CSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Forum.
by Stockton12 (UTA) Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 pm

» Ready, Set, Go!
by Dennis (BOS) Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

» HOUSTON ROCKETS TRADE BLOCK
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 am

» Mike D'antoni
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

» Magic Fire
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 am

» Chicago Bulls TB
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am

» Chicago Sign
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 am

» T.R. Dunn (10 characters)
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am

» Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 am

Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce - Free Agent Announcements

+18
Higrade (LAC)
Sun Scorched (NOP)
blackice (TOR)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
WillyJakkz (ORL)
Querejeta (WAS)
BizGilwalker (HOU)
Hustle Inc.
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
dapralbe (ATL)
Rizzo (NY)
Benripcity (MIA)
orangeparka (MIA)
andrei (MEM)
emplep7 (DET)
Dennis (BOS)
Jake0890 (WAS)
SterlingCooperDraperPryce
22 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce - Free Agent Announcements - Page 3 Empty Re: Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce - Free Agent Announcements

Post by blackice (TOR) Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:11 pm

Not for nothing, but I knew this would happen. There are no press releases, open dialogue or anything with the in game FA process but now if there isn't an article by the PA on why a minor FA signs it's the end of the world. A lot of things were not being taken into account with the previous system, but the one benefit is that no one could complain about bias.

We collectively agreed to use PA's under the assumption that there wouldn't be this whining over decisions. I don't get why OP took "heat" so to speak for his signings. He did what he was supposed to do. Jestor might have cause to object or whatever but at least he put in a comparable offer (hell at least he put in AN offer). Even then he made his comment, and then moved on. Having a reaction to a signing and questioning the PA are two different things, if I volunteered my time to do this and had GM's openly saying "you're agency isn't as good as this other one"...I don't think I'd deal with it that very well.

All signings have to be approved by Myles and Dylan, if you have a real cause to question the system or an agency it would be advisable to PM them.

*before I hear "oh you signed 3 guys, no wonder you're defending them you brown (black?) noser" look at the message and not the messenger. On top of that I wasn't able to retain Chalmers but the agency gave me every opportunity to raise my offer/minutes. That's all we can really ask.

Last edited by blackice (ATL) on Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
blackice (TOR)
blackice (TOR)

Back to top Go down

Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce - Free Agent Announcements - Page 3 Empty Re: Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce - Free Agent Announcements

Post by Rizzo (NY) Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:13 pm

I'm just upset at myself that I didn't realize that Deng was available and I didn't clear cap space in time to sign him. Damn...
Rizzo (NY)
Rizzo (NY)

Back to top Go down

Post by SterlingCooperDraperPryce Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:13 pm

Let's be clear - there is nothing for the commissioners to review here.  Washington was given the first chance to sign Luol.  He was told directly what Luol would sign with him for.  He declined.  Luol signed elsewhere.  End of story.

Back to top Go down

Post by Querejeta (WAS) Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:15 pm

SterlingCooperDraperPryce wrote:Let's be clear - there is nothing for the commissioners to review here.  Washington was given the first chance to sign Luol.  He was told directly what Luol would sign with him for.  He declined.  Luol signed elsewhere.  End of story.

We get the first interest, we got the best offer... how the hell did LAL offer just a little bit more than mine??? Casualty??? If it's that I'll shut up.
Querejeta (WAS)
Querejeta (WAS)

https://csleague.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:20 pm

Rizzo (NO) wrote:I'm just upset at myself that I didn't realize that Deng was available and I didn't clear cap space in time to sign him. Damn...

And I'm upset because had I joined the league a week earlier, I'd have a full 5M MLE to throw at anyone. And Luol would be my top priority.
Anyway, it is what it is. I'm gonna do OK without it. No complaining, just work hard, do not wait anything to go your way if you're not pushing it hard enough. You don't see money falling from the sky. And you won't see Kobe Bryant or Deng going to your team for a MLE if you don't put yourself into this kind of opportunity and work hard so that can actually happen. We're just trying to work as hard as we can and putting ourself into position for big things. The rest is consequence, and a little bit of what they call "know how".
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sun Scorched (NOP) Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:21 pm

Dude - I get it. I'm working with agencies that are moving very slowly. That's their style. I've had two outstanding offers since Day 1 and I've seen several of my other targets signed out from under me. It sucks, but that's the process.

It's fun and, frankly, pretty realistic I feel. Some agents sign early, some late.
Sun Scorched (NOP)
Sun Scorched (NOP)

Back to top Go down

Post by andrei (MEM) Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:24 pm

Sun Scorched (CHA) wrote:Dude - I get it.  I'm working with agencies that are moving very slowly.  That's their style.  I've had two outstanding offers since Day 1 and I've seen several of my other targets signed out from under me.  It sucks, but that's the process.

It's fun and, frankly, pretty realistic I feel.  Some agents sign early, some late.

