CSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Forum.
by Stockton12 (UTA) Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 pm

» Ready, Set, Go!
by Dennis (BOS) Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:59 am

» HOUSTON ROCKETS TRADE BLOCK
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:42 am

» Mike D'antoni
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:35 am

» Magic Fire
by WillyJakkz (ORL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:32 am

» Chicago Bulls TB
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 am

» Chicago Sign
by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:47 am

» T.R. Dunn (10 characters)
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:46 am

» Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
by Jestor (LAL) Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:43 am

Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce - Free Agent Announcements

+18
Higrade (LAC)
Sun Scorched (NOP)
blackice (TOR)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
WillyJakkz (ORL)
Querejeta (WAS)
BizGilwalker (HOU)
Hustle Inc.
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
dapralbe (ATL)
Rizzo (NY)
Benripcity (MIA)
orangeparka (MIA)
andrei (MEM)
emplep7 (DET)
Dennis (BOS)
Jake0890 (WAS)
SterlingCooperDraperPryce
22 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce - Free Agent Announcements - Page 4 Empty Re: Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce - Free Agent Announcements

Post by SterlingCooperDraperPryce Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:50 pm

Kirk Hinrich to the Mavericks.

Patrick Patterson to the Kings.

Norris Cole to the Pistons.

Announcements updated on first page. SCDP HQ updated with actual contracts.

Back to top Go down

Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce - Free Agent Announcements - Page 4 Empty Re: Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce - Free Agent Announcements

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:52 pm

Dallas finally landed someone! Kirk is a nice bench player.

Nice signing for the Kings too. Patterson is a really nice defensive big, and if I had the cap left, I would have gave him a big offer.
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by bestnamezRtaken (POR) Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:52 pm

Finally got someone! Definitely happy with Kirk off the bench.
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:59 pm

Just curious to know, didnt SAC lose their MLE due to the Davis signing because they had capspace in the first place? Isnt it use MLE or Capspace? So they should have had to use their MLE first and resign Ed after? At least thats the rule in the NLL isnt it? Or is it different with RFA? Dont want the SAC signing getting cancelled, absolutely not, just curious to know! Maybe Im getting something wrong.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:02 pm

Too bad we could not land captain Kirk.. Anyway, I don't see where he fits at Dallas, unless they're moving George Hill..
And also I gave him an 2 year guaranteed offer with real backup minutes not only at one position.. Anyway, that happens, I'm gonna go after other PG..
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dylan (BKN) Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:02 pm

DennisJ (BOS) wrote:Just curious to know, didnt SAC lose their MLE due to the Davis signing because they had capspace in the first place? Isnt it use MLE or Capspace? So they should have had to use their MLE first and resign Ed after? At least thats the rule in the NLL isnt it? Or is it different with RFA? Dont want the SAC signing getting cancelled, absolutely not, just curious to know! Maybe Im getting something wrong.

As far as I understand it:

The MLE is determined at the beginning of free agency. It doesn't just disappear depending on the signings you make.
Dylan (BKN)
Dylan (BKN)
Admin

https://csleague.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Riot (MKE) Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:02 pm

I know I lost my MLE after re-signing Faried. Had cap space before, did not have cap space after.
Riot (MKE)
Riot (MKE)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:03 pm

Dylan (SAC) wrote:
DennisJ (BOS) wrote:Just curious to know, didnt SAC lose their MLE due to the Davis signing because they had capspace in the first place? Isnt it use MLE or Capspace? So they should have had to use their MLE first and resign Ed after? At least thats the rule in the NLL isnt it? Or is it different with RFA? Dont want the SAC signing getting cancelled, absolutely not, just curious to know! Maybe Im getting something wrong.

The MLE is determined at the beginning of free agency. It doesn't just disappear depending on the signings you make.

Yeah, that's right, but at the beginning of FA, you had 7 mil in cap space, and since you had more cap space that the amount of money the MLE is worth, you don't get an MLE.

Could be wrong tho. Might have to refer to Myles here.
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:05 pm

Jake0890 (MIN) wrote:
Dylan (SAC) wrote:

Yeah, that's right, but at the beginning of FA, you had 7 mil in cap space, and since you had more cap space that the amount of money the MLE is worth, you don't get an MLE.

yeah thats what I wanted to say. Lets just say you used some of your capspace for Patterson first and resigned Ed after. Everything fine. Was just curious to know.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:08 pm

Jake0890 (MIN) wrote:
Dylan (SAC) wrote:

At least in the CBA it says exactly this.
The MLE is an exception for teams over the CAP or that are some value smaller than the MLE under the CAP.
As you had 7M under, and that's clearly bigger than any MLE available to teams, then I don't think you have your MLE.
Like me, I was going to offer Kirk an LLE deal, but as I don't have my full MLE, that means I was over the tax when FAP started. That means I don't have LLE either.
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by SterlingCooperDraperPryce Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:17 pm

To start free agency, Sacramento was at $52,401,231 in total salary, after the draft.

