CSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Forum.
by Stockton12 (UTA) Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 pm

» Ready, Set, Go!
by Dennis (BOS) Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

» HOUSTON ROCKETS TRADE BLOCK
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 am

» Mike D'antoni
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

» Magic Fire
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 am

» Chicago Bulls TB
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am

» Chicago Sign
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 am

» T.R. Dunn (10 characters)
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am

» Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 am

State of CSL - Feedback Needed

+22
StOfTheStep (PHI)
andrei (MEM)
Dqchen87 (CAVS)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Higrade (LAC)
bt (SAC)
emplep7 (DET)
Cyrisnyte (SAS)
Benripcity (MIA)
Jestor (LAL)
BizGilwalker (HOU)
Jamal (CHA)
dapralbe (ATL)
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)
GreenBear (PHX)
RobIII(GSW)
Stockton12 (UTA)
Dennis (BOS)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
Jake0890 (WAS)
Myles (SAS)
Dylan (BKN)
26 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Which option do you prefer?

State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 6 Vote_lcap13%State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 6 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 6 Vote_lcap71%State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 6 Vote_rcap 71% 
[ 17 ]
State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 6 Vote_lcap0%State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 6 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 6 Vote_lcap16%State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 6 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 24

State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 6 Empty Re: State of CSL - Feedback Needed

Post by Cyrisnyte (SAS) Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:51 pm

bestnamezRtaken (DAL) wrote:So a couple of options.

Everyone keeps the team they have right now, and a fantasy draft is auto simmed and everyone just keeps the teams they have, no trading teams.

A default NBA roster with a GM draft that is randomized.

I don't like the idea of switching teams. If we are doing a fantasy draft, there's really no need to have your favorite team, it's going to be different anyways. I know everyone now as the team they have now. Let's keep it that way unless we do a GM draft with default NBA rosters.

In theory it's a good idea but you will have people drop out right away. Who wants to get saddled with some horrible contract.

In my opinion - NO WAY - we do a fantasy draft. A random draft for GM as Tim said is the way to go in my opinion. Again, people can have 2 or 3 days to trade teams.

My 2 cents.
Cyrisnyte (SAS)
Cyrisnyte (SAS)

Back to top Go down

State of CSL - Feedback Needed - Page 6 Empty Re: State of CSL - Feedback Needed

Post by Dennis (BOS) Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:52 pm

Marcos_Beck (OKC) wrote:I'd really love to have the Bulls. They're the team I support since I started following NBA, and I just love their core of Noah, Taj, D-Rose, Jimmy Buckets, even though I might not be able to win a championship with them. I'd pick the Bulls in a GM draft if I could choose 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 30th, does not matter, as long as they are open.

But I'll stick to any team.

I suggest we can do something like that:

We have 30 GMs. Everyone has their favorite franchise, can be because they support the franchise IRL or because they are connected to the franchise through CSL.
So ask GMs a question: if you could choose a team to start, what would it be? No 1st, 2nd or 3rd option. Only one team.

We have 30 GMs so there would be few "draws". But, if two GMs chose CHI, for example, would mean that no one has chosen BOS. So we could hold a draw between the x teams that have chosen CHI and whoever loses picks BOS.

If you don't like the idea, I then support Jamal's idea of a fantasy draft and GMs choosing their franchises without knowing their rosters. If I had the opportunity, I'd still pick da Bulls!

Suggested that one a few posts ago Razz..
Though Boston would be my call:)
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jestor (LAL) Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:53 pm

bestnamezRtaken (DAL) wrote:S
If we are doing a fantasy draft, there's really no need to have your favorite team, it's going to be different anyways.

Actually that's all the more reason to have your favorite team. A lot of GMs pick teams based on the situation they offer, not their favorite team, so if we're doing team selection before an AI fantasy draft, that's precisely the time you want a favorite team.
Jestor (LAL)
Jestor (LAL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jestor (LAL) Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:55 pm

Cyrisnyte (ORL) wrote:
bestnamezRtaken (DAL) wrote:So a couple of options.

Everyone keeps the team they have right now, and a fantasy draft is auto simmed and everyone just keeps the teams they have, no trading teams.

A default NBA roster with a GM draft that is randomized.

I don't like the idea of switching teams. If we are doing a fantasy draft, there's really no need to have your favorite team, it's going to be different anyways. I know everyone now as the team they have now. Let's keep it that way unless we do a GM draft with default NBA rosters.

