CSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Forum.
by Stockton12 (UTA) Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 pm

» Ready, Set, Go!
by Dennis (BOS) Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

» HOUSTON ROCKETS TRADE BLOCK
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 am

» Mike D'antoni
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

» Magic Fire
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 am

» Chicago Bulls TB
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am

» Chicago Sign
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 am

» T.R. Dunn (10 characters)
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am

» Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 am

Picking Teams

+22
goikiri (IND)
Dylan (BKN)
WillyJakkz (ORL)
rh0xxy (MIN)
Jestor (LAL)
Higrade (LAC)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
Jamal (CHA)
Stockton12 (UTA)
Querejeta (WAS)
dapralbe (ATL)
BizGilwalker (HOU)
RobIII(GSW)
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)
andrei (MEM)
bt (SAC)
Jake0890 (WAS)
Dennis (BOS)
Cyrisnyte (SAS)
GreenBear (PHX)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Myles (SAS)
26 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Picking Teams - Page 3 Empty Re: Picking Teams

Post by LakeshowAK7 (OKC) Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:26 pm

yeah, with as antsy as everyone is, the sooner we start the team selection process, the sooner we can unofficially talk trade, which whill ease the pain of not simming right away, in my opinion.
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)

Back to top Go down

Post by bt (SAC) Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:54 pm

I'm fine either way but I'm seriously perplexed at some people threatening to leave if they don't get their way. Disagree and move on if it's not your preference but to leave? If I get a bad team, that's just more fun to try and turn it around.
bt (SAC)
bt (SAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyJakkz (ORL) Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:12 am

Who's out if they didn't get the team they want?

And yeah may be prudent to start team selection process while pm'ing any GM's who may not know what's going on so everyone knows what's happening.
WillyJakkz (ORL)
WillyJakkz (ORL)

Back to top Go down

Post by bt (SAC) Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:16 am

I didn't specify getting the right team. I just can't see why guys would threaten to leave if it was a fantasy draft. We all have a preference but if you've been here a while and are in the league, you're in regardless of the decision made.
bt (SAC)
bt (SAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Myles (SAS) Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:24 am

We aren't going to start selecting teams until the ratings are finalized. We will have things happening the next couple of days to keep everyone engaged
Myles (SAS)
Myles (SAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by GreenBear (PHX) Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:27 am

bt (TOR) wrote:I'm fine either way but I'm seriously perplexed at some people threatening to leave if they don't get their way. Disagree and move on if it's not your preference but to leave? If I get a bad team, that's just more fun to try and turn it around.

+1
GreenBear (PHX)
GreenBear (PHX)

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyJakkz (ORL) Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:50 am

Not a threat, just stating where I stand on the matter.

I wouldn't participate but there are plenty of GM's who'd be willing to step in, stockton12 is next in line.

Strictly speaking for myself of course.

Also why waste everyone's time with a fantasy draft if you get drafted a "bad" team? Just select a "bad" team and be done with it if you don't mind a "bad" team.
WillyJakkz (ORL)
WillyJakkz (ORL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:00 am

bt (TOR) wrote:I didn't specify getting the right team. I just can't see why guys would threaten to leave if it was a fantasy draft. We all have a preference but if you've been here a while and are in the league, you're in regardless of the decision made.

Saying it because I dont like Fantasy drafts. Like Willy said, there are enough GMs in the League actually and guys lining up to join. So losing me and Willy wouldnt be a Problem if its a Fantasy draft.
Like said before, I want to compare my achievements with the Real team ones etc. If we are going to play Fantasy teams its okay for me. I would concentrate on the NLL and let you guys have your fun here. Like said: what the majority wants. Also we didnt threat to leave. We assumed we wouldnt participate. IMO not the same. A csl with a Fantasy draft would be a different league. So its absolutely okay if somebody announces he wouldnt participate in a league completely different to the actual one. Just my thoughts.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by dapralbe (ATL) Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:24 am

totally agree with bt my amuses me a lot and I find it a privilege to participate because I love this and everything about this game, I do not care if it's fantasy draft, if I have the worst team in the world with all contracts of long duration , would be a double motivation to fix.

dapralbe (ATL)
dapralbe (ATL)

Back to top Go down

Post by dapralbe (ATL) Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:31 am

bt (TOR) wrote:I'm fine either way but I'm seriously perplexed at some people threatening to leave if they don't get their way. Disagree and move on if it's not your preference but to leave? If I get a bad team, that's just more fun to try and turn it around.

+1
dapralbe (ATL)
dapralbe (ATL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan (BKN) Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:32 am

We're not doing a fantasy draft. Just not gonna happen.
Dylan (BKN)
Dylan (BKN)
Admin

https://csleague.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GreenBear (PHX) Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:38 am

We all have our preferences. Some of us prefer a league with a computer simulated draft because it would even out the teams (for the most part, i get that it wouldn't be perfect. This has been touched upon several times.) and give teams back their normal draft picks. Some prefer GMs choosing a league with mirrored NBA rosters and picks because they want to compare achievements to the real team. And both groups have valid reasons.

But at the end of the day, it's a simulation league. You take the team that's given to you and you make it your own; be it a computer simulated draft roster, or your favorite NBA team's roster, or some crappy team you got stuck with because it was your only option (I'm looking at you CSL Memphis Grizzlies... haha).