Agree... the only thing that frustrates me is slow comms that i am experiencing so far... update requests are now a daily ritual Sad
andrei (MEM)
andrei (MEM)

Back to top Go down

Post by Higrade (LAC) Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:07 pm

Damn lmao...I just logged on and saw the Deng Not Forgotten article...was about to send in my MLE to him then saw he was gone already.
Higrade (LAC)
Higrade (LAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Higrade (LAC) Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:41 pm

SterlingCooperDraperPryce wrote:
Jake0890 (MIN) wrote:Welp, Luol has already been signed. Wow.

In general, it'd be nice to get press releases and whatnot from some of these players before they're signed... I know a lot of the agencies are doing it, but not this one.

We're not interested in hand-holding.  We're interested in placing our clients with teams that express interest.  

Press releases are the responsibility of the signing team.  I would be checking this thread twice a day during free agency.  Our clients' intentions and any rumors about them are typically posted for a full day prior to any moves being made.

"Deng Not Forgotten" article posted at 11:40am this morning.

Then he signs with a team what....4 hours later ? Is that a joke ?

Honestly, I did look at Deng..but never asked anyone who was representing him, so that...in a sense, could be my fault. But not really at all.

You finally post your representing Deng, then you don't give teams at LEAST 24 hours to send in offers ? Instead a decision is reached in 4-5 hours to the first bidder ? What kind of system is this "PA System" we have running here ? I mean seriously....not everyone checks the damn forum at the drop of a hat. What about work and that thing called real life ? People are in completely different time zones all over the world in this league. So explain to me...how the hell does it make sense, ESPECIALLY in this situation to sign a player that quickly and NOT GIVE every team a fair chance to sign him ? Explain that to me. Because this is straight up bullshit.
Higrade (LAC)
Higrade (LAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by LakeshowAK7 (OKC) Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:59 pm

I am willing to negate the signing so more GM's can get involved. Integrity of the system > Luol Deng. I'll let Myles/Dylan handle it as they may.
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Higrade (LAC) Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:14 pm

LakeshowAK7 (LAL) wrote:I am willing to negate the signing so more GM's can get involved.  Integrity of the system > Luol Deng.  I'll let Myles/Dylan handle it as they may.

It's not your fault at all, it's the PAs fault. Its basically as if you aren't here on the PAs time...you don't get the player. Majority of it has been good, players and teams get 24hrs to beat an offer on the table....but this Deng situation has me shocked. 5 hour time frame to sign him, really ?
Higrade (LAC)
Higrade (LAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by LakeshowAK7 (OKC) Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:21 pm

Higrade (GSW) wrote:
LakeshowAK7 (LAL) wrote:I am willing to negate the signing so more GM's can get involved.  Integrity of the system > Luol Deng.  I'll let Myles/Dylan handle it as they may.

It's not your fault at all, it's the PAs fault. Its basically as if you aren't here on the PAs time...you don't get the player. Majority of it has been good, players and teams get 24hrs to beat an offer on the table....but this Deng situation has me shocked. 5 hour time frame to sign him, really ?

I mean sometimes players sign rather quick. I don't think there was any ill will on the Agents part, but sure there could have been a bigger window - especially with how big Dirk's has been.

I think the only thing missing from this PA system right now is a true, consistent window for the players to be signed.
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)
LakeshowAK7 (OKC)

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyJakkz (ORL) Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:29 pm

LMAO at the whining going on... hilarious...

If guys really want a player all they have to do is look at the FA list that everyone can see, check the Agencies list of players they represent and if they don't see them contact the Commishes.

The commishes even posted to do so as they may have glossed over some players.

I contacted the commish regarding a player not represented, so has at least one other GM.

Damn have the wherewithall to handle your own business and look in the mirror instead of blaming someone else for failures on you guys part.

It's been almost a week at least in FA, I think peeps know who they want and if guys don't have the common sense to check the FA list then that's on them.

5hrs or not, Deng has been a FA unrepresented for more than 144hrs so now it comes down to 5hrs of him being actually represented to being signed and then it's a problem...

Ballers Inc is the only Agency I feel deserves some wrath, if they take it personally so be it, hopefully they keep Agency and GM separate but they seem to be the ones that have the poorest communication etc and thank goodness none of the guys I wanted have been repped by them.

Last edited by WillyJakkz (HOU) on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
WillyJakkz (ORL)
WillyJakkz (ORL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:30 pm

+1 Lakeshow

I think the only thing missing in PAs is a real time frame for players to sign. Some sign too quickly, others far too long.
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:41 pm

I think there's not a "Timetable" set for FA signs. They can accept the deal when they want to. It's just a question of being on the right situation with the right contract.

Still, who's running the show here are PAs. You have 3 cases which caused some polemic:
- Isaiah Thomas
- Brandon Rush
- Luol Deng

In IT case, for me PA did well. Even if he had bigger offers, he wanted to remain with the Heat. He got paid. It's a 60M / 5 year deal, it's no joke, it's no MLE. He really got paid to be on the situation he wanted to. So, my opinion, PA got it right.

Rush, I think they "rushed" (sorry haha) the decision a little bit. You have to wait and test waters, every one know GMs lowball offers and wait for decision. But if I were in command of a PA, i wouldn't sign players under 33 yo to minimum deals until the last 3 days of FAP. Still, share the blame with GMs that showed him no interest. You gotta be active and reach PAs at least notifying them you're interested. And Rush signed in 4th - 5th day of FAP. There was enough time to at least reach them. So, in the end, everyone is wrong, so no one is wrong at all.

