CSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Forum.
by Stockton12 (UTA) Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 pm

» Ready, Set, Go!
by Dennis (BOS) Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

» HOUSTON ROCKETS TRADE BLOCK
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 am

» Mike D'antoni
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

» Magic Fire
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 am

» Chicago Bulls TB
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am

» Chicago Sign
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 am

» T.R. Dunn (10 characters)
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am

» Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 am

State of CSL - Feedback Needed

+22
StOfTheStep (PHI)
andrei (MEM)
Dqchen87 (CAVS)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Higrade (LAC)
bt (SAC)
emplep7 (DET)
Cyrisnyte (SAS)
Benripcity (MIA)
Jestor (LAL)
BizGilwalker (HOU)
Jamal (CHA)
dapralbe (ATL)
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)
GreenBear (PHX)
RobIII(GSW)
Stockton12 (UTA)
Dennis (BOS)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
Jake0890 (WAS)
Myles (SAS)
Dylan (BKN)
26 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Which option do you prefer?

State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 4 Vote_lcap13%State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 4 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 4 Vote_lcap71%State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 4 Vote_rcap 71% 
[ 17 ]
State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 4 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 4 Vote_lcap16%State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 4 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 24

State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 4 Empty Re: State of CSL - Feedback Needed

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:00 am

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

Detailed info about every pick that has been traded. I'll paste it to an excel file in a more organized way and with pick protections (only 1st round protection, I'll consider 2nd rounders as unprotected). Then I can send Dylan / Myles the file if we decide to restart with those picks traded too.
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 4 Empty Re: State of CSL - Feedback Needed

Post by Dennis (BOS) Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:05 am

Yeah was refering to another Page, but looks pretty much the same. Though there are a lot Crazy Options for picks. Like the swap option Boston owns. No idea if we are able to implement all those Options if we restart and handle the picks that way. (A lot ifs here)
Whatever. Believe all GMs active voted already. There arent more than 20 active ones I believe.

Last edited by Dennis (BOS) on Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stockton12 (UTA) Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:11 am

Dennis (BOS) wrote:Yeah was refering to another Page, but looks pretty much the same. Though there are a lot Crazy Options for picks. Like the swap option Boston owns. No idea if we are able to implement all those Options if we restart and handle the picks that way. (A lot ifs here)
Whatever. Believe all GMs active voted already. There arent more than 20 active ones I believe, lol.

yeah makes u think about what team u might take if theres a restart and depending on what route the commish takes in getting teams ...looking forward to taking one

not a fan of the coaches aspect thou in what people have surgested thou its sounds like a good idea
Stockton12 (UTA)
Stockton12 (UTA)

Back to top Go down

Post by dapralbe (ATL) Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:44 am

Dennis (BOS) wrote:
Marcos_Beck (OKC) wrote:
Myles (SAS) wrote:I might be okay with the idea of using coach strategies, I mean, isn't that part of being a GM in real life? We can't really run the coaching from the office suites.

I'd hate this idea.
Real coaches can adjust to their philosophies on the fly during the season if things are not working well for them. We can do it too, setting strategies to every game.
What if we can only use coach strats? Well, there would be a waterfall of coach fires at every 3-4 losses. We'd be "fixed" and could not be able to change anything so the only way would be firing a coach and bringing another one with completely different philosophies to make your team work. I'm against it.

Dont like it either. Are we even able to see the strat a coach plays before we hired him?
Anyway in reallife it Happens coaches have to adjust their tactics because of the players they have.. They Couldnt do that here, so you would have to trade for players that fit coaches tactics. While its somehow realistisc as GMs have to do it in reallife too, I believe I prefer Building our own Type of teams. And not the Type of teams the coaches want.

Still Marcos is right. Jamal is running those strat too in the NLL as far as I remember and he is doing great too over there despite the players he has doesnt really it into that style of play. Anyway you always have to Pay with injuries with 10,10,10 tactics. So I believe its fair. Just look at the NLL all teams with 10,10,10 have major injuries. I know its the DDS2 Engine but look at Utah. He had a lot injuries too.

if the gods is real all computers that are going well in the league put in the minimum four 10-9-8 philosophies which is the trick, for no fault nontener lost no injuries etc, put an area like almost 8-10 all the aforementioned teams, when I started I put everything except aggressive zone 1 that was the reason for not putting uptown injuries, which as I explained the pressure makes you a press area and keep all stops are benefits, which do not have or have bad defenses to be a team defense favors them and fewer injuries. in real life this does not happen because the area hustling tired, you make mistakes and injure the same, it is a fault of the game, miami also played around with tens op 8 except pace with these clear invincible players.

dapralbe (ATL)
dapralbe (ATL)