Ed Davis' cap hold was $7,884,650, bringing their cap (including holds) to $60,285,881. Since this amount is less than the $60,980,505 salary cap, but does not create at least $2,600,000 in cap space, SAC gets to use their Cap MLE which looks as follows, to sign Patrick Patterson:

Year 1 - $2,600,000
Year 2 - $2,678,000
Total - $5,278,000

Back to top Go down

Post by SterlingCooperDraperPryce Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:18 pm

Delonte West has signed with the Utah Jazz.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake0890 (WAS) Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:20 pm

nevermind

Last edited by Jake0890 (MIN) on Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jake0890 (WAS)
Jake0890 (WAS)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:21 pm

SterlingCooperDraperPryce wrote:To start free agency, Sacramento was at $52,401,231 in total salary, after the draft.

Ed Davis' cap hold was $7,884,650, bringing their cap (including holds) to $60,285,881.  Since this amount is less than the $60,980,505 salary cap, but does not create at least $2,600,000 in cap space, SAC gets to use their Cap MLE which looks as follows, to sign Patrick Patterson:

Year 1 - $2,600,000
Year 2 - $2,678,000
Total - $5,278,000

Very well explained.
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by SterlingCooperDraperPryce Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:25 pm

Before signings, SAC's salary was $60,285,881.  They replaced Davis' hold ($7,884,650) with his salary ($12,000,000) which brought them to $64,401,231 after the signing.

$60,285,881 is the number to focus on - this was their "salary" at the start of free agency, and syncs with my explanation above of why they get the CAP MLE ($2,600,000), as opposed to the FULL MLE ($5,300,000) or the use of their cap space ($694,624).

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:30 pm

Yeah SCDP is right. Just read the capspace summary somebody did and there SAC was listed with 7m capspace. So that was just "wrong". Everything fine. Like said my intention wasnt to cancel SACs signing. Thanks for the explanation.
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by SterlingCooperDraperPryce Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:34 pm

DennisJ (BOS) wrote:Yeah SCDP is right. Just read the capspace summary somebody did and there SAC was listed with 7m capspace. So that was just "wrong". Everything fine. Like said my intention wasnt to cancel SACs signing. Thanks for the explanation.

The article that you mentioned was pre-draft, meaning it did not include rookies. That's why there is a slight difference.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dennis (BOS) Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:37 pm

SterlingCooperDraperPryce wrote:
DennisJ (BOS) wrote:Yeah SCDP is right. Just read the capspace summary somebody did and there SAC was listed with 7m capspace. So that was just "wrong". Everything fine. Like said my intention wasnt to cancel SACs signing. Thanks for the explanation.

The article that you mentioned was pre-draft, meaning it did not include rookies.  That's why there is a slight difference.

Thanks again!
Dennis (BOS)
Dennis (BOS)

Back to top Go down

Post by emplep7 (DET) Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:05 pm

Glad to get Cole as a backup.  Needed one until Payton is ready.
emplep7 (DET)
emplep7 (DET)

Back to top Go down

Post by SterlingCooperDraperPryce Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:41 pm

Shane Battier to sign with Portland.

Back to top Go down

Post by SterlingCooperDraperPryce Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:02 pm

Channing Frye to sign with Milwaukee.

Remeber to check the Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce HQ for exact details. Press releases are up to the individual teams.

Back to top Go down

Post by SterlingCooperDraperPryce Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:24 pm

Jason Smith re-signs with New Orleans.

Back to top Go down

Post by bestnamezRtaken (POR) Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:27 pm

Marcos_Beck (OKC) wrote:Too bad we could not land captain Kirk.. Anyway, I don't see where he fits at Dallas, unless they're moving George Hill..
And also I gave him an 2 year guaranteed offer with real backup minutes not only at one position.. Anyway, that happens, I'm gonna go after other PG..

Kirk will be backing up the two spot with Hill backing up Parker. He'll get good minutes in Dallas.
bestnamezRtaken (POR)
bestnamezRtaken (POR)

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcos_Beck (CHI) Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:44 pm

bestnamezRtaken (DAL) wrote:
Marcos_Beck (OKC) wrote:Too bad we could not land captain Kirk.. Anyway, I don't see where he fits at Dallas, unless they're moving George Hill..

Kirk will be backing up the two spot with Hill backing up Parker. He'll get good minutes in Dallas.

Thanks a lot for the explanation Smile
Marcos_Beck (CHI)
Marcos_Beck (CHI)

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyJakkz (ORL) Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:26 am

SCDP puttin' in work getting their clients signed.

Other agencies clients be like:
WillyJakkz (ORL)
WillyJakkz (ORL)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next