And obviously I don't want anyone to leave the CSL. Especially guys like Dennis that are extremely active and have gone out of their way to befriend and help a n00b like myself on here. So at the end of the day, I may have my preferences, but I'd much rather go with the option that keeps most of the current league together because I'm still going to thoroughly enjoy myself on here.
GreenBear (PHX)
GreenBear (PHX)

Back to top Go down

Post by bt (SAC) Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:50 am

Dylan (SAC) wrote:We're not doing a fantasy draft. Just not gonna happen.

That's fine but remove it from the options then. Less debate.

Although my argument isn't about the rosters but more so not backing the CSL and taking a stance of leaving if you do this or that. I've already said I have a preference but I really don't care either way.
bt (SAC)
bt (SAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyJakkz (ORL) Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:50 am

Dylan (SAC) wrote:We're not doing a fantasy draft. Just not gonna happen.

Good to know as me personally with a fantasy draft, I would have absolutely no connection with the team as it would merely be a shell of said franchise and that's what I myself enjoy about Sim Leagues... the connection and association with the franchises players and history and how I could personally leave an imprint on the organization, whether positive or negative not just the "jersey itself".

So with that info being known I vote for whichever option is easiest for the admin team to execute, whether 5 team list or GM lottery.

WillyJakkz (ORL)
WillyJakkz (ORL)

Back to top Go down

Post by GreenBear (PHX) Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:59 am

I think people are misunderstanding Dylan again. When he says "no fantasy draft", he's saying that we're not going to individually pick our team one by one. He's not saying "no computer simulated draft".
GreenBear (PHX)
GreenBear (PHX)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan (BKN) Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:02 am

GreenBear (MEM) wrote:I think people are misunderstanding Dylan again. When he says "no fantasy draft", he's saying that we're not going to individually pick our team one by one. He's not saying "no computer simulated draft".
No. I'm saying there won't be anything like that. No fantasy draft/computer simulated draft or anything like that. Normal rosters.
Dylan (BKN)
Dylan (BKN)
Admin

https://csleague.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GreenBear (PHX) Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:09 am

Okay, my mistake. I guess the only thing left is option 1 or 2.
GreenBear (PHX)
GreenBear (PHX)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:23 am

GreenBear (MEM) wrote:We all have our preferences. Some of us prefer a league with a computer simulated draft because it would even out the teams (for the most part, i get that it wouldn't be perfect. This has been touched upon several times.) and give teams back their normal draft picks. Some prefer GMs choosing a league with mirrored NBA rosters and picks because they want to compare achievements to the real team. And both groups have valid reasons.

But at the end of the day, it's a simulation league. You take the team that's given to you and you make it your own; be it a computer simulated draft roster, or your favorite NBA team's roster, or some crappy team you got stuck with because it was your only option (I'm looking at you CSL Memphis Grizzlies... haha).

And obviously I don't want anyone to leave the CSL. Especially guys like Dennis that are extremely active and have gone out of their way to befriend and help a n00b like myself on here. So at the end of the day, I may have my preferences, but I'd much rather go with the option that keeps most of the current league together because I'm still going to thoroughly enjoy myself on here.

Thanks for being mentioned here, but I think I wouldnt be as active as I was lately. I know i shouldnt communicate my opinion like in the tkap situation or PA (vuc thread). Thats why this time I only discussed it with others via PMs. Still have to admit, Im demotivated by the restart. 100% sure I will never again do a Real rebuild again. You can see what can happen. League maybe Restarts or dies. Also all my articles i put up for a good last scouting month are wasted time now. And I really tried hard to put up Real quality articles. Without being disrespectful.. I will be more as active as guys like dqchen, bt etc (no offense guys).
Dont get me wrong. i believe a restart needs to be done.

About the Fantasy draft: even if I or Willy would leave.. No matter who would leave.. Majority > all.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Myles (SAS) Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:28 am

Dennis, I can assure you completely this is the only time this will happen. Period. End of story. I will leave this league before we do another restart, and I am never leaving this league.
Myles (SAS)
Myles (SAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by bestnamezRtaken (POR) Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:28 am

Wow...I can't believe some of the responses I'm reading in here...Holy cow.
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:49 am

Myles (SAS) wrote:Dennis, I can assure you completely this is the only time this will happen. Period. End of story. I will leave this league before we do another restart, and I am never leaving this league.

I know Mr. Silver Razz..

Edit: Cool 95% of my message disappeared?!
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by goikiri (IND) Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:27 am

I vote for the option number 1 (real rosters)

I have 23 preferences to pick team, so I don't send my list for top 5 teams, I will choose the last one, ok Dylan & Myles?

I don't care, I come here to have fun.
goikiri (IND)
goikiri (IND)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stockton12 (UTA) Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:34 am

goikiri (BRO) wrote:I vote for the option number 1 (real rosters)

I have 23 preferences to pick team, so I don't send my list for top 5 teams, I will choose the last one, ok Dylan & Myles?  

yup i have a fav team but if i miss out i am happy with whatever i get
Stockton12 (UTA)
Stockton12 (UTA)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:36 am

Same here. Like said. Have 28. just please no MKE and PHl^^..
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by goikiri (IND) Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:42 am

Stockton12 wrote:

yup i have a fav team but if i miss out i am happy with whatever i get

If we play with real rosters and you're fan of 76ers, do you pick the team? My answer is YES,NO DOUBT but I think that any managers don't like choose bad teams for rebuild(and I understand).
goikiri (IND)
goikiri (IND)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next