CSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Forum.
by Stockton12 (UTA) Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 pm

» Ready, Set, Go!
by Dennis (BOS) Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

» HOUSTON ROCKETS TRADE BLOCK
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 am

» Mike D'antoni
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

» Magic Fire
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 am

» Chicago Bulls TB
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am

» Chicago Sign
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 am

» T.R. Dunn (10 characters)
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am

» Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 am

Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce - Free Agent Announcements

+18
Higrade (LAC)
Sun Scorched (NOP)
blackice (TOR)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
WillyJakkz (ORL)
Querejeta (WAS)
BizGilwalker (HOU)
Hustle Inc.
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
dapralbe (ATL)
Rizzo (NY)
Benripcity (MIA)
orangeparka (MIA)
andrei (MEM)
emplep7 (DET)
Dennis (BOS)
Jake0890 (WAS)
SterlingCooperDraperPryce
22 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce - Free Agent Announcements - Page 2 Empty Re: Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce - Free Agent Announcements

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:19 am

Nice contract for him, and nicelly sobe by the Pacers.
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce - Free Agent Announcements - Page 2 Empty Re: Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce - Free Agent Announcements

Post by Hustle Inc. Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:47 am

I like how subtle SCDP handles their business. Some like to post articles to announce their client has signed and make a big hoopla about it (guilty!) while it is all business here. Good work getting your clients their deals and keep up the good work as we stimulate the NBAPA's economy!
Hustle Inc.
Hustle Inc.

Back to top Go down

Post by BizGilwalker (HOU) Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:01 pm

Nice! Love to have Stephenson locked up longterm. He's been a solid player for us and at 5.5M per season, he's a steal.
BizGilwalker (HOU)
BizGilwalker (HOU)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:28 pm

Welp, Luol has already been signed. Wow.

In general, it'd be nice to get press releases and whatnot from some of these players before they're signed... I know a lot of the agencies are doing it, but not this one.
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by SterlingCooperDraperPryce Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:32 pm

Jake0890 (MIN) wrote:Welp, Luol has already been signed. Wow.

In general, it'd be nice to get press releases and whatnot from some of these players before they're signed... I know a lot of the agencies are doing it, but not this one.

We're not interested in hand-holding. We're interested in placing our clients with teams that express interest.

Press releases are the responsibility of the signing team. I would be checking this thread twice a day during free agency. Our clients' intentions and any rumors about them are typically posted for a full day prior to any moves being made.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:37 pm

SterlingCooperDraperPryce wrote:

We're not interested in hand-holding.  We're interested in placing our clients with teams that express interest.  

Press releases are the responsibility of the signing team.  I would be checking this thread twice a day during free agency.  Our clients' intentions and any rumors about them are typically posted for a full day prior to any moves being made.

Writing press releases is hand holding? Whatever works for you man, but I don't see it. To be honest, a lack of media isn't very good for the agent system we have going on.
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Querejeta (WAS) Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:40 pm

X. Luol Deng - Signed - Los Angeles Lakers - 4 years (Cap) - $20,329,551 (PO)

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Really annoyed by this signing. I was on the top of the list, the first one interested and suddenly he signs for another team who is supposed to be a contender (Westb. Beal and Horford) without telling me it has reach a better offer. and really similar to mine.

I'm starting to get bored and annoyed with this.
Querejeta (WAS)
Querejeta (WAS)

https://csleague.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyJakkz (ORL) Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:43 pm

Querejeta (WAS) wrote:

Really annoyed by this signing. I was on the top of the list, the first one interested and suddenly he signs for another team who is supposed to be a contender (Westb. Beal and Horford) without telling me it has reach a better offer. and really similar to mine.

I hear ya man BUT teams with capspace (such as yours) need to offer more if you really want to sign a guy, MLE vs MLE from a contender vs a young team and the winner should be contender every time.
WillyJakkz (ORL)
WillyJakkz (ORL)

Back to top Go down

Post by SterlingCooperDraperPryce Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:43 pm

Jake0890 (MIN) wrote:

We're not interested in hand-holding.  We're interested in placing our clients with teams that express interest.  

Press releases are the responsibility of the signing team.  I would be checking this thread twice a day during free agency.  Our clients' intentions and any rumors about them are typically posted for a full day prior to any moves being made.

Writing press releases is hand holding? Whatever works for you man, but I don't see it. To be honest, a lack of media isn't very good for the agent system we have going on.

While we may not be as media savvy as other agencies, we are moving our clients into organizations that best fit their interests. While not every free agent that we represent receives a press release, Luol did. In fact, this was posted in that press release:

Luol would like to find a team that can offer legitimate starting minutes and is uninterested in a prolonged free agency process. He has given us unilateral ability to negotiate an MLE deal with the first team that makes sense.

If you had an interest, a PM would have been a great place to start.

Back to top Go down

Post by Querejeta (WAS) Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:45 pm

WillyJakkz (HOU) wrote:I hear ya man BUT teams with capspace (such as yours) need to offer more if you really want to sign a guy, MLE vs MLE from a contender vs a young team and the winner should be contender every time.

