we will be beginning anew very, very soon.

Thank you for your patience with us. I know the simming has been sporadic lately and it is because we have been working on preparing for this restart as we assumed that many of you would be in favor of it. I forget who mentioned it earlier in this thread, but I too would love to see an outcome to the season by simming it out just to get some closure on this chapter of the CSL.
Rizzo (NY)
Rizzo (NY)

Back to top Go down

Post by emplep7 (DET) Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:07 pm

Also, since we are using playoff rosters, I'm guessing were going to be using a file that has been updated using the rookies from this last season (Giannis, MCW, Bennet, etc.) and they wont have the same ratings as those guys have from our created draft class right?
emplep7 (DET)
emplep7 (DET)

Back to top Go down

Post by Myles (SAS) Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:05 pm

Correct. Anthony Bennett, Victor Oladipo, and all the guys from the real 2013 draft class will be on rosters and will have current ratings reflecting the previous season they had. Potential ratings are a bit iffy because we still don't know any of their real potentials, so I'm doing the best I can to create good rookies for everyone.
Myles (SAS)
Myles (SAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7