In theory it's a good idea but you will have people drop out right away.  Who wants to get saddled with some horrible contract.

In my opinion - NO WAY - we do a fantasy draft.  A random draft for GM as Tim said is the way to go in my opinion.  Again, people can have 2 or 3 days to trade teams.

My 2 cents.

Yeah I'm not crazy about a fantasy draft myself. I think it leads to less overall engagement with the league and its teams, and less activity. Pretty sure we saw that with NAH, and that's where GMs were drafting their own teams via fantasy.
Jestor (LAL)
Jestor (LAL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:56 pm

And yeah, Jeff could be right with his Post. The more I think about it a Fantasy draft would be fair but if someone Takes the actual Celtics ,like i would do, I know I have a team with no Chance to win it all. If you get players by random the Chance is higher GMs will leave.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by bt (SAC) Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:57 pm

Restarting is risking less overall engagement anyway. The teams, the trades, the work, all gone with a restart. No different to a random fantasy draft, a normal fantasy draft or using real life rosters. The attachment is gone already.
bt (SAC)
bt (SAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:58 pm

Dennis (BOS) wrote:
Marcos_Beck (OKC) wrote:I'd really love to have the Bulls. They're the team I support since I started following NBA, and I just love their core of Noah, Taj, D-Rose, Jimmy Buckets, even though I might not be able to win a championship with them. I'd pick the Bulls in a GM draft if I could choose 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 30th, does not matter, as long as they are open.

But I'll stick to any team.

I suggest we can do something like that:

We have 30 GMs. Everyone has their favorite franchise, can be because they support the franchise IRL or because they are connected to the franchise through CSL.
So ask GMs a question: if you could choose a team to start, what would it be? No 1st, 2nd or 3rd option. Only one team.

We have 30 GMs so there would be few "draws". But, if two GMs chose CHI, for example, would mean that no one has chosen BOS. So we could hold a draw between the x teams that have chosen CHI and whoever loses picks BOS.

If you don't like the idea, I then support Jamal's idea of a fantasy draft and GMs choosing their franchises without knowing their rosters. If I had the opportunity, I'd still pick da Bulls!

Suggested that one a few posts ago Razz..
Though Boston would be my call:)

Sorry DJ, I missed that post :/
My bad man!

Anyway, if we're to restart the league, let's start it as soon as possible! With nothing happening at the NBA right now (until FA moratorium is lifted, at least), the world becomes pretty boring LOL. I'm basketball driven and I can't stand being without CSL and NBA both at the same time!
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:59 pm

bt (TOR) wrote:Restarting is risking less overall engagement anyway. The teams, the trades, the work, all gone with a restart. No different to a random fantasy draft, a normal fantasy draft or using real life rosters. The attachment is gone already.

But moreso when you pick the teams before you even get a chance to look at their roster. I'm not saying I want the best roster because, quite honestly, I don't find it fun to start at the top, but getting stuck with a god awful team that you didn't have any say in creating isn't fun either.

I say no draft, fantasy or random. Keep the rosters as is.

But whatever is decided by the admins, hopefully it is decided soon.
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by bestnamezRtaken (POR) Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:03 pm

Also, I've got an Invisionfree message board and I just checked, it does allow you to upload .tem files directly in posts.

http://www.invisionfree.com/

You can register and tinker around with it.
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:03 pm

Jake0890 (MIN) wrote:
bt (TOR) wrote:Restarting is risking less overall engagement anyway. The teams, the trades, the work, all gone with a restart. No different to a random fantasy draft, a normal fantasy draft or using real life rosters. The attachment is gone already.

But moreso when you pick the teams before you even get a chance to look at their roster. I'm not saying I want the best roster because, quite honestly, I don't find it fun to start at the top, but getting stuck with a god awful team that you didn't have any say in creating isn't fun either.

This.
+1 Jake nailed it.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dqchen87 (CAVS) Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:05 pm

Unless we continue as is, we will always have attachment problems.
I want Jrue Holiday over Ty Lawson all day.