Deng's case, PA must have waited till tomorrow morning.
Don't get me wrong, please. SCDP is my favorite PA, they have replied me all my offers and shows me lot of respect, just as I show them. But they've gotta wait at least 24 hours between confirming that you're handling players' FA situation and signing him with a team, even if he does not want to waste time as a FA. 24 hours is nothing for an agency and is too much for GMs. That's the difference between been able to send an offer or not.
If Deng was cashing in a huge paycheck of 15M, say, and the team gave the agency no time to think, you gotta say hell yeah because that's a huge contract. That's a one time offer, no one is gonna pay him close to that.
But at 5M, you have to give teams time to offer him, say, at least the same (a MLE level deal).

Of course, I don't care what's happening. But if I were a PA, that would be my way of handling things. You gotta be pacient, you gotta understand everyone has a life outside of here, and you gotta give them time at least to reach you.

Congrats to all 4 PAs though, it's not easy to handle that, especially because it's the first time we're using this system, you won't make everyone happy even if you do everything right. At least you're showing much respect to us, GMs.
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by Higrade (LAC) Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:51 pm

WillyJakkz (HOU) wrote:LMAO at the whining going on... hilarious...

If guys really want a player all they have to do is look at the FA list that everyone can see, check the Agencies list of players they represent and if they don't see them contact the Commishes.

The commishes even posted to do so as they may have glossed over some players.

I contacted the commish regarding a player not represented, so has at least one other GM.

Damn have the wherewithall to handle your own business and look in the mirror instead of blaming someone else for failures on you guys part.

It's been almost a week at least in FA, I think peeps know who they want and if guys don't have the common sense to check the FA list then that's on them.

5hrs or not, Deng has been a FA unrepresented for more than 144hrs so now it comes down to 5hrs of him being actually represented to being signed and then it's a problem...

Ballers Inc is the only Agency I feel deserves some wrath, if they take it personally so be it, hopefully they keep Agency and GM separate but they seem to be the ones that have the poorest communication etc and thank goodness none of the guys I wanted have been repped by them.

Yeah I have no problem pointing out major flaws. Deng was officially put on the market for a 5 hour time frame. Those of us in different time zones or at work had no chance with negotiating for him, so yes its complete bullshit. Not my fault in any way I had no chance to make an official offer for Deng.
Higrade (LAC)
Higrade (LAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:58 pm

Calm down man.
I know it's hard to listen to someone who's speaking but hasn't suffered it. You were the one "damaged" here so I should not be saying anything because that didn't hurt me at all.
But calm down. Every one is learning. PAs, us, commissioners. It's time to learn.

A suggestion, we should be able to evaluate PAs work at the end of the FAP. Not for criticize them just for doing so. We need to evaluate and suggest some ways for PAs to improve. We need to help this great system improve. We can give grades from A to F for some points, like: Has PAs replied to your offers? Has PAs given you enough time to raise your offer? How would you grade PAs ability to negotiate nice deals for their players?... and so..
And at the end, we can give them some suggestions about every PA.
I love that system, it's different and it's very nice. I feel like I'm negotiating at real NBA hahaha
This is a system that, with some adjustments, some rules, and other things, as long as GMs who are running PAs are really handling business well and getting the best for their clients and not for their own Clubs, can be a differential to make this league the best one out there.
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by Higrade (LAC) Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:01 pm

I've had no problems with Roc Nation or Hustle, they know how to go about their business and SCDP seems to handle their business pretty damn good, but this situation simply wasn't handled properly.  Deng should have been officially available to every GM for at least 24 hours, no question about it.

As far as Ballers Inc goes, they don't deserve to be an agency period, their way of doing things is flawed and sketchy in so many ways.
Higrade (LAC)
Higrade (LAC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rizzo (NY) Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:46 pm

I think PA Evaluations would be good but like you said it can't be for personal attacks or criticism. It should be used for objective thoughts and grading on specific categories like you said. Maybe the agencies that grade out the best will represent the higher profile players. That would be pretty realistic IMO.
Rizzo (NY)
Rizzo (NY)

Back to top Go down

Post by SterlingCooperDraperPryce Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:54 pm

Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce is thrilled to announce that Rudy Fernandez has signed with the Utah Jazz. Details to follow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:35 pm

Rudy gets paid.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by bestnamezRtaken (POR) Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:39 pm

I'm curious about Hinrich, Battier, and Augustin to see where they end up...
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:17 am

Nobody worried about Rudy Fernandez getting a 10m contract? Come on guys. Whats up with you? Great job SCDP!
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:16 am

Huge contract.. I'd go with Ray Ray if I had to expend my MLE at some SG all day long.

Still, shoots well, isn't a defensive liability, complements Jazz's starting 5 really well. He'll have a lot of room to shoot 3s. Let's see if it will work.
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by emplep7 (DET) Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:02 am

A solid pickup for the Jazz. Will be a good complimentary player for that team.
emplep7 (DET)
emplep7 (DET)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next