Back to top Go down

Post by dapralbe (ATL) Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:54 am

the most important philosophies to put tens are these four di full court zone and offensively rebound, the pace and defensive rebounds are more concerning.
dapralbe (ATL)
dapralbe (ATL)

Back to top Go down

Post by dapralbe (ATL) Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:01 am

but I would like to give my opinion, dylan and myles becbo have a great job, but so does gary as a perfect game says myles It would take a lot and it is very difficult to adjust player ratings and improvements to real life, always some trick is discovered to optimize the resources of the ratings so I think k the best idea is k have commented, start but all play with the coach only exercise of managers this could solve many things, you could hire a coach for the profile of our team or philosophy and not rely so heavily on ratings.
dapralbe (ATL)
dapralbe (ATL)

Back to top Go down

Post by dapralbe (ATL) Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:05 am

I would also like to apologize for my bad English and some eats ments that might not have been understood, always wanted to explain with my English, but from now on I will always use the translator, so I think we understand much better thanks.
dapralbe (ATL)
dapralbe (ATL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:25 am

Well I'm guessing giving the popularity of restarting and the fact that we missed another sim last night, we are fully moving towards a restart?

Using coach strategies would be interesting, but it would be frustrating. You couldn't change your strats without firing your coach, and most coaches wouldn't last a month on one team.

And the picks should be the same as real life. There's no reason for the Heat and all the elite teams to have their picks back while the rebuilding teams are now in even worse shape.

Last edited by Jake0890 (MIN) on Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by dapralbe (ATL) Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:37 am

Now I was thinking something else because instead of putting the strategies of coach is he could take the area and pressure to the entire field as standard settings on all computers, since in real life not just save used in rare cases and Playing with rebounds and defense pace as variables with this many things fixed, that no opinais managers
dapralbe (ATL)
dapralbe (ATL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:01 am

In my opinion philosophies arent the Problem. The ratings are the problem. Scr, steal (what Dylan Called defense in his opener) and %s.
If you want to play 10/10/10, why not. You will get more wins (maybe), but you also Risk to lose your stars for several days/months.

I believe the majority seems to vote in favour of a restart. So it seems there is a restart coming. Like Dylan said the file will be finished soon, afterwards a decision will be finally made, I believe.
We need the file first anyway, I assume everybody wants to look at players Ratings before he chooses his team anyway. Afterwards there are still questions to be answered. For example how to assign GMs to teams. But better Focus on finalizing the file instead of simming.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by dapralbe (ATL) Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:06 am

the problem comes from the ratings and the philosophies of the two sites, I am in favor of the amendment of the ratings but for the future could also set in the full court and the actual values ​​of the game, you think basketball ten actual attacks, many times the other defends equiponte entire field or area at most one.
dapralbe (ATL)
dapralbe (ATL)

Back to top Go down

Post by dapralbe (ATL) Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:16 am

no ratings also important to consider which are the endurance and discipline, or have all players similar resistance values ​​should change, if you put all above 90 do not tire with a proper strategy putting k sucrase benefits, as k discipline and defense and scoring, but not easy either by adjusting player that player.
dapralbe (ATL)
dapralbe (ATL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamal (CHA) Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:24 am

If strategies can't be changed I'm totally out personally. Getting rid of those really kills the game for me. It clearly benefits the best players IMO, making it more difficult to build team oriented rosters. Not to mention that having a great coach would also be a factor.

If using 10s in some categories is a bug as I read, then it has the easieast solution by the ones thinking that way: use it yourserself! That way you'll be in equal condition. Even more, you can use your strat in general games, and change it against the teams you think are using that 'bug'.
But then don't complain if your center or certain player just plays 30min per game because he fouls out every single game, or if a player gets injured or whatever.
Yet no one mentions the 'offensive sets'. That's a pretty defining parameter that was implemented in DDSPB3, and that also pays a high role in the strat. At least my teams outcome would be totally different with the same 10s but a different offensive set. Yet we don't talk about it...

I have another thing that looks pretty much more unfair here, but no-one mentions: the teams we start with. The first 2 season it's pretty obvious that a bunch of teams have the best chance to win, such as Miami, OKC, LAC mostly. Yeah, it's the way it is, and it has a difficult 'solution'. At least with the strat you can change it and use all 10s if you think that's the most efficient one.
But if I had the Grizzlies with Marc and Zo-Bob, for example, I wouldn't be using that 10s strat myself. Don't know if using 1s instead would be considered a bug in the future, but at least isn't right now.

And there's also another thing about using coaches strats: by using them, there's a parameter that comes into play that's not the same for every coach: the 'strategy'. This parameter comes to play a role in simed games outcome, and there's great difference between the coaches on them.
Not to mention that most coaches use (I guess it's because they moved them from DDSPB2) the Standard offensive set, so it's not like we can get a coach that uses certain offensive set, cause there's probably just 2 or 3 of them, and they might have awkward parameters in the rest.