The way I see it, every GM begin a rooster and they get to shape it.
I actually would argue that having restart/detachment is good thing, as it will allow more movement.
You can take a look around our league and there are guys that you know are not going to move (KD, Jrue, CP3, Duncan)
Dqchen87 (CAVS)
Dqchen87 (CAVS)

Back to top Go down

Post by RobIII(GSW) Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:05 pm

Yea I rather have the same roster than doing a fantasy draft. If we end up doing a fantady draft I prefer to be thr warriors. Ive been following them for the longest.
RobIII(GSW)
RobIII(GSW)

Back to top Go down

Post by GreenBear (PHX) Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:20 pm

Jake0890 (MIN) wrote:

You're not wrong, but (if we keep the nba rosters as is) what about the GMs that have the last pick for a team? They're still going to get stuck with a team that they wanted no part in. The GMs that pick 28th, 29th, and 30th are only going to be able to choose from the last few teams that no one roots for and no one likes their roster.
GreenBear (PHX)
GreenBear (PHX)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:23 pm

GreenBear (MEM) wrote:
Jake0890 (MIN) wrote:

You're not wrong, but (if we keep the nba rosters as is) what about the GMs that have the last pick for a team? They're still going to get stuck with a team that they wanted no part in. The GMs that pick 28th, 29th, and 30th are only going to be able to choose from the last few teams that no one roots for and no one likes their roster.

Wouldnt be different with a Fantasy draft.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:26 pm

GreenBear (MEM) wrote:
Jake0890 (MIN) wrote:

Like Dennis said, the fantasy draft doesn't fix that.

At least if we keep the rosters as is everyone knows what they're getting into when they pick a team. Random draft is just a crapshoot, and if you don't like what you got, well, you're shit out of luck.
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Benripcity (MIA) Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:27 pm

GreenBear (MEM) wrote:
Jake0890 (MIN) wrote:

In a snaked fantasy draft teams picking 30 39 and 28 would pick 1,2,3 in round 2 and so on. I actually prefer the lower part of a snaked draft when playing single player leagues at least
Benripcity (MIA)
Benripcity (MIA)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Benripcity (CHI) wrote:
GreenBear (MEM) wrote:
Jake0890 (MIN) wrote:

In a snaked fantasy draft teams picking 30 39 and 28 would pick 1,2,3 in round 2 and so on. I actually prefer the lower part of a snaked draft when playing single player leagues at least
A snake is fair; but like mentioned before, guys with bad contracts or lower ceilings would be picked really high as the eingine only looks at actual ratings.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan (BKN) Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:38 pm

Since picking a team seems to be a big controversy here, how about this:

Each GM lists 5 potential teams he'd like to GM, PM's it to the admins, and we then give each GM one team from their top 5, trying our hardest to get the highest ranked team possible.

This way, everyone ends up with a team they want.
Dylan (BKN)
Dylan (BKN)
Admin

https://csleague.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan (BKN) Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:38 pm

Also should note, we are never doing a fantasy draft.
Dylan (BKN)
Dylan (BKN)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bt (SAC) Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:40 pm

Yeah, team wise that's fine I think.

Player wise, there's no difference to not being a GM here, applying for a team, getting what you're given and working with that. Young talent, vets, bad contracts and all.

So, I think any option is fine. Fantasy, random, real life, really doesn't matter.
bt (SAC)
bt (SAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:41 pm

Dylan (SAC) wrote:Since picking a team seems to be a big controversy here, how about this:

Each GM lists 5 potential teams he'd like to GM, PM's it to the admins, and we then give each GM one team from their top 5, trying our hardest to get the highest ranked team possible.

Sounds fair. Dont wanna pressure. Is there any idea when the file will be finished/uploaded to take a look at the players?
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyrisnyte (SAS) Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:43 pm

Dylan (SAC) wrote:Since picking a team seems to be a big controversy here, how about this:

I agree this is fair. I would think that each GM should be able to land at least one of their 5 listed teams.
Cyrisnyte (SAS)
Cyrisnyte (SAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan (BKN) Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:45 pm

We're hoping to be done with the ratings by the end of the day today, and then we need a day or two to check/test them and make sure it's all good.
Dylan (BKN)
Dylan (BKN)
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GreenBear (PHX) Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:46 pm

Whatever the admins decide is fine. Honestly, my new roster can't possibly be worse than the Grizzlies one that I currently own.  Razz
GreenBear (PHX)
GreenBear (PHX)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:47 pm

Sounds good Dylan.

I'm guessing we'll be waiting until the new forums are set up to give our lists?
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next