But WTF makes LAL to be a contender, I have Wall, Griffin and Valan...!!!
Querejeta (WAS)
Querejeta (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:48 pm

Nah, I didn't have much intention to sign Luol. My comment was more on that these fast signings are a double edged swords. Its really nice to get deals done fast, and some agents don't exactly do that. But also, a lot of signings seen abrupt and out of the blue.
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by SterlingCooperDraperPryce Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:50 pm

Querejeta (WAS) wrote:

We told you he would sign with you for $21,350,000.  You declined.  He signed with Los Angeles for $20,329,551.  You lost him over $250k annually and, not surprisingly, your lack of interest.  Los Angeles came hard and offered the last bit of cap space they had so that he can start alongside Westbrook/Beal/Gasol/Horford.

It's difficult, we understand, but you were given the chance.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:53 pm

Querejeta (WAS) wrote:

We told you he would sign with you for $21,350,000.  You declined.  He signed with Los Angeles for $20,329,551.  You lost him over $250k annually and, not surprisingly, your lack of interest.  Los Angeles came hard and offered the last bit of cap space they had so that he can start alongside Westbrook/Beal/Gasol/Horford.

It's difficult, we understand, but you were given the chance.

Pretty harsh decision from the Wizards FO. Deng would have been great alongside those 3 guys you mentioned. And any deal under eight-figure annually for him must be considered as a steal. Imagine a deal under 6M.. That would be huge.
The Lakers did it and now have the steal of the FAP.
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by andrei (MEM) Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:54 pm

Wow, what happened with not revealing the GM - Agent discussion??
andrei (MEM)
andrei (MEM)

Back to top Go down

Post by Querejeta (WAS) Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:55 pm

SterlingCooperDraperPryce wrote:It's difficult, we understand, but you were given the chance.

No we hadn't we had the same offer and you didn't inform about a better offer! That's not fair. I would like to know by the end of the FA who is under every PA... just to know...
Querejeta (WAS)
Querejeta (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Querejeta (WAS) Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:56 pm

andrei (POR) wrote:Wow, what happened with not revealing the GM - Agent discussion??

Well it's my disccussion so I could reveal it. That was for the Agent not to do it. But others tells you they have got a better offer that could also be a lie just to make you pay more.
Querejeta (WAS)
Querejeta (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by bestnamezRtaken (POR) Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:57 pm

Querejeta (WAS) wrote:
SterlingCooperDraperPryce wrote:It's difficult, we understand, but you were given the chance.

No we hadn't we had the same offer and you didn't inform about a better offer! That's not fair. I would like to know by the end of the FA who is under every PA... just to know...

That probably wont happen. I imagine the PAs will be here for awhile...

Or is this just a one and done sort of thing...?
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)

Back to top Go down

Post by SterlingCooperDraperPryce Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:58 pm

andrei (POR) wrote:Wow, what happened with not revealing the GM - Agent discussion??

It's important for the integrity of this firm that, when accused, the community knows we have dealt fairly on both sides of the equation. Washington's GM has now posted several disparaging comments. Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce will not tolerate that or any insinuation that any impropriety has been conducted.

Back to top Go down

Post by SterlingCooperDraperPryce Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:00 pm

Querejeta (WAS) wrote:But others tells you they have got a better offer that could also be a lie just to make you pay more.

We don't participate in lies here at Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce. Of the GMs who have signed any of our players can attest, we are direct and easy to deal with.

Back to top Go down

Post by Querejeta (WAS) Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:01 pm

SterlingCooperDraperPryce wrote:We don't participate in lies here at Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce.  Of the GMs who have signed any of our players can attest, we are direct and easy to deal with.

Wasn't an affirmation. You won't recieve any other offer from my side, don't worry.
Querejeta (WAS)
Querejeta (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Querejeta (WAS) Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:03 pm

Isn't this also revealing????!!!

SCDP wrote:We told you he would sign with you for $21,350,000.  You declined.  He signed with Los Angeles for $20,329,551.  You lost him over $250k annually and, not surprisingly, your lack of interest.  Los Angeles came hard and offered the last bit of cap space they had so that he can start alongside Westbrook/Beal/Gasol/Horford.
Querejeta (WAS)
Querejeta (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by SterlingCooperDraperPryce Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:03 pm

Querejeta (WAS) wrote:

Isn't this also revealing????!!!

SCDP wrote:We told you he would sign with you for $21,350,000.  You declined.  He signed with Los Angeles for $20,329,551.  You lost him over $250k annually and, not surprisingly, your lack of interest.  Los Angeles came hard and offered the last bit of cap space they had so that he can start alongside Westbrook/Beal/Gasol/Horford.

That is what the Portland GM was referring to in the first place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Querejeta (WAS) Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:05 pm

So maybe you didn't behave with us as you where supposed to do. Enough.
Querejeta (WAS)
Querejeta (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by andrei (MEM) Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:06 pm

Agree that my experience with SCDP has been pleasant so far
But think that conflicts have to be moderated by commissioners, not entire league without revealing the interaction to all

And yes i was referring to PA not GM
andrei (MEM)
andrei (MEM)

Back to top Go down

Post by bestnamezRtaken (POR) Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:10 pm

So far, my negotiations with all the PAs have been pleasant...Even SCDP. Sorry you're having so much trouble with them WAS... :/
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next