What I propose if we restart, is making a lottery to determine what GM picks team first. I know you'll say it's unfair, because you chose the team because of the franchise (and I'm sure there people how did that, as I did it myself as a Knicks fan), but then I'm sure that if we do so, the 3 teams I mentioned earlier would be taken by the first 5 GMs, forgetting about the 'colors' I'm sure we'll all mention now to avoid the change.
Jamal (CHA)
Jamal (CHA)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:32 am

Good points Jamal. Though Ive to admit I would love to keep the Celtics. I believe its a team that wont make the playoffs and there wont be so many GMs interested in taking them over. But joining the leauge I chose to manage them because I love the Franchise, there were way better teams open the day I finally found the Csl page. Same reason you chose the Knicks. Like said, assigning GMs to teams would be the Major Problem if we restart.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by dapralbe (ATL) Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:37 am

I personally like to be who I am portland fan, and I do not care who had the worst ratings, but would be with the team I like, because I never had the chance to have
dapralbe (ATL)
dapralbe (ATL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:53 am

Dennis (BOS) wrote:Good points Jamal. Though Ive to admit I would love to keep the Celtics. I believe its a team that wont make the playoffs and there wont be so many GMs interested in taking them over. But joining the leauge I chose to manage them because I love the Franchise, there were way better teams open the day I finally found the Csl page. Same reason you chose the Knicks. Like said, assigning GMs to teams would be the Major Problem if we restart.

I don't think picking teams is that much of a problem. A lottery/draft seems overly complicated and not necessary.

The last time we had to pick teams when the league was created I don't think there was a problem. IIRC, everyone submitted a list of their top 3 teams, and they were assigned that way.
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by bt (SAC) Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:04 am

I follow the Heat but even if they were available, I wouldn't want them here.

Should just assign teams based on current CSL standings or give the top rank first choice. I'll take the worst overall, lol.
bt (SAC)
bt (SAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:16 am

Oh bt, please not. Im really not in the mood to take over a rebuilding team again..
After I put in so much effort to finally get the Type of players I want Im not in the mood to do all this hard work again, haha..
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by bt (SAC) Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:25 am

Don't take Boston then, lol.
bt (SAC)
bt (SAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamal (CHA) Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:27 am

@Jake: The first CSL it was first come first serve, and you can imagine what the first teams to be picked where. And hour was set to start picking, and in 3 minutes half of the teams were picked. I remember even 3 GMs picking the same team, then the 'slower' two wanting another one and editing the post, but obviously editing the post wasn't allowed, etc.

From then on there has been some kind of preference to keep the team, so no one lost the privileges from that day and could keep their team if wanted, as I did for example.

@DennisJ: I understand you point. As I mentioned, I know theres people linked to a team, and Riot and MKE is the first one that comes to mind for me, and not the only one. I'm pretty sure he would pick the Bucks even if able to choose from the 30 teams, and so will others, you included, and myself with the Knicks. But I just realize there might be another Bucks, Knicks or whatever team fan that also deserves to pick his team.
Anyway, overall most GMs would chose MIA, OKC, LAC or whatever top teams first, that's for sure, just because having that rosters it's a huge advantage, even if you don't like their players, since you can get nearly whoever you want by trading LeBron if you don't like him.

A great idea comes to mind here: If it's all about the teams and franchises, we could select/keep the franchises the way you are predicting to do it, whatever it is,  but with just one change: we won't know the players every franchise has. A automatic fantasy draft could be run using the game, and after one mouse click and just some seconds of wait, players would be assigned to teams. That way I could chose the Celtics or whatever team I like, cause that's what's important, regardless of the players.
It would also be a way on not having MIA, OKC winning the first two seasons, and making the restart more fair to anyone.

I know everyone prefers to chose their players, but I think it should be more about making the league as fair as we can, and as even as we can for everyone.
This way most sure most of the GMs would like to make some trades cause they didn't select their players, and would make the league much more intriguing than just having most stars locked in their teams from day one, of half of the teams having an advantage because stars/best players are mostly paired in an small amount of teams.
Jamal (CHA)
Jamal (CHA)

Back to top Go down

Post by bt (SAC) Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:35 am

I think that's a really good idea actually. Pick your team but sim the draft and you get whoever the game assigns you.

Could make it really entertaining by releasing the rosters a certain way. Log on to find out who you got, etc.
bt (SAC)
bt (SAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:44 am

Oh, my bad Jamal. I guess I remembered it wrong.

I hate the idea of a fantasy draft though, even if everyone doesn't get to pick their players. Who cares if Miami and OKC have an advantage at the beginning? It evens out. Detroit and New York start out with bad rosters, but look where they are now: they both have better records than both Miami and OKC. There's always going to be teams that are better than the others, and a fantasy draft isn't going to change that.
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:46 am

bt (TOR) wrote:Don't take Boston then, lol.

Boston is in the rebuild mode but has a great Core. Was Talking about teams like MKE and the Sixers.

Jamal (NYK) wrote:@Jake: The first CSL it was first come first serve, and you can imagine what the first teams to be picked where. And hour was set to start picking, and in 3 minutes half of the teams were picked. I remember even 3 GMs picking the same team, then the 'slower' two wanting another one and editing the post, but obviously editing the post wasn't allowed, etc.

From then on there has been some kind of preference to keep the team, so no one lost the privileges from that day and could keep their team if wanted, as I did for example.

@DennisJ: I understand you point. As I mentioned, I know theres people linked to a team, and Riot and MKE is the first one that comes to mind for me, and not the only one. I'm pretty sure he would pick the Bucks even if able to choose from the 30 teams, and so will others, you included, and myself with the Knicks. But I just realize there might be another Bucks, Knicks or whatever team fan that also deserves to pick his team.
Anyway, overall most GMs would chose MIA, OKC, LAC or whatever top teams first, that's for sure, just because having that rosters it's a huge advantage, even if you don't like their players, since you can get nearly whoever you want by trading LeBron if you don't like him.

A great idea comes to mind here: If it's all about the teams and franchises, we could select/keep the franchises the way you are predicting to do it, whatever it is,  but with just one change: we won't know the players every franchise has. A automatic fantasy draft could be run using the game, and after one mouse click and just some seconds of wait, players would be assigned to teams. That way I could chose the Celtics or whatever team I like, cause that's what's important, regardless of the players.
It would also be a way on not having MIA, OKC winning the first two seasons, and making the restart more fair to anyone.

I know everyone prefers to chose their players, but I think it should be more about making the league as fair as we can, and as even as we can for everyone.
This way most sure most of the GMs would like to make some trades cause they didn't select their players, and would make the league much more intriguing than just having most stars locked in their teams from day one, of half of the teams having an advantage because stars/best players are mostly paired in an small amount of teams.

Interesting Option. Though there are maybe guys that want the teams to look like the reallife ones. Though Jamals suggestion would be the most fair one. Somehow like it. Was shocked to read it was so easy to assign the GMs in the first run.. Good to see its like in every other League not that easy Very Happy
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by andrei (MEM) Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:06 am

can't believe my man D-Lillard is going to go extinct and replaced with a shadow of himself  Sad
but it had to be done. We have a term for 'supercoaches' well now we can see that we need one for 'superplayers' also.
I like changes so a restart is welcome. We restart to solve a few issues but need to make sure that we do not cause more.
Happy that there is going to be no contraction although this does not mean that the commissioners are not going to evict a few GMs.
I actually prefer using dropbox to attaching files and thought it is easier for simmers. But if not then attaching files to posts is not a big deal.
Scouting – I think Jeff mentioned moving to a Number rating but this was discussed a while ago already and we agreed that numbers will just give you too much info and the picks will be very obvious.
Really like the Personal GM goals from Marcos. We shoudn’t just say that we expect people to be active but put it into numbers. Did not like the team goals though, but maybe something can be done there with Jamal’s Dynasty tracker.
Did not yet see a suggestion in relation to Coaches and Philosophies/offensive sets that I liked so prefer to keep them as-is. If 10101010 is the best one then everyone is free to use it.
Happy to pick a team and do an auto-draft as Jamal suggested. Great idea. Teams are going to look very different after one season anyway so there is no reason to start with exactly the same rosters as NBA
Finally, thanks to the Admins for not being afraid to make bold moves

Last edited by andrei (POR) on Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
andrei (MEM)
andrei (MEM)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyrisnyte (SAS) Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:40 am

Ya, it will be tough for those who are rebuilding. I mean I walked into a perfect scenario having the 1st pick and landing Wiggins. The roster already had Giannis and Noel so I had the start of my own "big 3" so to speak.

I'm sure some people who joined took whatever team was open so they may not want to stick with that team. As Dennis mentioned as well, some GMs have put the time in to rebuild their team to what they want. I think of Jamal, Dennis, Bestnames, etc. It is hard to see all your work going by the wayside.

We all have a favorite team. With Myles stepping down, you know I'm thinking of San Antonio. I've only had them in one league and it only lasted a season. I agree with Jamal that we can't just do the "Oklahoma Land Rush" scenario for teams.

I don't know honestly, I think it's a tough decision to make in regards to team selection. I'm here and I'm happy to be here. Just want to see what is the next step.

Cyrisnyte (SAS)
Cyrisnyte (SAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next